Player Mod

Player Mod

Postby Warriors11 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:07 pm

so first off - no I dont have one yet. But I wanted to start a discussion about it.

I am interested in creating a player mod and would be happy to coordinate if multiple people wanted to participate.

as far as I can remember the biggest problem is you can only use export to DB and import on existing leagues. Does anyone know if there is a way to do so on the default DB?

If not I could start a generic league and use the export/import options to make changes and then share that file. then users could load that file, add themselves as a coach and then play. only downside is league would I guess have to be multiplayer in order to accommodate that. Having not played multiplayer in this game, I am not sure how if in anyway that would change the procedures.

thoughts, suggestions?
Warriors11

Re: Player Mod

Postby bloomington » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:59 pm

Probably the simplest way to do this would be similar to the way I have created the Real Coaches Mod. Just put all the data into an excel spreadsheet. That data could then simply be ported into any saved (or current) db file by the individual user. Depending on what you want to change that could be a huge task or somewhat more manageable. If you just change names - then ok...350 teams x 10 players (lets say 10 is the average per team) but if you want to get into changing other details like positions, physical characteristics and ratings etc etc...u can imagine how many cells you will have to populate.

The only thing I am not sure about is whether or not are players re-ordered in the database for your team like your coach is. I suspect not, but I have never actually looked at it to be sure. If its not, then it would be fortunate, because we would all have the teams in the same order as your excel template. If its like the coaches where your individual coach is assigned a particular index value and physically moved to the top of the database which shifts everything up or down, then it would be almost identical to what I have done for the coaches...you would need to cut and paste in 2 parts because we would all be coaching different teams. I can quickly take a look later and let u know which of the 2 formats it is or if you want just open your saved db and see if the players of the team you are coaching have been shifted to the top of the spread sheet or are they still where they should be based on the Team ID value (it all goes in ascending order)
bloomington
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Warriors11 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:09 pm

makes sense. I might see if I can work some magic with power query to make this work better.
Warriors11

Postby Chris » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:15 pm

Would love to host these files if not available on Gary's server. Please reach out to chris@gmgames.org
Chris

Postby bloomington » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:10 pm

I just took a look Warriors. The players are sorted according to Team ID and therefore we all have the teams in the same order and thus all the players in the same order to the extent that they are sorted by their team. The fact that your coaching one of the teams doesnt re-order anything like it does for the coaches mod. So whatever u produced would be easy to pass around to everyone. I also took a look at what happens after one season and the players db gets totally reordered dramatically in a way I am sure is not the same for any two people. So you would want to setup a new association and not do any actions. Just set it up, export the DB without advancing a day or anything to keep the spreadsheet's integrity. From the DB, export to excel using the external data action, and do all your changes in excel which is alot easier to work with in my opinion. Then port it back when your done. Just make sure along the way your porting back to the saved DB file and checking the file in the game by just checking the rosters and maybe advancing to play a game (but dont save) just to make sure its working as u go, because that players DB is pretty freakin big and u dont wanna do all that data entry work for the whole thing only to find out u have a single error somewhere and have to search though that whole thing trying to find it.
bloomington

Postby Warriors11 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:35 pm

this project is dead in the water at this point because of this:

viewtopic.php?f=227&t=21860
Warriors11

Postby bloomington » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:00 pm

Warriors11 wrote:this project is dead in the water at this point because of this:

viewtopic.php?f=227&t=21860

Sorry Warrior - are u saying u didnt change anything and u got this error? Looks like its saying something about the conference setup maybe? Which tables did you change if any?
bloomington

Postby Warriors11 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:31 pm

I am getting a crash every time I try to export and cant get beyond that point. so I cant make any changes.
Warriors11

Player Mod

Postby AllanPep » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:02 pm

I am looking for a mod or someone to create one for me I want a divx player where flash player is and when someone uploads the file and I it to be just uploaded to the server anywhere and the divx code and use it to play it. I don;t want any converting done because that will just put load on the server. I want people to come and upload avi and divx files only on the server so it can be played in divx player.
http://www.1prikid.ru/zilli-koshelek-54639 http://www.1prikid.ru/salvatore-ferragamo
AllanPep

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2016 Mods