Scouting and Drafting

Scouting and Drafting

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Mon May 15, 2017 5:33 pm

In general, I enjoy this game and the drafting and development of players. However, I have a few questions and suggestions:

1) What is the purpose of the in-season emails about college players? Since they get erased at the season turnover, I can't even look at them during the draft for reference. Also, I've had emails about a player being a dud, yet he remains near the top of the list.

2) Is there any way to sort your list of possible draftees? I want to sort by the post workout defensive grade, for example. Is that possible?

3)Similarly, the list of 18 has no links to the player cards. I have to go to the general list, find the guy, look at his ratings, go to another player, try to remember what I'm comparing, then look at the second player. Then I have to adjust their positions on the list of 18, often in a tedious manner.

4) If I look at the 18th name on the list and want to move him up to #3 without disturbing the existing order of the list, I have to move him up one step at a time. Or am I missing something?
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Re: Scouting and Drafting

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed May 17, 2017 8:40 am

1) The in season emails are coming from your advanced scout staff. They are just meant as an added layer of depth and data for you. Think of it as a scout who works for the team that is out in the field watching games in whatever area you assigned him to. His input is just for you only and has no impact on any rankings. We will have to work on some way of making this more accessible during the draft in the future.

2-4) You've hit on other limitations with how it works right now but I appreciate the questions because I've noted them to try and make improvements going forward in the game.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed May 17, 2017 8:40 am

1) The in season emails are coming from your advanced scout staff. They are just meant as an added layer of depth and data for you. Think of it as a scout who works for the team that is out in the field watching games in whatever area you assigned him to. His input is just for you only and has no impact on any rankings. We will have to work on some way of making this more accessible during the draft in the future.

2-4) You've hit on other limitations with how it works right now but I appreciate the questions because I've noted them to try and make improvements going forward in the game.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Thu May 18, 2017 5:03 pm

Thanks for the responses. It's good to know these are on the list.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2017 General Discussion