A new dynasty idea

A new dynasty idea

Postby CoachC » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:56 am

I have an idea for a young ambitious coach to take all 351 DI teams to the national championship. Granted, he'd be at least 450 years old by the time he accomplished it, but I figure if he takes his vitamins and eats well.....

Thoughts?
CoachC
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: A new dynasty idea

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:02 am

Thoughts? CoachC is drinking on the job.
Wayne23

Postby CoachC » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:09 am

:P actually I"d love to do another dynasty because they are so much fun...but they tend to peter out as soon as the success rolls around. I do believe that the key to a great dynasty is one that is interactive, as PG tried to do with his Bret Vandergard dynasty in CB3. Unfortunately, I was the only one that actually interacted , and when I am the only one interacting the dynasty tends to take some very strange turns.
CoachC

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:17 am

1. Yes, keep a dynasty going by starting low. That way it goes for several years. Promotion/Relegation is good for that (and for faster than light travel).

2. Interactive is fun, even if only one person is interacting. I made lots of comments on that one but they were just comments.

3. Damn! It's 3:15 a.m., and my brain is numb. I had one other point...

4. For me it's back story. Just reporting on games- meh.

5. #4 wasn't what I'm trying to think of. Maybe I'll just go to bed!

6. Your Tark dynasty was great. I wish you would start another dynasty. That wasn't it either.

7. As soon as I hit send and go to bed I'll remember, then I'll have to get up and send it.

8. Oh well...
Wayne23

Postby CoachC » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:25 am

The Tark dynasty was my favorite, and believe it or not, it was done in Cb2 BETA! The Son of Tark dynasty in CB3 was fun too, in part because Tarkanian's whole coaching philosophy was fun to emulate.
CoachC

Postby CoachC » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:39 am

I'm not much about backstory, although I know I could do it and do it fairly well, but not nearly as well as you, Wayne. For me, a fun dynasty would be where I was a coach like Dick Versace. The game was never the headline, the outcome was never the headline. The headline was always about what DIck would say or do next! Any time Dick did an interview, everyone forgot what happened on the court. He was a showman! I remember him going on and on about the "Bird Cage" defense where he limited Larry Bird to single digits for the first time since he was in grade school. Everyone here still remembers the "Bird Cage", but few remember that Bradley lost that game by 35 points anyway! lol I'd love to do a dynasty where it's all about the interviews and a bombastic coach!
CoachC

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:36 am

"I'd love to do a dynasty where it's all about the interviews and a bombastic coach!" I'm hearing... I'm hearing... Jim Calhoun!
Wayne23

Postby CoachC » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:02 am

no, wayne, i mean a real coach...not some made up cartoon!
CoachC

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:05 am

Hmmmmmph. 877 wins, 3 national championships. He wasn't Daffy Duck... WAIT!
Wayne23

Postby CoachC » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:07 am

Make up your mind already, was Jim Calhoun a soft spoken gentleman, or a bombastic showman?? You know what? I'm gonna blow your mind. I'm gonna do my research and do a Jim Calhoun dynasty where he coached at a real school instead of someplace up there near the arctic circle!
CoachC

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2016 Dynasty Reports