Valdarix 2016 Division II Semi- Fantasy Mod BETA RELEASE

Valdarix 2016 Division II Semi- Fantasy Mod BETA RELEASE

Postby Valdarix » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:12 am

BETA RELEASE!!

The link below contains the .dat file and the images needed. You will need to place the logos in there appropriate directories and the jerseys in theirs. Several custom jerseys where added so you will definitely need these. Just backup your current .dat file and then save this one in its place. Note the .dat file is saved as default.valdarix a tool is included if you wish to use it.

NOTE: There is a weird message about need 352 teams and loading the default file that occurs, not sure why it is triggered by the mod most definitely has 352 teams and runs smoothly in my testing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tuyjesuyipdbzco/D2%20Modv2.zip?dl=0

Included Features:
- 352 D2/D3 Teams
- 22 Conferences with 16 Teams each. Each conference will have two 8 team divisions.
- All teams will start in close proximity to the same prestige. No team will have a huge leg up when the game starts (I am looking at you DDSCB3 UCLA)
- All conferences and teams will have their actual real logos, colors, arena

Plan to include
- Rivals for teams
- Updated courts for conferences, tournaments and schools. - CURRENT PROJECT

Who will emerge as the years pass as the top teams in the league? Will parity reign or will talented coaches lead their teams to top of the basketball world?

NOTE:Included in the zip file is a program called DefaultDBSwitch.exe this is a tool that will swap between the Valdaix mod and the base default file you are using, whether it is the original or Bloomingtons does not matter. Just place the program and the file called default.valdarix in your DDSCB16 folder where the default.dat file is located and double run the switch program. This will swap the databases for you, when you want to switch back just run it again.
Last edited by Valdarix on Thu May 11, 2017 9:02 am, edited 10 times in total.
Valdarix

Re: Valdarix 2016 Division II Semi- Fantasy Mod

Postby Wayne23 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:46 am

Sounds really interesting!
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby bloomington » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:35 am

In a perfect world this Div II and Div III mod should be part of the overall game creating the full college basketball universe. Just dreaming for now I guess :)
bloomington

Postby Valdarix » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:46 pm

Updated original post. There will now be 22 16 team conferences based on the follwing info from Gary ".... The number of conferences can vary as long as everything is properly assigned in the file but there must be 352 teams"

I believe this will make the universe even more exciting.
Valdarix

Postby bloomington » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:47 pm

woohoo :)
bloomington

Postby PointGuard » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:10 am

Verrrrryyyy Intriguing! :)
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Valdarix » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:25 am

Updated to add the conferences that made the cut to the original post. Over the next few days I will reveal teams and the conferences they are in reply posts.
Valdarix

Postby CoachC » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:47 am

very cool idea, Valdarix!
CoachC

Postby jksander » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:17 pm

Email me when this is up!!! (kroessman@gmail.com)

Valdarix wrote:HYPE Placeholder. Full Mod to be released by Friday the 18th.

With Bloomington handling the real world D1 Mod I decided to create a semi fantasy mod. With my D1 mod I wanted historical accuracy and realism. With the D2 mod I want to see history take shape around me. The D2 mod will consist of 352 D2 and D3 teams and 32 Real Conferences. The goal of this mod is to see a whole new basketball universe that few are familiar with in a D1 setting. Currently conference placement and sizes is what I am working on. D2 unlike D1 can have 10+ schools in a single state, setting up fun conference alignments is taking some work.

Planned Features:
- 352 D2/D3 Teams
- 22 Conferences with 16 Teams each. Each conference will have two 8 team divisions.
"Sorry to disappoint you again but yes the game requires 352 teams for the promotion/relegation scenario. The number of conferences can vary as long as everything is properly assigned in the file but there must be 352 teams" - Gary
- All teams will start in close proximity to the same prestige. No team will have a huge leg up when the game starts (I am looking at you DDSCB3 UCLA)
- All conferences and teams will have their actual real logos, colors, arena (whrere possible) and a rival school

Who will emerge as the years pass as the top teams in the league? Will parity reign or will talented coaches lead their teams to top of the basketball world?

Here are the conferences that made the cut. Remember these are real conferences but alignments and memberships will be totally up to me.

Image ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
jksander
Elite Member

Postby bigbad25 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:08 pm

How are you gonna do the rosters? are the teams all going to be even at the beginning?
bigbad25

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2016 Mods