The Day the Humans Lost - A Multiplayer Dynasty

The Day the Humans Lost - A Multiplayer Dynasty

Postby zike_42 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:49 am

The Day the Humans Lost

It happened so quickly, that looking back on the event makes time seem stagnant. On June 23rd, 2014 the Entap arrived from all directions to declare war on Earth. Not only did they bombard the planet from space with technology that far outperformed the humans, the Entap also broke through the surface and decimated thousands from underground. Espionage was also a forte, with most if not all political leaders and trusted advisors being absorbed into the attack through their clever ways so effective it could be called mind control. Hundreds of thousands of humans were wiped from the Earth in the brutal attack and even though there was a massive fight back from the native population, it was not sustainable and swiftly cracked and in a matter of weeks the human race was enslaved.

What made the attack even more surprising is that the Entap are not intimidating creatures, standing only 5’5”(165cm) and weigh only 140lbs (63kg). On their own, an Entap is weak and helpless with no athletic capabilities whatsoever but their brains, cunning and sheer weight of numbers overcome those weaknesses in spades.

The Entap assimilated into our society, taking our basic lives and interests, practically taking over human existence. They would assume human type names, live in the humans’ houses and go about like humans would in a normal, everyday life. The humans however, were not so lucky. Living in camps they were free to survive until the age of 18 years old where each human would have one of two fates: either be killed and used for food for the Entap or forced into the mines to search for materials for their enslavers. Fortunately for some older humans, they were able to continue their chosen profession if the Entap allowed it. This included some sports, like basketball.

What was most surprising is that the Entap wanted to be included in these chosen professions, so some became firefighters, police, teachers and basketball players even though their physiques were severely unsuitable for the practice. When it was said that they wanted to be included, they meant that they were the only ones to be included. That means that in every NBA draft, there would only be Entap players. The already employed humans would remain in their jobs but only Entap could be enlisted. The end of civilisation, and more importantly the NBA is nigh.

So what I’m going to do is simulate every year with no influence on my part and report the results. However, I’ve doctored the draft class to be 100% full of the worst players that I can make to see and continue to input that draft class year after year to see what kind of chaos this creates. Seriously, they’re all tiny, useless players who couldn’t get a game at the local over 45’s league. My excuse for this is that the Entap have arrived and are the only ones that can be selected in the draft and over time the original players will retire and all that will be left is Entap.

I blatantly stole the idea of NBA Y2K which used NBA 2K14 to simulate the results (and an amazing read, google it right now if you haven’t read it) but I think that the DDS:PB games are better at simulating basketball than the 2K games so hopefully this will be better. Hopefully.

You’re probably wondering why it has been called a “multiplayer dynasty” as they don’t really exist. Well, I’m hoping that you guys will add stories to the dynasty to flesh out the league and the world around it. It could be a write up about how the Entap have morphed the world, to how the NBA is going or even one player’s career I don’t mind. It doesn’t have to be an essay either, I’d be glad with a fake twitter account or a small blurb about what’s going on. It’s optional of course, as I’ll be doing a season by season recap anyway but the more writers the better. And don’t worry, I’m not writer so don’t be discouraged if you don’t think you are any good. Who knows, you might get bitten and want to do your own dynasty.

I’m not sure it’ll work but I’m going to try and export my whole league’s HTML files into a zip file and attach it to each season so everyone can have plenty of stats and information about the league to flesh it out a little. So if someone wanted to follow a specific Entap’s career they will have their information instead of going off my writings.

I’ve never done anything like this so it could crash and burn but hopefully it gets some traction and we can all share in this dynasty. I seemed to get a positive response when I added forum members to my PB3 dynasty so I’m just going off that. I’ll be using the @WSSportsNetwork twitter handle to inform you of when I’ve updated the dynasty. I’ll be aiming for a weekly update post for a single season to give myself time to do a good job and to (hopefully) give you guys a chance to write your piece in time. I’m aiming for a Thursday after work post schedule my time (Australian Eastern Standard Time (yes, I’m Australian)) so it’ll update mid to late Wednesday night for Americans.

Any questions feel free to ask here and I'll get back as soon as I can.

Good luck and good writing!
New PB4 dynasty, and it's multiplayer!
http://www.wolverinestudios.com/forum/s ... hp?t=20116
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby PointGuard » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:34 pm

Cedric Johnson, star center for the Arizona Wildcats last season, finishes practice, showers and heads back to his small spartan room in the new desert camp created by the bastard Entap.

Practice was hell today and really, for what? No more college ball, but for some reason playing ball had served to keep him (and the others who play for the amusement of the Entap) alive or out of the mines. He continually wishes he'd followed the advice of many who told him at the end of the Wildcats successful NCAA tournament run last season (and a freshman season during which he'd averaged 21 ppg and 11 rpg) that he should declare for the draft. He'd nearly done so. But as the first in his family to attend college, he'd known his mother would be crest fallen if he'd left college after just one year. So he remained at 'Zona. And then the Entap had come.

Damn, right now he'd be rolling in money and have a luxury house instead of barely existing in a small room with no conveniences. The NBA players are still playing pro ball and living well. Contemplating what could have been: Yes!..the money, the house, the car, the women...they could have all been his.

Coming around a corner, he was startled out of his reverie by the appearance of 5 short creatures. Entap! The enemy. They each held up a hand indicating for him to stop. Then one stepped forward and stood right in front of Cedric. Cedric bent his head down to look at the ugly face nearly a foot-and-a-half beneath his. The Entap simply said, "We've selected you to show us how to play basketball." Cedric looked quizzically at him and then replied, "Hey, I got things to do. I don't have time to be showing a bunch of shrimps how to play round ball." A sardonic smile came over the Entap's face, "It wasn't a question or a request, earth boy. It is your new purpose in life. That is, if you wish to live."
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Chris » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:06 pm

Looking forward to following!
Stay up to date on sports management games, General Manager (GM) Games - http://gmgames.org
Chris

Postby zike_42 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:17 am

2014-2015

With the world well and truly in the grasp of the Entap, it’s surreal to see that the NBA is going about its business like nothing ever happened. The invaders were too late to be a part of the league properly, so this is the final year before the flood of small, useless players. The humans have started calling the Entap, “Leps”, as in short for “Leprechauns”. It’s not much but when your civilisation has been overthrown, it’s something. It’s also easier to remember than “nuit la plus sombre” which is what the French call the first night when the Entap arrived. It means, “Darkest night”.

The season went about like clockwork as the good teams were good and the bad teams were bad. Cleveland and their off season acquisition Lebron James won early and often, taking out the Eastern Conference with a record of 64-18 with Chicago right behind them at 60-22. However, like previous years this was all about the West who had six teams with at least 57 wins which is crazy tight at the top. The LA Clippers were the best of the conference at 66-16 but the ageless Spurs (62-20) and the youthful Thunder (60-22) were also in the 60 win range. At the other end of the spectrum, the Utah Jazz had the worst record in the league at 17-65 and will have the best odds at picking the first ever Entap player.

None of those teams took out the title, with #6 Portland beating the odds and the Cavaliers to win their first championship since 1976 in six games. They won with their balanced offense led by Damian Lillard and LaMarcus Aldridge with five Blazers averaging at least 12.7 points in the post season.

Onto the players, Kevin Durant was by a far the best scorer in the business with an average of 32.8 points a game, nearly five more than his nearest competitor, Carmelo Anthony. Chris Paul was the only player to average double digit assists with 11.7 while Andre Drummond led the league in rebounding with 12.1 boards a game. This season was all about Anthony Davis, who at 21 years old, showed the world that he definitely up there with Lebron James and Kevin Durant as the best players in the world. He averaged 22.0 points (6th in league), 11.0 rebounds (4th), 2.8 blocks (1st) and 2.4 steals (1st) per game, all the while shooting 50.7% from the field and 78.3% from the line. That’s right, a 6’10” PF led the league in both blocks and steals. The biggest surprise was Draymon Green who obviously practices only free throws because out of the 238 shots he took from the stripe, he hit 235 for a FT% of 98.7%. That’s insane, especially when he shot only 66.7% last season.

There’s a real sadness around the basketball world as this is the last ever regular, regular season with the Leps arriving next year to ruin the tradition of a once proud culture. Take it while you can guys, because this is the best we’ll ever get.

NBA Champions – Portland defeated Cleveland 4-2

Most Valuable Player – Steph Curry, Golden State Warriors – 25.8 points, 8.4 assists, 4.3 rebounds, 1.3 steals, 0.1 blocks

Defensive Player of the Year – Anthony Davis, New Orleans Pelicans – 22.0 points, 2.2 assists, 11.0 rebounds, 2.4 steals, 2.8 blocks

Sixth Man of the Year – Reggie Jackson, Oklahoma City Thunder – 13.2 points, 4.6 assists, 4.8 rebounds, 0.5 steals, 0.1 blocks

Rookie of the Year – Nerlens Noel, Philadelphia 76ers – 14.1 points, 1.4 assists, 7.7 rebounds, 1.5 steals, 1.2 blocks

Coach of the Year – Doc Rivers, Los Angeles Clippers – 66-16 (.805)

All NBA First Team –
Steph Curry, Golden State Warriors
James Harden, Houston Rockets
Lebron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
Anthony Davis, New Orleans Pelicans
DeMarcus Cousins, Sacramento Kings

Number of Entap (Percentage) – 0 (0%)

Notable Retirees – Steve Nash, Andre Miller, Elton Brand, Jermaine O’Neal, Ray Allen

Hall of Fame Inductees – Steve Nash

Notable Trades – PG Mike Conley (MEM) for PF Tristan Thompson (CLE)
SF Shawn Marion, SF James Jones, C Brendan Haywood (CLE) for SG Monta Ellis (DAL)
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby PointGuard » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:28 pm

Cedric Johnson:

"Damn, I hate this. I feel like a collaborator with the enemy. But what can I do? They've not only made threats against me, but against the others in this camp. And the threats they've made could certainly be carried out.

The only good thing is that I'm on a basketball court rather than in any of the other horrible slave jobs they have here. And I'm coaching "players". Well, players is not entirely accurate. I'm coaching a bunch of incredibly short creatures with absolutely no basketball aptitude or talent. Are they picking things up? Well, yeah, but they started from such a low level and have so little physical ability. These guys have such an incredible ego, though...they think they will be able to compete with NBA players. Like hell they will."
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby brodysanford » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:51 am

You never cease to entertain me. Such an interesting idea for a dynasty. Can't wait to see it play out.
brodysanford

Postby zike_42 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:59 pm

brodysanford wrote:You never cease to entertain me. Such an interesting idea for a dynasty. Can't wait to see it play out.

Thanks for the kind words, hopefully it takes off.
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:05 am

Philadelphia 76ers @Sixers . 40m
What's the point of landing the number one pick when everyone gets the same player? #nba #leps #sixers
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:08 am

2015-2016

Philadelphia takes SF Rodney Norwood with the first pick of the draft to select the first ever Entap in the NBA. It’s a dark day for the league and is the start of the descent into woefulness. There were a few rumours going around as to why the Sixers took Norwood as opposed to the other Entap players as they are all the same. One was that because Norwood ‘went’ to South Carolina there was a connection there somewhere, or maybe GM Sam Hinikie just likes the name Rodney. It doesn’t really matter in the end I guess. PF TJ Clark went to Detroit and PF Marlon Daniels is headed to Milwaukee in the worse top three in a draft of all time. Well, maybe until next season.

There’s usually some good trades at draft day but I guess everyone was so distraught at the thought of actually paying Entap guaranteed contracts they forgot to trade people as Orlando was the only team to have a go. They gave up on Aaron Gordon after only one season by trading him for Harrison Barnes while replacing him with trouble maker in the making Josh Smith for Evan Fournier. That’s it.

The summer league is a horrifying example of how bad these Entap players will be as they don’t have the older, human players to cover up their huge weaknesses. In the first game, Boston played Indiana and it was completely one sided. While Boston had guys like Kelly Olynyk, Tyler Zeller and Arnette Moultrie, the Pacers did not have the luxury of having size. They did have Entap players like Xavier Gibson, Ron Burton, Hayletts Tracy, Rasheed Richardson, Dar Tucker and Felipe Simon who combined to shoot 5/47 or 10.6%. Crazy right? I’m surprised that they hit five shots. Ron Burton even grabbed ten rebounds. Not because he was going for them, but because he’s been classed as a centre and they fell to him when the opposition was back in defence. Denver was worse, going 24% for only 54 points against Houston.

Some big signings in free agency as teams are desperate to lock in talent for as long as they can. Boston nabs Kawhi Leonard and Kemba Walker for four years, Toronto signs Tobias Harris, and Minnesota sends a one year deal to Tony Parker. Another point guard changes teams as Rajon Rondo goes to Memphis while San Antonio picks up the pieces with Jimmy Butler and Klay Thompson. Paul Millsap goes to Detroit to replace Greg Monroe who went to Sacramento while Dallas gets Marc Gasol and Philly shunts #1 pick Rodney Norwood to the end of the bench with Rudy Gay coming aboard. What a crazy off season as many teams can see the writing on the wall.

At the All Star weekend, this is what happens when you put a team full of Entap against a team full of second year human players –

Oh dear.

[OOC – I apologise for Dario Saric fans as I just did a blanket overwrite of all rookie players to Entap characteristics which is why he’s horrible. I didn’t realise until after I did it so just pretend he’s Entap.]

Onto the season, if I told you that Russell Westbrook averaged only 16 points on 39.7% from the field that the Thunder would be pretty average, right? WRONG! With Kevin Durant averaging 30 points and 9 rebounds they now have the best record in the history of the game at 74-8 on their way to winning the title. Just like Portland last season, the Thunder had five players in double digit scoring as well as great defensive big men in Steven Adams and Mitch McGary. Chicago on the other hand just snuck into the playoffs as an eight seed before lighting up everyone that came past them to make it to the NBA Finals. They obviously got stomped 4-1 against OKC but it was an exciting run. Atlanta were the worst team in the league now that Paul Millsap left for Detroit at 13-69 and will have the best chance of picking their favourite Entap. Yay.

The biggest trade of the season wasn’t that exciting with Orlando being fed up with Josh Smith already, offloading him to Indiana with Roy Hibbert going to the Magic. Jeff Teague was stolen by the Knicks for a handful of nothing which got the usually ridiculed Knicks to a 50 win season.

Speaking of Entap, there were surprisingly ten of those runts who played at least 9.5 minutes a game which is worrying. Livio Jean-Charles of the Spurs played all of 16.3 minutes a game, which is serious bench production! He averaged all of 2.2 points and 2.6 rebounds a game on 21.6% shooting, missing all fourteen three point attempts. He also had 49 turnovers, and compare that with only 78 points total scored he didn’t hold onto the ball very well. He had an efficiency rating of 0.2.

In the world outside the NBA, the league is being viewed in two polar opposite camps. On one side, there are people who idolise the NBA players not for their skills but for their ability to get out from under the Entap rule and continue doing what they love. The players don’t have to work in the mines or live in a shack or worry about their survival, they just play ball. The other side of the equation is that there are plenty of people in camps angry that the NBA players don’t have to scrap and beg and humiliate themselves to continue living. They should be in the forced camps with the rest of humanity, not living it up without a care in the world.

There’s trouble brewing inside humanity, and people from some pockets of the world believe that this could be a part of the Entap plan, to make humans fight each other to lessen the threat of their interstellar conquerors. We’ll just have to sit back and wait to see what spark will ignite the powder keg.

NBA Champions – Oklahoma City defeated Chicago 4-1

Most Valuable Player – Anthony Davis, New Orleans Pelicans – 24.1 points, 2.0 assists, 12.0 rebounds, 2.2 steals, 2.5 blocks

Defensive Player of the Year – Anthony Davis, New Orleans Pelicans

Sixth Man of the Year – Monta Ellis, Milwaukee Bucks – 17.2 points, 3.7 assists, 3.9 rebounds, 1.3 steals, 0.1 blocks

Rookie of the Year – Eddie Smith, Minnesota Timberwolves – 1.4 points, 0.4 assists, 1.8 rebounds, 0.1 steals, 0.0 blocks

Coach of the Year – Steve Kerr, Golden State Warriors – 59-23 (.720)

All NBA First Team –
Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
James Harden, Houston Rockets
Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
Anthony Davis, New Orleans Pelicans
Andre Drummond, Detroit Pistons

League High Points – Kevin Durant (OKC) – 29.7
League High Assists – Chris Paul (LAC) – 10.9
League High Rebounds – Andre Drummond (DET) – 13.6
League High Blocks – Anthony Davis (NOH) – 2.5
League High Steals – Victor Oladipo (ORL) – 2.3
League High Turnovers – James Harden (HOU) – 3.8
League High Efficiency – Anthony Davis (NOH) – 31.4
League High PER – Stephen Curry (GSW) – 30.2
League Low Efficiency – Landon Barnes (CLE) – -1.2
League Low PER – Landon Barnes (CLE) – -10.7

Number of Entap (Percentage) – 38 (9.4%)
Notable Retirees – Andrei Kirilenko, Manu Ginobili, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett
Hall of Fame Inductees – Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett

Here is the HTML files if anyone wants them for the season (2015-2016)
http://www.filedropper.com/2015-2016
zike_42
Elite Member

Postby zike_42 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:52 pm

I'm sorry about the late post, my power was out for most of yesterday so I couldn't update. I'll put up the next season when I get home from work today.
zike_42
Elite Member

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 4 Dynasty Reports