Shaun Sullivan is helping out!!

Discuss anything you like related to Wolverine Studios

Shaun Sullivan is helping out!!

Postby Tim Plum » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:53 pm

Read what Shaun has to say at his Matrix PureSim forum. http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1224313
Tim Plum
Elite Member

Postby Shaa » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:24 pm

Nice little read by Shaun there. Always good to get the word spread a little more.
Shaa

Postby Zorro » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:59 pm

Wow, I did not know Shaun was involved in this. He is a very nice guy. I buy all of his Puresim games even though I play OOTP baseball . His support is so good that if you have a question you can even e-mail him. I just can not wait until Friday. I play them all {Baseball,Football,Basketball} but.............THIS is the kind of game I wanted for years.........................Z
Zorro
Elite Member

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:19 pm

lol, I didn't know Shaun was going to help out either. I showed him the beta, he came up with some really good ideas and I said I probably wouldn't be able to do some of the stuff he could so he volunteered to do it himself which it took me all of one second to say yes to. He's spent the past few days adding a really cool looking trajectory to shots in the game. It looks great and I can't wait for everyone else to be able to see it.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Zorro » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:58 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:lol, I didn't know Shaun was going to help out either. I showed him the beta, he came up with some really good ideas and I said I probably wouldn't be able to do some of the stuff he could so he volunteered to do it himself which it took me all of one second to say yes to. He's spent the past few days adding a really cool looking trajectory to shots in the game. It looks great and I can't wait for everyone else to be able to see it.
Toooooooooo cool...................................Z
Zorro
Elite Member

Postby Ruthian23 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:05 pm

Zorro wrote: I just can not wait until Friday. I play them all {Baseball,Football,Basketball} but.............THIS is the kind of game I wanted for years.........................Z

I agree. The genre of player RPGs, I guess it would be called, is almost non-existant. I love Inside the Park Baseball, and it is 1. A few years old and 2. A very, very limited and flawed game, in my opinion. The premise of it is just so much fun that I can have a good time playing it despite that. I have a feeling that a golf player RPG game might be even more fun than a baseball player one, even though I like baseball more than golf. I have very high hopes for this game, but the best thing is that I know that I'll almost certainly have a lot of fun with it even if it's mediocre, which I doubt it will be, as long as it is fair (not impossible to win, not too easy to win) and as long as there are plenty of courses to play either in the initial version or user-created.

I've never played any of Gary's games (I'm not a pro basketball fan and I only recently got into college basketball a little) or Shaun's games, but both are very highly praised and I can't wait to play the game.
Ruthian23

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:21 pm

I have a feeling there are going to be plenty of custom courses available because the designer is really easy to use once you get the hang of it. I have also allowed you to be able to change the courses the events are held on at any point in the season so you can start up a season with whatever courses you have and as new ones come out update your season whenever you download more so you dont either have to start new careers or even wait until a season ends to use the newest courses.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Ruthian23 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:34 pm

Gary Gorski wrote: I have also allowed you to be able to change the courses the events are held on at any point in the season so you can start up a season with whatever courses you have and as new ones come out update your season whenever you download more so you dont either have to start new careers or even wait until a season ends to use the newest courses.

That's great news, Gary. I was wondering about that. :)
Ruthian23

Postby Zorro » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:41 am

Gary Gorski wrote: I have also allowed you to be able to change the courses the events are held on at any point in the season so you can start up a season with whatever courses you have and as new ones come out update your season whenever you download more so you dont either have to start new careers or even wait until a season ends to use the newest courses.
That is a great add.{Or plus}...................................Z
Zorro
Elite Member

Return to General Discussions