Bloomington's Real World Mod - includes real world coaches

Re: Bloomington's Real World Mod

Postby eplate2 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:17 pm

it says the game is hardcoded so does that mean we cannot add any additional teams to the league? I had created a mod for 388 teams and I cannot get past the "create a coach" window as I get this error code

so is this just happening because there are too many teams? Or is something else maybe wrong in my edited dat file?
eplate2

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:35 pm

Gary has always said that the game is hard coded for exactly the number of teams it has. It will not run with either more or fewer. You can exchange some for others, I believe.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby bloomington » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:39 pm

Wayne23 wrote:Gary has always said that the game is hard coded for exactly the number of teams it has. It will not run with either more or fewer. You can exchange some for others, I believe.

I believe what Wayne is saying is correct - I have understood the same. I have never tried to put more than the number of teams in Div1 because I have had no reason to. But that error could come up for several reasons. Did you change anything with the index or keys possibly? What tables did you enter data into? did you enter directly in access or bring over from excel for example? I have had that issue happen to me a few times but it was for a variety of reasons so its very hard to have an idea of what is happening.
bloomington

Postby eplate2 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:16 pm

I edited the "Conferences" and "Teams" and that was all. I never did anything with any coaches which is why this is odd to me. If it were a problem with teams, I would figure it would give me an error code sooner
eplate2

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:19 pm

Just an idea.....make a backup copy of your database...then go into it and delete enough teams to get to the original number of teams included...then try using it to see if you get the same error. That might at least tell you if it has to do with the number of teams or the ones you added.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby bloomington » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:40 pm

slybelle1 wrote:Just an idea.....make a backup copy of your database...then go into it and delete enough teams to get to the original number of teams included...then try using it to see if you get the same error. That might at least tell you if it has to do with the number of teams or the ones you added.

I have gotten this error 3 or 4 different ways but this suggestion is a good place to start.
bloomington

Postby eplate2 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:29 pm

i gave up for my mod for the time being and am using yours now. I keep getting a crash error though during recruiting phase - here is a screenshot -- has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution yet?

eplate2

Postby bloomington » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:01 am

eplate2 - your probably better off posting this in the general area for a couple of reasons. I dont know if Gary or Wolverine Support really visit the mod section too much because its an area where we produce our own items not liscenced by Wolverine Studios. Also typically people pose their issues and questions in the general discussion where other members may encounter the same issue or other exception errors. Even better is to send a copy of your full saved file to Wolverine Support if this happens again at the address given in the popup box and include as much information as you can to help pinpoint the problem.

Personally I have not come across the issue you have posted - but that doesnt mean others may not have. You might want to for example - reload the game and try to do the same actions again and see if you get the same error. If so - then you can better document it and pass it to Wolverine, and if its something that is repeatable through a series of actions it becomes easier for Wolverine to reconstruct the same scenario and isolate and fix.

Sorry about the problems with your mod not working out the way you wanted it.
bloomington

Postby Valdarix » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:01 am

Editing conferences is a major undertaking. You must make sure that all the moving pieces line up perfectly or you create a really nasty scenario that is hard to find and fix.
Valdarix

Postby bloomington » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:01 pm

bump for updated and corrected Mod..please redownload in 1st post and restart dynasties.

sorry for the inconvenience. i found a single typo but yes it could impact some people's games.

thanks.
bloomington

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2016 Mods