Valdarix 2016 Division II Semi- Fantasy Mod BETA RELEASE

Re: Valdarix 2016 Division II Semi- Fantasy Mod BETA RELEASE

Postby Valdarix » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:05 pm

historybeast wrote:Will there ever be a full mod with all D1, D2, and D3 schools combined?

No, the games only supports 352 teams for D1, the D2/D3 mod was a for fun experiment but for all intents and purposes the game is meant to represent D1 only
Valdarix

Postby historybeast » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:24 pm

Valdarix wrote:
historybeast wrote:Will there ever be a full mod with all D1, D2, and D3 schools combined?

No, the games only supports 352 teams for D1, the D2/D3 mod was a for fun experiment but for all intents and purposes the game is meant to represent D1 only

Well at least once the full mod for the D2/D3 is fully up and running, it can still be fun switching between the two mods here and there :) Still waiting for my local hometown D2 University to come along (Midwestern State University) and their conference (Lone Star Conference) :D
historybeast

Postby GiantYankee1 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:12 pm

How many conferences games are played? Are conference games within division only? Thanks.
GiantYankee1

Postby Valdarix » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:32 am

It uses the same model as 16 team conferences in the base game
Valdarix

Postby joepresko » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:52 pm

Valdarix, I just completed the regular season in my first year in charge of Midwestern State of the American Southwest Conference. I had wondered how a 16 team conference with two 8 team divisions would handle the conference tournament and was pleased when I saw that all 8 teams from the ASC West Division were included. Then, I noticed that there weren't any scores for teams from the East Division and it seems that none of them, even the co-champions Eastern New Mexico and Western New Mexico, were made a part of the tourney. I've checked the 21 other conferences in the mod and the same is true there as well. Only one division from each conference has been made part of the conference tournament. Have you noticed this issue before? Aside from this minor quibble and a few misspelled school names (which were easily edited), this mod has been hours of terrific fun. Many thanks for your work!
joepresko

Postby Valdarix » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:42 pm

I'll check on the spellings and get them fixed for the next release.

I hadn't noticed the tournament issues, I will check on those and see how they are setup.
Valdarix

Postby joepresko » Thu May 05, 2016 9:14 pm

Valdarix wrote:I'll check on the spellings and get them fixed for the next release.

I hadn't noticed the tournament issues, I will check on those and see how they are setup.
\

Here are a few minor errors I noticed and can remember editing.

Union Bulldogs play at Fred DeLay Gymnasium. There's an NAIA school from Kentucky by the same name that play at Robison Arena.

Misspellings

Erskine
Tarleton State
Huntsville
Bemidji State
USciences (not misspelled. Just an uncapitalized S.)

Lastly, as far as nonconference rivals go, Midwestern State and the Cameron Aggies have a rivalry dating back at least 40 years. I edited the Red River rivalry into the game and it's cool that we get to play them every year, automatically.
joepresko

Postby joepresko » Sat May 07, 2016 12:54 pm

Just noticed that there is a misspelled team name in the base game with the Mastodons of Indiana-Purdue-Fort Wayne being listed as IFPW instead of the proper IPFW and having their mascot labeled improperly as Mastadons. It happens to the best. :)
joepresko

Postby PointGuard » Sat May 07, 2016 5:27 pm

joepresko wrote:Just noticed that there is a misspelled team name in the base game with the Mastodons of Indiana-Purdue-Fort Wayne being listed as IFPW instead of the proper IPFW and having their mascot labeled improperly as Mastadons. It happens to the best. :)

Maybe that's why the Mastodons went extinct. :rolleyes:
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Wayne23 » Mon May 09, 2016 6:41 pm

VAL, I clearly did something wrong. I can now get at the D2 teams but not the D1 teams. Any idea?

Also, here's the Little East Conference, and it's not what you have:

http://littleeast.com/sports/mbkb/index
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2016 Mods