DDS:PF 2016 Version 1.0.6 Available 2/3/17

Re: DDS:PF 2016 6th Update

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:33 pm

Download and install either the college or pro basketball game demos from wolverine. Sometimes the license engine gets corrupted and installing one of those other games seems to fix it.
brooks_piggott

Postby regenerator » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:18 pm

I thought I should reply to my last message bc looking back it sounds terribly pessimistic and overly critical.

It's really a case of "THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING THIS GAME AND TRYING TO PICK UP WHERE OUR LONG AGO LOST FRIEND "FRONT PAGE SPORTS FOOTBALL" LEFT OFF! - There were certainly years where many of us realistic Football simmers thought it's like would never be seen again. But now, we have this, and it's not to be taken for granted

Thats the main gist of my post. However, now they we are doing this and we've been patient, it's hard not to feel some frustration as it seems as though a few basic changes would come close to completing the game, or at least get rid of the glaring errors that take you out of the game whilst playing. I mean, can't we still not perform an onside kick??

Of course, this is highly selfish - I know you have very limited:
1) Time
2) Trying to please everyone is a damn near impossible task
3) There are plenty of challenges in even a simple change, and I'm sure I have no idea. I have done software development for a living, but obviously nothing like this, with SO MANY variables. So I need to not be presumptuous. Maybe inserting onside kicks or better 2-minute AI is much more difficult than it sounds. I give you guys the benefit of the doubt.

Finally, I appreciate the work already put into this product, I would guess work in the thousands of hours by now. So, I apologize and have faith one day we'll get there. It's easy to get antsy after (What's it been, like 4 years?), but this is a project that has a long-term way of thinking, and I too am in it for the long haul.

Thanks
regenerator

Postby AKH » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:04 am

thx regenerator.

Rest assured that in the continued development of this series we will keep making the game better and include as much of the community feedback as is feasible.

Be sure to give the college game a whirl to get an idea of some features that might make their way into the progame.
AKH

Postby regenerator » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:27 am

Thanks for the response AKH, and now I am intrigued - does the College Football game have more features that we need in the Pro game (excluding the things that relate to College Football vs. Pro Football, recruiting, etc, which I don't want to deal with)??

If so, can I ignore the recruiting and such that is specific to CF and basically make a league "Pro" with the additional features? Hopefully my query makes sense.

Thanks!
regenerator

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:40 am

I think he's referring to features like being able to call your own plays and play out a game, updated formations and AI play logic, etc.
brooks_piggott

Postby regenerator » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:41 pm

Oh cool I didn't know that was available in your College Football game. Is there a way to skip the Collegiate part and basically run a Pro League out of the Wolverine College Football game?
regenerator

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:50 pm

No, the scheduling and league structures are different.
brooks_piggott

Postby regenerator » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:33 pm

Okay so I'm assuming there must be more support for the College game. I wonder why that is. Is there any sort of estimate as to when the PF game will match up with it's College counterpart?
regenerator

Postby regenerator » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:49 pm

Is the College game so far ahead of the Pro game bc Wolverine Studios developed the CF game from scratch whereas the Pro game was adopted from PFS?
regenerator

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:57 pm

No, pro game evolved from PFS, college game evolved from pro game, now we have to port over some changes we made in college to the pro game plus add in whatever features we want to make to pro.
brooks_piggott

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2016 General Discussion