Will we see real player names in the near future?

Will we see real player names in the near future?

Postby RonHudale » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:44 am

Should I assume that CollegeBasketball 2016 will eventually have a mod for real rosters? It would be so much more immersive with the real names, real teams and real conferences. This is the only thing holding be back from buying this game. I hope it's possible.
RonHudale

Re: Will we see real player names in the near future?

Postby PointGuard » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:34 am

There already is a mod for real team names, teams in their correct conferences with correct conference names, and real coaches for Div. I

There's another mod for Div II/III.

There's another mod for real courts of Div. I teams.

These mods definitely create a high level of immersion.

With regard to real player names, that would be a lot of work with frequent changes plus getting ratings correct would be difficult, so it would take someone with a lot of time on their hands to create that mod and continually update it.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby RonHudale » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:53 pm

Ok. Thanks. That should be good enough. I think I'm game.
RonHudale

Postby CoachC » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:14 pm

Even though it would take an enormous amount of time, research and head-banging to put out a real roster mod, with realistic ratings for close to 5000 players, updating it would be no problem, because it wouldn't be possible. after the initial season, it would all be for naught unless you were omniscient and could project what real players would be recruited by each school next year, the year after, and forevermore.
CoachC

Postby RonHudale » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:59 pm

Good point. I agree. Real names aren't really feasible. I'm enjoying the game and striving to become the head coach at Pitt.
RonHudale

Postby RonHudale » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:03 am

Is there any way to begin a season in single player mode as a head coach?
RonHudale

Postby Wayne23 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:45 am

That's the usual way to begin.
Wayne23

Postby Patsrule755 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:36 pm

Just wondering if it's not possible then how do people mod rosters every year for NCAA football 14? NCAA football 14 rosters are also time consuming. I'm just wondering what's the difference between games?
Patsrule755

Postby bloomington » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:20 am

Patsrule755 wrote:Just wondering if it's not possible then how do people mod rosters every year for NCAA football 14? NCAA football 14 rosters are also time consuming. I'm just wondering what's the difference between games?

You could do it but as CoachC points out, if you mod the rosters for each school for 2016-17, then after that (2017-18 and beyond), its no longer accurate in the game due to transfers, new recruits going who knows where, players entering into the draft etc (all of which is unknown). So is it worth filling in 200,000 data points that involves a decent amount of research to get accurate names,heights, ages, skills etc etc just to get one single "somewhat" accurate season given the huge time commitment involved? Not for me.
bloomington

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2016 Mods