Sim Related Questions

Sim Related Questions

Postby kylekez » Fri May 12, 2017 10:27 pm

I've got some questions relating to the sim engine.
1.) What exactly does endurance do? If I have endurance off, does endurance become useless?

2.) Is there a place to see exactly how each attribute impacts each position? Which attributes are most important for each position?

3.) How does player size effect the sims? Does a bigger OLineman block better than a smaller one? Does a 5'7 TE play exactly the same as a 6'7 one?

Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!
kylekez

Re: Sim Related Questions

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon May 15, 2017 9:30 am

1: endurance affects how many plays they can play before being pulled for backups.
2:

PLAYER RATINGS
• Strength - Key attribute for making tackles, breaking tackles, holding blocks and breaking through blocks
• Agility - Key attribute for avoiding other players whether you're chasing them or running from them
• Arm - QB key Attribute for getting a ball to a receiver. Higher Arm means more completions.
• Intelligence - Key attribute for ball awareness. QB's need high INT to avoid interceptions. DB's need high INT to make interceptions.
• Accuracy - QB accuracy with his throws. Increases completion pct and lowers interception rate.
• Tackling - Defensive attribute for bringing down a ball carrier.
• Speed - Key attribute for ALL players. Most important attribute for gaining yards and for chasing down ball carriers.
• Hands - Key attribute for making catches, making blocks, and making interceptions.
• Pass Blocking - Attribute to make successful pass blocks.
• Run Blocking - Attribute to make successful run blocks.
• Endurance - Key attribute for all players. Higher endurance players can stay on the field longer.
• Kick Distance - For kickers this affects FG pct at longer distances. For Punters this affects punt distance.
• Kick Accuracy - For kickers this affects FG pct. For Punters this affects killing the ball inside the 20.
• Overall - In Relative mode if a player is the best of his position he'll be rated towards 100. If he's just in the middle he'll be 50. If he's among the worst he'll be at the bottom. In Absolute mode this rating is an overall rating regardless of their peers.
General Notes: Speed kills. This is the most important attribute in my opinion since if you can't get a hold of someone it doesn't matter what your other attributes are.
PLAYER PERSONALITIES
• Leadership – Allows player to improve the team’s morale. Motivates players to play better.
• Work Ethic – How hard the player works in the offseason to improve.
• Competitiveness – How hard the player plays during the game. Affects morale when winning or losing.
• Team Player – Plays to win and less for accolades.
• Sportsmanship – Players attitude towards the other team. Affects penalties.
• Disposition – Temperament of the player, good locker room influencer, also affects penalties.
• Values Money – How much the player values money in contract negotiations.
• Values Security – How much the player values long term contracts and security in negotiations.
• Values Loyalty – How much the team values their current team in negotiations.
• Values Winning – How much the player values a winning atmosphere.
• Values Playing Time – How much the player values more playing time.
• Values Close to Home – How much the player values being close to their home town. (Not currently implemented.)
• Values Market Size – How much the player values larger market sizes. (Not currently implemented.)
• Morale – Affects player temperament and performance. Signing contracts, winning games, winning awards all improve morale. Losing or getting injured can detract from morale. If morale gets low enough the player is more likely to retire.

3: Height and weight affect blocking, being blocked, catching, tackling, etc.
brooks_piggott

Postby kylekez » Mon May 15, 2017 4:32 pm

Thanks so much!!!
kylekez

Postby TheRivals40 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:28 pm

Here's my opinion...just my opinion:
kylekez wrote:I've got some questions relating to the sim engine.
1.) What exactly does endurance do? If I have endurance off, does endurance become useless?

It doesn't seem to matter very much, except maybe for RBs. If you have strong backups you shouldn't have to worry.
2.) Is there a place to see exactly how each attribute impacts each position? Which attributes are most important for each position?
Not everyone agrees on this at all, but in my experience:
QB-ARM, AGI, ACC (all the same)
RB-SPD (Most important), AGI, STR, HND (If you choose plays that throw to RBs)
FB-Put an RB here
TE-Put a WR here
WR-HND, SPD, AGI (SPD and HND matter the most)
OL-STR, PBK, RBK, SPD, AGI (more STR for inside lineman, more AGI for outside linemen
DT-STR, SPD, TCK
DE-STR, SPD, TCK and AGI(last 2 not that important)
LB-SPD, AGI, TCK and STR (last 2 mainly for blitzers but still important)
CB-SPD, AGI, (maybe)INT
SS-SPD, AGI, TCK, (maybe)INT
K/P Obviously KA and KD

3.) How does player size effect the sims? Does a bigger OLineman block better than a smaller one? Does a 5'7 TE play exactly the same as a 6'7 one?
Most people would say that the only thing size effects are D-Lineman. A 190-lb linebacker can suffice and the same goes for small OLs and receivers.
Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!

I'm not that great at MP mode but this is just from my experience.
NOppenheimer
TheRivals40

Postby TheRivals40 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:29 pm

Also, this doesn't apply to the college game.
NOppenheimer
TheRivals40

Postby Tigerman » Tue May 16, 2017 4:45 pm

For FB and TE you need to also include Run Blocking, Run Blocking and Strength.
Tigerman

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2016 General Discussion