Endzone Graphics?

Endzone Graphics?

Postby Grim.Reaper » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:12 pm

Just curious if there are any real life endzone graphics available for this game yet? Wasn't sure if maybe past PFS players possibly created some.

Thanks!
Grim.Reaper

Re: Endzone Graphics?

Postby gbmoore » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:15 pm

I've got some. PM me. Not perfect, but get the job done.
gbmoore

Postby Grim.Reaper » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:31 pm

gbmoore wrote:I've got some. PM me. Not perfect, but get the job done.

Thank you, will send you PM.
Grim.Reaper

Postby gbmoore » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:59 am

Got it. I have a few I always wanted to fix up. It's why I never released them in the first place. I'll forward to you tomorrow.

gbmoore

Postby Grim.Reaper » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:28 am

Those look nice, I appreciate you sharing......

I do wish there was an easier way to implement logos/endzone graphics....hate having to go to each individual team to setup for each season. I guess I could put these in the default folder so they are used for every game, but seems like they use some generic number to identify the teams. Do you know if those numbers are always the same for every team in every season, or do they change?
Grim.Reaper

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:10 pm

The numbers for the teams match what is in Teams.xml. They do change a bit across different league setups but once set they shouldn't change.

You can also mod the teams.xml file and update the names of the file there so you wouldn't need them to match on number.

I would not recommend updating the program files copy of the graphics since that will get overwritten each time you install a patch or new version of the game.
brooks_piggott

Postby mmartin68 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:41 pm

could I get those too? they look nice
mmartin68

Postby gbmoore » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:43 pm

Thanks and yes. I am just swapping out some of the one's that aren't quite right. I'll get it done tonight or tomorrow.
gbmoore

Postby Grim.Reaper » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:47 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:The numbers for the teams match what is in Teams.xml. They do change a bit across different league setups but once set they shouldn't change.

You can also mod the teams.xml file and update the names of the file there so you wouldn't need them to match on number.

I would not recommend updating the program files copy of the graphics since that will get overwritten each time you install a patch or new version of the game.

Thanks for the tips....I'll give them a try.
Grim.Reaper

Postby seanstephans » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:24 pm

I created an entire set of logos using the artwork found here:

http://www.sportslogos.net/teams/list_b ... NFL/logos/

I think I have uploaded the file here:

http://www.filedropper.com/nfllogos

Having said that, I took some creative license and used "retro" or "alternate" logos for the small logo for each team. Basically, there are four logos that have to be modified:

The team helmet
The team midfield logo
The team small logo
The team end zone logo.

I accomplished this through resizing all of the borrowed logos (from the aforementioned website) in Paint. This has distorted some of the midfield logos (though still recognizable) and made the small logos difficult to recognize if you don't know what you're looking at. Still, I have found the addition of these logos to increase the realism for this game. Finally, you can simply copy these logos into the the following path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolverine Studios\Draft Day Sports - Pro Football 2016\Data\images\logos

I would encourage you to also use the teams.xml mod found on this forum to give your game another level of realism!
seanstephans

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2016 Mods