Finally Got A PC - Looking For Start Up Advice/Tutorials

Discuss anything you like related to Wolverine Studios

Finally Got A PC - Looking For Start Up Advice/Tutorials

Postby leegero » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:22 pm

Hi there-

I just got a PC and I cannot wait to purchase some of these games. I plan on using mods like I assume many folks do.

My main question is, where are the best tutorials that I can find that covers general game play, as well as how to download mods? Are there YouTube tutorial videos, etc?

Much appreciative of the help in advance!
leegero

Re: Finally Got A PC - Looking For Start Up Advice/Tutorials

Postby leegero » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:20 pm

Loving all of the responses and help...thanks!
leegero

Postby Rizzo » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:39 am

While the forums can prove to be useful, their Slack channel is much more active. Questions typically get answered by the community or the devs in a much more timely manner there. Here's the link: https://join.slack.com/t/wolverinestudi ... kfcoivpXXg

If you're looking for tutorials, you could go to YouTube as there are plenty of tutorials on there for most of the games WS offers. For mods, just read the mod thread here on the forums and each mod will tell you how to install it.
Rizzo

Postby AKH » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:36 am

Yeah, its a better idea to go a little closer to the source - posting 'gimme all your tutorials for all the games' in the main forum is a bit optimistic, most of us stay in our respective subforums, I rarely venture up here. Also, much of what you request can be found in said subforums, literally one or two clicks away.
AKH

Postby leegero » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:22 pm

Rizzo wrote:While the forums can prove to be useful, their Slack channel is much more active. Questions typically get answered by the community or the devs in a much more timely manner there. Here's the link: https://join.slack.com/t/wolverinestudi ... kfcoivpXXg

If you're looking for tutorials, you could go to YouTube as there are plenty of tutorials on there for most of the games WS offers. For mods, just read the mod thread here on the forums and each mod will tell you how to install it.

Thank you!
leegero

Postby leegero » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:28 pm

AKH wrote:Yeah, its a better idea to go a little closer to the source - posting 'gimme all your tutorials for all the games' in the main forum is a bit optimistic, most of us stay in our respective subforums, I rarely venture up here. Also, much of what you request can be found in said subforums, literally one or two clicks away.

Understood, but I am literally completely new to the world and have interest in multiple sports, so I was just asking for some advice...not all...as to where I can start. I guess what sort of baffles me about your response is, I'm not sure if you actually wanted to help or just point out what I did wrong. If I was " literally one or two clicks away" would it hurt to add info as to where those clicks are? I just wanted a starting point to learn and as I do, I'd like to be able to pay it back to people. I understand that to those who've been playing the game for a while that some folks might come off as not wanting to do any work to get answers though.

All good, I will figure it out, thanks.
leegero

Postby PointGuard » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:50 pm

leegero: Have you tried the free demo for each game? If not, really suggest that you do. Then purchase the game you like most and get started with that. As you do, read the written guide that comes along with it, take a look the tutorial video for that game, try Playing it a bit, check the forum for that game to see what others have asked and guidance that has been provided, and then ask specific questions in the specific form for that game. I think you will find people here willing to help that way. It's just not really practical to spew out general guidance to you when we don't now what you're playing and what kinds of issues you are running into.

Then you can go on to buy other games here that you also like and go about things the same with with those.

Good luck with it and hope you find the games as fun to play as I have.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby leegero » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:04 pm

PointGuard wrote:leegero: Have you tried the free demo for each game? If not, really suggest that you do. Then purchase the game you like most and get started with that. As you do, read the written guide that comes along with it, take a look the tutorial video for that game, try Playing it a bit, check the forum for that game to see what others have asked and guidance that has been provided, and then ask specific questions in the specific form for that game. I think you will find people here willing to help that way. It's just not really practical to spew out general guidance to you when we don't now what you're playing and what kinds of issues you are running into.

Then you can go on to buy other games here that you also like and go about things the same with with those.

Good luck with it and hope you find the games as fun to play as I have.

Thanks so much for this advice, sorry I didn't reply sooner. I really wasn't looking for general guidance for each game....I was really just asking for a source or two where I could then do the digging on my own. Like YouTube, Slack, etc (which has been suggested). Some games have bigger presence on some platforms than others. Sorry if I worded my request to come off that way and thanks for the advice!
leegero

Postby Ratonasu47 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:57 am

There's a couple of youtube series you can check out on youtube. there's a youtube chnnel called General Manager Games, that got me into the games.
Ratonasu47

Postby leegero » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:05 pm

thanks!
leegero

Return to General Discussions