Bloomington's Real World Mod - includes real world coaches

Re: Bloomington's Real World Mod

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:23 pm

Thanks! Looks good so far...
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby brosgood » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:29 pm

This mod looks great! However, I have one request. Do you think you can update the logo for Liberty Flames. Since February 2012, this has been their primary logo http://www.liberty.edu/templates/libertyflames/images/libertyflames-logo.png. I am not sure how hard this change can be but I just noticed it and wanted to pass it on.
brosgood

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:36 pm

Not sure if this is an issue with the game itself or with the historical standings...but all total winning percents seem off.

slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:36 pm

bloom, is it necessary top redo the NCAA logo and Ohio Valley tourney fix for every new association?
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby bloomington » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:40 pm

slybelle1 wrote:Not sure if this is an issue with the game itself or with the historical standings...but all total winning percents seem off.

That's a formatting issue. You will find that as u play the game, the standings will calculate correctly from 2015. Perhaps Gary will be able to fix this to calculate correctly.
bloomington

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:43 pm

Ok, thanks....couple of other quick questions.

1) This is stated "Also contains hall of fame coaches with 600 wins or more and if you click on their card u will get a breakdown of their annual win-loss record and postseason play"...where would you go to see this? I went to the almanac and couldn't see it.

2) I know you plan to release real coach strategies...will that be a separate mod? I prefer to primarily use mods for logos and such without changing coaches/players....so was just hoping they would be separate, but I understand if that is difficult to do.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:00 pm

slybelle1 wrote:Ok, thanks....couple of other quick questions.

1) This is stated "Also contains hall of fame coaches with 600 wins or more and if you click on their card u will get a breakdown of their annual win-loss record and postseason play"...where would you go to see this? I went to the almanac and couldn't see it.

2) I know you plan to release real coach strategies...will that be a separate mod? I prefer to primarily use mods for logos and such without changing coaches/players....so was just hoping they would be separate, but I understand if that is difficult to do.

I figured out the coaches, I just had the wrong filter selected.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby bloomington » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:11 pm

Wayne23 wrote:bloom, is it necessary top redo the NCAA logo and Ohio Valley tourney fix for every new association?

Not really. The logo is to replace places where u see "association wide" type of stuff. So for example in the Top 25 daily schedule, there is no corresponding conference so the game uses that logo there. I just thought an NCAA logo would look better. Also at the awards for the association u will find it there too. I also prefer .png files over .gif because they are better quality. But no - if u dont mind or care about that, then no need to touch that.

For the OVC also no need to do anything here either. The game will default to the correct conference tournament HOWEVER, I didnt test for that nor can I vouch for leaving cells blank but I know that it will default to the correct tournament structure anyways. I just dont like to leave the cells blank and think that taking a min to fill it in may save me a problem down the road especially since its not something you need to do daily. This is once for every dynasty action and a dynasty could last days or weeks in real time. But no u dont have to fill in the OVC, it will work without it. I just cant say with confidence that no problem will pop up as a result.
bloomington

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:15 pm

Thanks. One more. How do I find the real world coaches? Oh, and if they aren't automatically in the game through the Mod download, how do I download them?
Wayne23

Postby bloomington » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:15 pm

slybelle1 wrote:
slybelle1 wrote:Ok, thanks....couple of other quick questions.

I figured out the coaches, I just had the wrong filter selected.

OK glad u figured it out. Just click on a coach in the almanac and it will pull up his card. If he's retired it will pull up his retired card.

The real coaches will be an excel spreadsheet that you put into your save file. It's not part of this mod nor will it be. Its a little more involved in that you will need to be able to export your .db file into a database program such as access and then copy and paste over from excel. There are a number of people that have used it in the previous version and I will provide instructions on how to go about doing it. Personally, I think it adds alot - perhaps you will as well. :)
bloomington

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2016 Mods