System out of memory

System out of memory

Postby tyronethecalzone » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:51 am

It keeps happening and its getting ridiculous. I cannot continue my leagues.
http://imgur.com/a/UMwCg
Dynasties:
Kentucky the lost team in the SEC
tyronethecalzone

Re: System out of memory

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:35 pm

This error is normally because the game can't serialize the database... most of the time I've seen it due to recursion, but after re-loading the league or rolling back to a .bak file it clears itself up.

We may be able to try and debug if you get it to happen every time you save. Please post the .bin file to https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnHBGALZN-MFgw5WdYhY-W2AeCW6
brooks_piggott

Postby tyronethecalzone » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:02 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:This error is normally because the game can't serialize the database... most of the time I've seen it due to recursion, but after re-loading the league or rolling back to a .bak file it clears itself up.

We may be able to try and debug if you get it to happen every time you save. Please post the .bin file to https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnHBGALZN-MFgw5WdYhY-W2AeCW6

Uploaded(NFLsim),however I had a 50 year custom league to that did the same thing,Ive deleted it since but its diffidently a recurring issue.
Dynasties:
tyronethecalzone

Postby tyronethecalzone » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:33 pm

Any luck?
Dynasties:
tyronethecalzone

Postby Krydd » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:24 am

I am having the same problem. Its happening every single time and it really sucks!!

I now noticed that in the saves that crash the .bin file is missing and there is a .buf file instead, if that's any help.

This is what i get after around three seasons http://imgur.com/a/CVJOF
Krydd

Postby Krydd » Wed May 03, 2017 12:07 pm

Still nobody that can help? or maybe tell me a way to go around this problem. I really want to play the game but it sucks that i only can play a couple of seasons before it crashes :(
Krydd

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed May 03, 2017 3:48 pm

Typically saving at the beginning of seasons works, but the further you go in a season it could be generating enough data to cause issues. The only workaround would be to try and play without saving until you get back to a season beginning.
brooks_piggott

Postby Krydd » Thu May 04, 2017 8:48 am

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Typically saving at the beginning of seasons works, but the further you go in a season it could be generating enough data to cause issues. The only workaround would be to try and play without saving until you get back to a season beginning.

Thanks! Is this a problem that hapends for everyone or what is it that causes it to happen for me? I find it hard to believe that you are selling a game that crashes when saving randomly.
Krydd

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu May 04, 2017 9:03 am

I know it happens intermittently to some folks, but I haven't found a pattern on why. The theory is that it's related to the number of games and game data in memory when trying to save. I've only ever had it happen in the later weeks of the season, but even then it doesn't always occur. It could also be a combination of operating system, disk speed, ram, etc. that causes it which would be nearly impossible to solve for.

If you ever get to a point where it crashes every time you save, even after you rollback to a .bak file, please let me know as I can use that to test with.
brooks_piggott

Postby Krydd » Fri May 05, 2017 2:38 am

How do i even rollback to a .bak file?
Krydd

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2016 General Discussion