Multiplayer questions

Multiplayer questions

Postby D4m13n » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:32 pm

Hello!

I just purchased the game to play with a friend multiplayer and I am a bit lost.

I have a few questions if anyone can answer

1. I see how I can start a multiplayer game and the options to set an ftp server for the files but how does my friend join the league in the first place? Do I have to send him the files for him to enter the game in the first place?

2. On a test save I'm doing I can't find a way to progress/play the games in 2d on the GM's side. The play/sim button is grayed out for the GMs and only the commissioner can sim the games.

Is this how the game works meaning the GMs can't play/watch their own games so they can't actually coach their teams and the games are simmed by the commissioner for a set period?

Does that mean that the only way to actually coach a game (watch 2d) is to log on as a Commissioner and there's no way to do it as a GM?

3. Can you change user without saving and loading the game again? (asking this for Hot Seat)

Are there any guides on how the multiplayer works in this game?

From what I've seen so far users do their moves and set their strategy/save their game/upload their save and then the commissioner sims all their games for a set period of time?
D4m13n

Re: Multiplayer questions

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:08 pm

Sorry I wasn't able to reply sooner - bogged down with tax time and the holiday. Anyhow here are answers

1. Your friend doesn't actually join the league - when setting up the league you setup yourself as a player. There's an option to add a new player at that stage and you add him there (or can add new players through the commissioner office)

2. Only the commissioner can advance the game but you should be able to select a game to watch the 2D on from the schedule screen.

3. If you click the options icon you should be able to switch back and forth between.

You are correct in how it works - the game does not have the ability to "play" each other over LAN or something like that.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2017 General Discussion