Wolverine Studios Announces Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball

Discuss anything you like related to Wolverine Studios

Wolverine Studios Announces Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:51 am

Wolverine Studios, a leading developer of computer game sports simulations is proud to announce the first in our upcoming line of professional and collegiate sports management simulations, Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball! DDS: PB is the follow up to the acclaimed pro basketball simulation, Total Pro Basketball 2005 and will mark developer Gary Gorski's third version of a pro basketball sim.

Do you think you have what it takes to guide a franchise to the top of the professional basketball world? DDS: PB lets you totally customize your game world from team names, logos, uniforms and home courts down to the players, coaches and player agents. Even better, you can customize your gaming experience as well. Do you want control over every decision in the organization and the ability to see all player ratings? It is there if you want it or take on the challenge of choosing just the role of coach or general manager and be forced to interact with an AI counterpart who may or may not do things the way you want them done. You can even play with a limited ratings mode so that you have an even more realistic uncertainty about players. For an even greater challenge start yourself off in the developmental league and see if your coaching or managerial skills get you a shot to run a team in the big show.
Some of the brand new features of DDS: Pro Basketball include:

- all new gameplay presentation with improved state of the art 2D engine and same unmatched level of statistical accuracy
- addition of a working developmental league that you can use as a minor league team for your players or choose to be the team you play as
- increased capacity for storing historical player stats
- brand new "Agent Mode" allows you to play as a sports agent rather than a coach or GM
- increased media presence in the game with more news stories
- increased interaction dynamic with owners, general managers, coaches and players
- improved AI management: the most realistic trading AI in a sports game gets even better

DDS: Pro Basketball is scheduled for a 4th quarter release in 2006
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Entity » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:18 am

*CHEERS!*

Will keep these suggestions roling.
Entity

Postby elmwood44 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:18 pm

FANTASTIC news!!!!

I hate to already be bugging you Gary but will DDS:PB give you the ability to expand your league? (fingers crossed for a yes:) )
elmwood44

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:44 pm

Its going to be looked into - there may be an option for manual expansion of leagues but only to the sizes of leagues that are available in the game. I cant promise anything but its at least on the list of things to look at
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby mgsports » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:09 pm

Will the WNBA,overseas and other Legues be include?
Sim 365 days?
Black Monday?
World Basketball Championship?
Realignment?
Add teams to the NBA?
Relocation like in Season Ticket Basketball?
mgsports

Postby Ruthian23 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:06 pm

I'm not a big Pro Basketball fan, so I'm not sure if I'll be buying it, but the Agent Mode is extremely intriguing to me. It sounds like a great idea and a lot of fun. :)
Ruthian23

Postby Big Dummie » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:49 pm

I"m not a Basketball fan at all, but if its Gary's game, credit card is ready.You just can't beat the gaming expierence for the money. Gary, thanks for listining to us gamers. Thanks:)
Big Dummie

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:56 pm

Big Dummie wrote:I"m not a Basketball fan at all, but if its Gary's game, credit card is ready.You just can't beat the gaming expierence for the money. Gary, thanks for listining to us gamers. Thanks:)

Wow - thank you very much. I love hearing things like this (and not just about the credit card) :D
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Rayps23 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:45 pm

would like to know more about the agent mode. i am not a b-ball guy but with the agent mode the game is for me. thats a buy so you have my 24.99 or 34.99 what ever it is. christmas wish for 07 a football game.
Work Hard Play Hardier
GO IRISH
Rayps23

Postby Zorro » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:02 pm

Gary, Will there be a option for a lower schedule? Like 40 games or 30 games? I like to play the games out and 82 games is way to much..............Z
Zorro
Elite Member

Next

Return to General Discussions