The Steel City

The Steel City

Postby tyronethecalzone » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:36 pm

I'm going to be starting a Pittsburgh Steelers Dynasty.With the story being behind Head Coach Tyrone Mathews. Who started his coaching career at FCS college Florida A&M as Offensive coordinator his coaching after 3 years there was (20-16). After that he decided to take up yet another offensive coordinator job but this time at a much larger level. The NFL. He took a job as the Jacksonville Jaguar offensive coordinator from 2011-2014 for 4 seasons total posting a (14-50) record not good.But the Pittsburgh steelers were not happy with Tomlins recent performance despite having a great offense they fired him.And Tyrone Mathews took the job as head coach his first head coaching job.

-also during this whole dynasty if you guys have any suggestions on what i should do with the team let me know!
Dynasties:
Kentucky the lost team in the SEC
tyronethecalzone

Introduction

Postby tyronethecalzone » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:41 pm

And so we begin
Last edited by tyronethecalzone on Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dynasties:
tyronethecalzone

Re: The Steel City

Postby Grim.Reaper » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:13 am

What happened to the dynasty? Was looking forward to reading the Steelers dominate the world:)
Grim.Reaper

Postby Templer » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:29 am

Grim.Reaper wrote:... the Steelers dominate the world:)

Forget it! ;)
Follow WWPF Football on WWPF insider: https://twitter.com/WWPFInsider
Templer

Postby tyronethecalzone » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:41 pm

Its coming soon sorry about the wait guys,im testing stuff out i just gotta add the logos and names im starting it up this week
Dynasties:
tyronethecalzone

Postby tyronethecalzone » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:41 pm

And they will be dominating :)
Dynasties:
tyronethecalzone

The Offense

Postby tyronethecalzone » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:44 pm

Offense Type:Vertical~Long Throws,Big plays-------Primary Back-------Balanced-Slow Tempo
Offense Grades:
QB(B+)~We have Big Ben Roethlisberger coming off one of the best years of his career i have high hopes for him this year but he is diffidently getting up in age(33),The only thing that worrys me in this qb group is that lack of a future qb to develop at the moment(The failure of the suppose-to-be future qb Laundry Jones was unfortunate) but i think we will be solid in this group
Backfield(RB/FB)(A)~ We have L'veon bell one of the best if not the best RB in the league but not only that,we have an incredible backup in D'angelo Williams,our FB is very average but we have good enough RB's to make up for it
Receivers(WR/TE)(B-)~Even though we have Antonio Brown one of the most explosive receiver in the league we are deep in our receiving core but very average,The thing that worry's me is our TE's Heath is getting up in age and so is our backup Spaeth,So if Jesse James doesn't break out we may be in trouble at that position.
OLine(T,G,C)(C)~The weakness of our offense,Our line is average at best,We are especially lacking at C,hopefully they hold up for Ben and Bell or it may be a bad season for our offense.

Overall(B)~Im middle of the road on what i think of this offense,it is mostly going to depend on Ben,Brown,and Bell to be successful if they all have great seasons and our OL holds up i think we will be a solid team
Last edited by tyronethecalzone on Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dynasties:
tyronethecalzone

The Defense

Postby tyronethecalzone » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:47 pm

Defense type:3-4---------Lots of Blitzing(Blitzburgh)
Defense Grades-
DLine(DT,DE)(D)-this will be common throughout my grading of our defense,A BAD GRADE,we are lacking on all parts especially DT we will need to pick someone up in FA for any hope of stopping the run or getting a rush from our DL
Linebackers(MLB,OLB)(C)-We are very average throughout but that's better than being bad throughout,im hoping our 1st round pick Bud Dupree does good for us as he will be starting on most formations week 1
Secondary(FS,SS,CB)(C-)-this area needs some work we have a few AVERAGE players on here but we need somebody to step up if not,its going to be a bad season overall for our Defense

Overall(D+)-Unless we have a few surprises over our defense its going to be a bad season for this area so lets hope we have some dark horses breakout as our Defense isn't even half as good as our Offense
Last edited by tyronethecalzone on Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dynasties:
tyronethecalzone

Free Agency

Postby tyronethecalzone » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:53 pm

Our Post-Draft Free Agency was great. Simply
We started out by cutting QB Laundry Jones to give a rookie QB a chance. Our signings went as follows
-Andre Fluellen DT 2 years
-Brian De la Puente C 3 years(will be our new starter in the weakest position on our OL,it is strong now)
-Barry Coefield DT 2 years (Will start DT for us)
-Bernard Pollard SS 3 years (He will be backup but most likely take the starting spot from Shamarko Thomas after the preseason)
-Cody Fajardo(R) QB 3 years (He will have a chance to make the roster,but most likely will end up on the practice squad)
-Ray Mcdonald DE 2 years (will start either LE or RE for us i wanted a decently fast DE)

So overall our Free agency went great next up is pre season 4 weeks of it (i will post the preseason as a whole in one post) also summarizing the starters
Last edited by tyronethecalzone on Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dynasties:
tyronethecalzone

Preseason Games

Postby tyronethecalzone » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:37 pm

We played all back ups starters were either 3rd string or not on the roster(Ben,Bell,Brown were all off) besides OL and a couple positions i also turned off injuries because its preseason also i kept the same strategy throughout the preseason as I am going to use in the regular season and depth charts did not change at all in the preaseason
Week 1-Lost 17-27 vs Falcons
-Cody Fajardo had a good game
-Running Backs were disappointing
-Receivers were decent
-Ray Mcdonald impressed
-Pollard was disappointing
Week 2-Win 26-3 vs Giants
-Cody Fajardo had another good game
-Running game was week again Williams is disappointing
-receivers had another solid game
-4 sacks
-Defense Dominated
-Dupree impressed
-Pollard did nothing
Week 3-Lost 40-10 vs Seahawks
-Fajardo threw 3 picks not good
-Running game is still bad
-Williams is finding himself on thin ice
-Josh Harris is doing good though
-Average game for receivers
-Wasnt tottaly defenses fault for points they didnt do great though
-However Dupree impressed and all the Linebackers
-Mitchell also had a solid game
-Pollard again did nothing
Week 4-Lost 21-7 vs Chiefs
-another bad game by Fajardo threw a pick and bad passer rating
-Williams may find himself on the practice squad
-Josh Harris having another solid game
-Another average game for recievers
-Great game by DL
-Dupree did nothing
-Pollard yet again did nothing
Last edited by tyronethecalzone on Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dynasties:
tyronethecalzone

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2016 Dynasty Reports