Valdarix 2016 Division II Semi- Fantasy Mod BETA RELEASE

Re: Valdarix 2016 Division II Semi- Fantasy Mod BETA RELEASE

Postby joepresko » Wed May 11, 2016 11:54 am

I hope the issue with conference tournaments only using one of the two 8-team divisions from each league has been resolved. That's the only major issue I've seen to date. The other stuff, name corrections and whatnot, is trivial in comparison. Regardless, major major props for all the work that's gone into this splendid mod.

Valdarix wrote:I should have an update today or tomorrow, most of the spellings have been fixed (copy and paste failures on my part) I should have spell checked before I pasted into the database.

As for conferences, yes the little east is not the same as what is in the real world. Because I had to mix d2 and d3 to have enough teams I remade conference memberships hence the fantasy portion of the mod.

As far as both databases concurrently as far as I know the renaming is how to do it, your active database should be named default.dat I am working on a tool to autorename that might be available this week too.

Rivalries should be updated with this release as I held off on them in the original data set to see how the game played
joepresko

Postby Valdarix » Wed May 11, 2016 2:24 pm

Currently testing the updates. May be able to post later today.
Valdarix

Postby Valdarix » Wed May 11, 2016 3:16 pm

Just released the updated version of the mod. Download on the first page.

Included in the update:
- Eastern Connecticut St is now in the game. Logo is included in the zip file. No stand alone download available.
- Spelling corrections made to several teams.
- A few rivalries added. Most rivalries are handled in conference so not many were added this pass
- Update to conference tournaments. Now uses 12 conf tournament, the game was programmed with only two tournament types that would select teams from both divisions, the 12 team setup was the best option.
- Added a new Default.dat rename tool. For those of you who may be worried about strange .exe files from someone you don't know just message me and I will send you the source code for the program if you want to review it. Most of you should remember my original mod for DDSCB2 was an exe file, your virus scanners might complain about unsigned program but I promise it is 100% legit.

NOTE:Included in the zip file is a program called DefaultDBSwitch.exe this is a tool that will swap between the Valdaix mod and the base default file you are using, whether it is the original or Bloomingtons does not matter. Just place the program and the file called default.valdarix in your DDSCB16 folder where the default.dat file is located and double run the switch program. This will swap the databases for you, when you want to switch back just run it again.
Valdarix

Postby joepresko » Thu May 12, 2016 12:10 pm

Many, many thanks for the update to this awesome mod.
joepresko

Postby joepresko » Thu May 12, 2016 7:09 pm

Valdarix wrote:Update to conference tournaments. Now uses 12 conf tournament, the game was programmed with only two tournament types that would select teams from both divisions, the 12 team setup was the best option.

Loaded the the update, checked conference tourneys before finishing the creation of the association, and was surprised to see that it was still set for 8 teams (4 byes) as before. But, just to be sure, I simmed until the conference tournaments began and nothing has changed. It is still only picking the 8 teams from one division and ignoring the other.
joepresko

Postby Valdarix » Thu May 12, 2016 9:24 pm

Hmmm...I'll double check in the AM and make sure I actually uploaded the right file
Valdarix

Postby Valdarix » Fri May 13, 2016 8:07 am

Yep, my mistake. I have updated the file on the main page to be the correct one.
Valdarix

Postby joepresko » Fri May 13, 2016 11:22 am

Danke!
joepresko

Postby Fresh » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:38 pm

Love this mod! Val, do you think you'll ever do a D2/D3 coaches mod?

Also is there a way of re-aligning the conferences without trying to move everyone's info in the initial setup? I tried re-aligning the conferences at the very beginning of my dynasty through Access with the conference ID/division IDs and re-importing the DB, but to no avail.

I want to add and align the CIAA to it's current alignment and add 4 schools. Any help is appreciated!
Fresh

Valdarix 2016 Division II Semi Fantasy Mod BETA RELEASE

Postby AllanPep » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:25 am

they are ready to get destroyed by their competition. UVA-W was an average team at the NAIA level, how are they gonna compete against better competition?
http://www.1prikid.ru/zilli-koshelek-54639 http://www.1prikid.ru/salvatore-ferragamo
AllanPep

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2016 Mods