Baseball Coming Back?!?

Discuss anything you like related to Wolverine Studios

Re: Baseball Coming Back?!?

Postby spitfire » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:25 pm

I think it's pretty unlikely that Wolverine would bother making sure to use the same ratings categories as a game produced by another company. I also don't recall seeing anything about this being a college game [if it ever happens at all], aside from wishes and dreams expressed by some gamers. Maybe I missed something about that. It might all unfold the way some of you guys want, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Just a personal opinion ..........
spitfire

Re: Baseball Coming Back?!?

Postby SalukiFin » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:19 am

Oh for sure. I'd have a hard time making a game with OOTP's ratings as they're fine tuned to work for OOTP's engine, and would come up with my own as well. My guess is that WS would adapt both their pro and college models to their baseball sim, so if they release a game they'd release both at least eventually (like basketball and football).

The biggest challenge of a college baseball game compared to other college sports is scholarships. The majority of players have quarter scholarships, with many more players being a preferred walk-on at larger schools in favor of money at smaller schools. WS would need to code a way to offer someone a walk-on spot, which may mess with a lot of the hard code already in place. That said, a pro game is what has ~officially~ been talked about and would likely be released first on its own, while we cross our fingers they work on the college adaptation :)
SalukiFin

Previous

Return to General Discussions