Question for Bloomington

Question for Bloomington

Postby nuwildcat » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:17 pm

Quick question. How did you edit the default files to create your mod? I want to try and change the default prestige ratings for the teams if possible.
nuwildcat

Re: Question for Bloomington

Postby bloomington » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:24 pm

nuwildcat wrote:Quick question. How did you edit the default files to create your mod? I want to try and change the default prestige ratings for the teams if possible.

You can just go into the default.dat file and change the prestige accordingly. There are 2 prestige values - one is historical, and one is more of a current figure. I "believe" the historical changes more slowly and is based on a programs success over a long period of time.

You can also change the prestige values in the saved DB file. Its the same table but since its in the saved DB file it will only be relevant for the dynasty you are in.

Before doing too much work..maybe try changing the prestige for one school and check it in the game, and if it goes smoothly then proceed. I have never actually touched the prestige values myself, maybe Valdarix or others may have.

I use Access to change the database files.
bloomington
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:31 pm

I've done it on an association by association basis right in the Teams section of the set up process, which of course doesn't carry over. Mostly adjusted down for teams I wanted to coach, but who i thought were rated too highly.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby nuwildcat » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:34 pm

Thanks. I did not know the dat files could be opened by Access. I appreciate the help and all of your good work.
nuwildcat

Postby Valdarix » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:34 pm

It's also important to know that Current prestige ranges from 1 to 20 historical prestige ranges from 1 to 80 they combine to be a 100 point system
Valdarix

Postby nuwildcat » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:58 pm

Thanks Valdrix
nuwildcat

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2016 Mods