Fight Fiercely Harvard

Re: Fight Fiercely Harvard

Postby PointGuard » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:49 pm

Wayne23 wrote:An unexpected development is a gigantic interest from the adult gaming community. Fenny and Abby, and they are now most decidedly a team, are contemplating an adult spin off.

NOT until they are both 21 years of age!!!!!!!!!! :p
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:59 pm

Oh dear. Perhaps I should consider rephrasing. I am SO embarrassed.
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:44 pm

1/8: 13-2, 2-0, #24, RPI #25. The Ivy appears to be stronger this year. Neither of our first two games was easy.

1/22: 16-3, 5-1. #22, RPI #20.

2 point loss at Penn.

1/29: Out of the top 25. 17-4, 6-2, RPI #25.

+11.8 PPG, +4.0 RBs, +5.8 TOs, +2.5 assists, +3.4 steals.

Still trying to land a guard. We are perusing three.

2/5: 19-4, 8-2, #23, RPI #23. In a three way tie for first place with four to play.

2/12: 21-4, 10-2. #20, RPI #23. 1 game up on Princeton but we play they’re next.

2/13: 89-78 over Princeton. First place is ours!

“It is quite fascinating to note how much grownups like Fenwick Holmes, Boy Consulting Detective. I did not expect that. Abby and I think they’ll like the space game too, and now that we know they are following our efforts we are including that information in the creation of the game. Fenny and Abby to the Stars is nearly ready. Abby’s game is getting close, too.”

2/19: 23-4, 12-2, #19, RPI #15, at the end of the regular season.

Cissy continues to search for something to capture her interest. She has been without success in this endeavor to date.
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:20 am

3/1: Quarter finals:

1 Harvard – Brown 8. 82-50. We scored the first 21. Ware had 27 and 12. +23 RBs.

2 Cornell 77–56 Dartmouth 7

3 Penn 61–42 Yale 6

4 Princeton 74–65 Columbia 5

3/2: Semifinals:

1 Harvard 96–69 Princeton 4. Never a doubt.

2 Cornell 78–86 (OT) Penn 3

3/3: Finals:

1 Harvard 84–58 Penn 3. Good play all round. 45-25 at the half.

3/12: 23-4, 12-2, 1st place, #23, RPI #14.

#6 South. We face #11 Clemson, 16-12.

3/17: 80-62. Guard Lou Camp’s best game since he arrived here, 22, 5, 3. 15, 8 for Burk, 11, 9 for Ware. +11 RBs.

We have never gotten beyond the second round. We will face #3 seed, #14 ranked Duke, 23-7. They are stronger outside; we are stronger inside.

3/19: 66-67. We had the ball with 8 seconds left. As I tried to call a time out the ball was turned over and the clock ran out.

Athletic Director Clausen P. Gherkin is perturbed.

“I say, Mervin, old boy, we do seem to be in a bit of rut, don’t you know.”

“Given our limited resources, and ever so much more so, given the restrictions you have placed upon me in regard to recruiting-”

“Now Mervin that is a closed subject. Harvard is Harvard! We cannot, will not, DARE not have our academic reputation sullied in order to procure athletes of questionable academic credentials and standing.”

“Well, respectfully, one cannot have it both ways.”

“Still in all, it is rather disappointing.”

4/4: #4 Texas defeated #8 UConn 93-78 for the national title.

Awards: Junior SF Dan Rose is Ivy POY, Defensive POY, and 1st team along with soph PF/C Jay Burk, and senior C/PF Jim Ware. I won the COY award yet again.

Ed Carr, PG, #202 signs. That completes our recruiting effort for the year.

4/23: We ask for a budget increase. Denied. Yes, go ahead and express unhappiness with the progress of our program, and then fail to offer the financial support necessary to bring about improvement. I am all but apoplectic!

27-5, 12-2. #23, RPI #14. Overall career record for six seasons: 153-41, .789.

+12.0 PPG, +3.1 RBs, +6.5 TOs (#3 at 10.9), +2.6 assists, +3.6 steals.

Cissy has decided to ally herself with those combatting world hunger.

“Mervin, we know so very many people who have immense resources. Perhaps I may be able to convince some of them, hopefully many of them to assist those who have so very little.”

“My dear, very few in our circle seem to indicate a very firm grasp upon the notion of social conscience.”

“Yes, dear Mervy, I am sadly aware of that, but still I must try.”

“Oh I absolutely encourage your efforts. Dear Fenny has certainly been a beacon in this area.”

“Yes, I am so very proud of him. Dare I ask that we follow his lead? I think we must lead by example.”

“We certainly have far more than we need. I should like to maintain our homes in Victoria and in Scotland though. And our yacht-”

“Dear, we are so fabulously well to do that we could give fifty million to the cause and jeopardize absolutely none of those holdings.”

“And we should remain financial secure?”

“Undoubtedly. I have consulted with Smythe, Smythe, Smythe, Smythe, and Rabinowicz upon all of this, and I have their firmest assurances that we should be quite safe in giving that amount.”

“Let us do so with all deliberate speed, my dear.”

Abby’s game, A Matter of Fashion, was released today by Wolfbane Studios.

President and Chairman of the Board, Gerry “GoGo” Gorky said this, “We are very excited about this new game. Interested girls and boys, and women and men as well, who have an interest in fashion- designing it, selling it, wearing it, modeling it, and so on, will find Abby Rothschild and Fenny Smythe’s new game great fun. The hairdressing, make up, jewelry, and other accessories aspects are really deep and complex. As with all of our games there is a solid academic component, but the game stands on its own without that.”

Co-designer Abby Rothschild said, “Our other games, especially Fenwick Holmes, Boy Consulting Detective, and the forthcoming Fenny and Abby to the Stars appeal to girls and women as well as to boys and men, but we wanted a game that would appeal to girls and women first, or at least equally. We feel that A Matter of Fashion does that. Fenny and I are contemplating other games with wider appeal for females who are not into sports. We also have some other things brewing. Oh, Fenny and Abby to the Stars should be ready for release on or about June 1.”

Fenny’s (and Abby’s) academic pursuits continue. Wheaton is very flexible, and much of their work developing games counts for college credit.
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:35 pm

5/22: Cissy and I travelled about on a working vacation. I helped her with some of the preliminary steps regarding her work with the world hunger people.

Dizzy Phrytch purchased the usual reports and managed the team admirably, as always.

6/5: Oh dear. We have lost two players. Both guard Cris Hite and PF/C Josh Myra have transferred out of our program. We shall be very thin at guard.

We are looking at transfers.

6/16: We land Jess Hart, PF. He is marginal.

6/26: 4 scholarships. We are looking at 15 players.

7/31: “This is Dan Shagnastie, ‘Speaking of Sports.’ We’re here live at the Boston Gamers’ Convention and we have a few interviews lined up. First we have Wolfbane Studios President and Chairman of the Board Gerry Gorky. Gerry, how many games do you have?”

“Well, there’s pro and college football, pro and college basketball, all under the Draft Day Sports heading. Then there’s Over the Fence Baseball. Other games under the “Draft Day” heading include soccer, hockey, tennis, golf, auto racing, bowling, track and field, boxing, MMA, professional wrestling, table tennis, bowling, and curling. Away from sports it’s Fenwick Holmes, Boy Consulting Detective, A Matter of Fashion, and our newest game, Fenny and Abby to the Stars.”

“Wow! And remember friends, you can find all of them at Wolfbane Studios, just Google it. Now, let’s talk to the fans. First up is Wayne Twothree. Wayne, what do you like best about the games?”

“Deep. They’re deep, man.”

“Great! Rich Pointguard, how about you?”

“I get to do it my way.”

“And Robert Coachsee.”

“Bob, just call me Bob, or Bobby, or maybe Bobberino, Bobbaloo, Bobber. What was the question?”

“How about you, Andrew Hortonbloom?”

“I like the depth and complexity.”

“Okay, what about the future of gaming, especially Wolfbane Studios. Wayne?”

“Oh it’s bright, as bright as Geno Auriemma’s smile!”

“Rich?”

“(sings) The sun will come out tomorrow. Bet your bottom dollar there’ll be sun (Goes on for several minutes).”

“Okay! Robert Coachsee?”

“Bob, call me Bob. The future? Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday!”

“And Andrew.”

“Well, in the near future I’m going to be a doctor. I had so much fun playing doctor when I was a kid I thought I’d like to do it for a living.”

“This is Dan Shagnastie. As you can see gamers are… unique people.”

8/21: We offer to 3 PGs and a PF.

9/18: We had dared to hope we might be invited to a tournament but alas, it was not to be. Nonetheless we have a challenging schedule.

9/25: Kal Hyde, PG, #93 commits.

10/2: Kyle May, PG, #101, and Jay Sims, PG, #245 commit. One to go!

First day of practice. I believe we are a bit stronger than last season, albeit a bit thin.

11/6: Our lineup: Soph Dan Brit will be our #1 guard, playing more SG than PG. He is a scorer. Senior Lou Camp and frosh Ed Cary will divide the remainder of the time, working at PG more than at SG. Camp was very good last season but we wish to look at Cary. Adjustments will, no doubt, be made.

Senior Dan Rose is back at SF. He may well play some SG as well.

Junior Jay Burk and soph Sean Smith start inside, with Smith getting time at SF, as well as PF and C. Our #1 sub up front is frosh Jan Cope. Frosh Max Eddy, Jule Book, and in desperate straits, Buck Frost, wait in the wings.

Game sales are going swimmingly, to say the least!

Fenny and Abby are at work on another game which shall be aimed toward women and girls, and they are refining the existent games as well.

Cissy is deeply immersed in her activities on behalf of world hunger. She is now on the Board of Directors of the largest, most effective organization in the field. She speaks with “power groups,” as well as with the many highly influential people who are within our social circle.

Wolfbane Studios Impresario Gerry “GoGo” Gorky employs a staff of a dozen programmers full time, and at least as many academicians, although these work on a per diem basis. The company consults with a very large number of teachers who are “on the front lines.” It is felt that these latter people have a wonderful sense of what will be effective, and what will be attractive to their students. They review, and then field test in their classes.
Last edited by Wayne23 on Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:40 pm

I resemble those remarks! :o
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:42 pm

I just posted a warning on the Support Squad Forum.
Wayne23

Postby 3manweave » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:51 pm

Nice read! Thanks for the kind words on my thread as well.
3manweave

Postby CoachC » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:55 am

Robert Coachsee is still very unhappy that Gorky has put the development of FenRhythmicGymnastics on hold.
CoachC

Postby Wayne23 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:07 am

There is some talk regarding Synchronized Swimming...
Wayne23

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2016 Dynasty Reports