What is your favorite WS game?

Discuss anything you like related to Wolverine Studios

What is your favorite WS game?

Postby owncredible » Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:24 pm

Hello everyone.

I'm a big fan of sports management games, and I've been specifically looking for basketball and football ones to play. Besides the franchise modes in NBA 2K and Madden, there aren't many basketball or football sports management games out there. I've seen a few ones that are web based, but they don't interest me as much as I want an actual game. Anyways, the games by Wolverine Studios seem like the best on the market currently. I had a very brief stint of playing DDS Pro Basketball 2021, so that's what brought me back here.

My question, as you can see by the title, is what is your favorite game out of the Draft Day Sports bunch? Is there any one of them that you find that falls short of expectations? To give you a little more insight, I'm more of a professional sports fan than a college sports fan, but I wouldn't mind playing the college games. Basketball and football are also my top two favorite sports, so I don't have a sports preference either.

Also, I am aware that there are playable demos for each game. I am already planning on utilizing them to see which game(s) I would want to buy. I just want to get other people's opinions to see which they think is the best/if there's any one that falls short on expectations.

Thanks.
owncredible

Re: What is your favorite WS game?

Postby SalukiFin » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:34 am

This current college basketball game is my third in a row, and I've carried over the same save in each, playing out every game. Playing out games in basketball (I assume college and pro are similar) is really enjoyable. I've only ever played the demo for football, but haven't been as hooked by the in-game coaching. Depends on what you want out of the sim though, as I know a lot of people really enjoy the dynasty aspects of simming both college and pro football here. Hopefully a football fan can chime in!
SalukiFin

Postby PointGuard » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:14 pm

I'm addicted to DDSCB. Like the recruting part of it the most.

Have palyed DDSPB and it's good also.

Also enoy playing DDSPG, although I've put my golf clubs aside for a while now.

Don't have the Football ones, but they look good.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby owncredible » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:46 pm

SalukiFin wrote:This current college basketball game is my third in a row, and I've carried over the same save in each, playing out every game. Playing out games in basketball (I assume college and pro are similar) is really enjoyable. I've only ever played the demo for football, but haven't been as hooked by the in-game coaching. Depends on what you want out of the sim though, as I know a lot of people really enjoy the dynasty aspects of simming both college and pro football here. Hopefully a football fan can chime in!

Thanks for your input. I think I differ with you as I prefer to sim through the games rather than playing them out. The in-game coaching seemed like a little too much for me when I looked at it on the college basketball game. I'd rather focus on building the team and watching their success rather than making major coaching errors that cause my team to lose. Though, that's probably the fun/challenge of coaching, so I may give it a try in the future.

PointGuard wrote:I'm addicted to DDSCB. Like the recruting part of it the most.

Have palyed DDSPB and it's good also.

Also enoy playing DDSPG, although I've put my golf clubs aside for a while now.

Don't have the Football ones, but they look good.

Thanks for your input. I did recently play DDSCB demo, and I liked the recruiting as well. Being able to actually contact the player and ask them about their preferences/gauge their interest is really cool. It was also pretty rewarding being able to land a 3 star recruit when most of the players interested in my school were mostly 1 stars and a few 2 stars.

I'm not a big fan of golf (besides mini golf as that's always fun), so I probably won't be playing that, but I'm definitely going to be trying out the football games soon.
owncredible

Postby SalukiFin » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:10 pm

Making major coaching errors is my thing! Bonus points for beer, although anymore I don't need much help losing since my top guys graduated or transferred out, and my only returning starter broke his elbow in the first week!
SalukiFin

Postby servo75 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:28 pm

All the football games. But I'm hoping for a DDS Hockey someday :o
servo75

Postby spitfire » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:42 am

servo75 wrote:But I'm hoping for a DDS Hockey someday :o

You and me both!!!! :)
spitfire

Return to General Discussions