An Idea for a mod

An Idea for a mod

Postby bigbad25 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:00 pm

I wonder what a women's cbb mod would be like; is it even feasible? would anyone be interested?
bigbad25

Re: An Idea for a mod

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:23 am

I could sell 1,000 copies of this right here at UConn (I live 10 minutes from campus). I'm convinced. UConn women's hoops fans buy EVERYTHING related to the team. If they thought they could coach the UConn women's team they'd throw money at us. I expect the same would happen in South bend, and probably in a few other places. It's a much smaller fan base but they're fanatic about it. Gary's not convinced though.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby CoachC » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:19 am

I've always wanted to run a NCAA women's association myself. The big and only problem why Women's NCAA basketball is not bigger? They have no football revenue and the NCAA doesn't give two zhits for them. Cheryl Miller and Candice Parker were both probably a lot more talented than their brothers who were starters in the NBA.
CoachC

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:27 am

And the women playing now are WAY better than Miller, and even Parker were. The game, at the highest level, is lightning fast.

It's different from the men's game and it would take some study of the game, as well, as the stats, to capture those differences, but it could be done.

If I had the skills I'd mod women's college hoops as Valdarix is doing with Div. II. Alas, I do not have those skills. However, if anyone wanted to tackle this I would do the leg work on running down the stats.
Wayne23

Postby CoachC » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:36 am

don't have to convince me, Wayne! Those women can play! Look forward to seeing them on the big stage this summer in Rio! The women's games are always a lot more fun to watch than the men's games which i mostly ignore. Of course, the women's games are telecast at about 3 am on Bravo or USA or one of the other cable networks that NBC owns. :S fortunately for me, at 3 am i have nothing better to do at work than watch TV! lol
CoachC

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:41 am

No computer at work to play DDS:CB on?
Wayne23

Postby CoachC » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:25 am

nope, nothing but a dumbphone and a tv! lol Even if i had a laptop they'd never give me the wifi password. Too afraid I might start programming useful, essential, and time-saving software for them like I used to do before they hired our idiot of an IT manager.
CoachC

Postby Valdarix » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:41 pm

This actually wouldn't be too hard of a mod to do with the game to be honest. The basic changes off he top of my head would be changing the names table in the database to have female names, adjust the women's teams prestiges to be accurate to women's bball and delete all the male pictures (add female if you have the ability) the biggest issue would be how the game generates players heights and weights, the game it self would still create players as if they were men so you would end up with a league of amazons
Valdarix

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:49 pm

Good points BUT, the women's game is played below the rim and that has implications- lots of them. RB, TO, assist, Def (intensity, type...), and a few other things are not the same as in the men's game. Again, if you or anyone else is ever interested in taking this on i would be happy to do the legwork on stats by team, conf., overall... It would take a little time but after the last week in April I have lots of free time. Think about it.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:56 pm

Also: 4 ten-minute quarters, bonus at 5 team fouls each quarter, H-U-G-E variance in the quality of teams (even within conferences).
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2016 Mods