Editing Draft Prospects

Editing Draft Prospects

Postby mpleague » Mon May 22, 2017 6:58 pm

Gary is probably the best person to answer this question, but maybe you all have tried this:

I'm starting a 2013-2014 season, and I want to see the draft prospects ratings in the database to a) see how accurate scouting is and how to plan accordingly, and b) to potentially edit ratings of draft prospects as I like to put my own twist on things. I've exported the database, but I don't see any tables that have the draft prospects in them. They aren't listed in the players table. I'm on October 31st, just clicked the "default draft class" button in game so I know they have been generated. I even see them in the scouting page, so they are definitely scoutable in game now. Anyone know where I can find the draft prospects in the database or when they'll show up?
mpleague

Re: Editing Draft Prospects

Postby Magic Bird » Wed May 24, 2017 3:20 am

The current draft prospects will appear in the players table of the database after the season has ended. Wait until the in-game dates of June 18, 19, and 20 after you have advanced the game from the seasonal player awards screen. I prefer to modify draft prospects on the 20th after I have had the phone call with the team owner to discuss my performance the previous season as well as the call to discuss expectations for the new season. In the database, players with a team ID of 500 are prospects in the current draft. If you wait until draft day (the 28th) to modify the rookie class, the computer controlled teams will not account for the changes and will draft players as if the modifications never occurred. In this way you can "cheat" and draft a rookie originally generated with D-League level ratings who you modified to have superstar current and potential ratings whenever you like in the draft without worrying that another team will select him before you. Make sure you modify and import changes to the draft class before you have advanced the game from the Rookie Workouts screen if you want the computer controlled teams to recognize the new ratings during the draft.
Magic Bird

Postby mpleague » Wed May 24, 2017 2:09 pm

Magic Bird wrote:The current draft prospects will appear in the players table of the database after the season has ended. Wait until the in-game dates of June 18, 19, and 20 after you have advanced the game from the seasonal player awards screen. I prefer to modify draft prospects on the 20th after I have had the phone call with the team owner to discuss my performance the previous season as well as the call to discuss expectations for the new season. In the database, players with a team ID of 500 are prospects in the current draft. If you wait until draft day (the 28th) to modify the rookie class, the computer controlled teams will not account for the changes and will draft players as if the modifications never occurred. In this way you can "cheat" and draft a rookie originally generated with D-League level ratings who you modified to have superstar current and potential ratings whenever you like in the draft without worrying that another team will select him before you. Make sure you modify and import changes to the draft class before you have advanced the game from the Rookie Workouts screen if you want the computer controlled teams to recognize the new ratings during the draft.

Good to know, thanks! I also saw that I can import draft classes in at the beginning of the season, but I don't see a draftpool.rkf file to edit. Do I need to make one from scratch, or how can I make a draftpool.rkf file?
mpleague

Postby thirdsaint » Wed May 24, 2017 4:24 pm

Ah, this was some good information. I'm coming up on this myself. I only want to edit some numbers like I don't want bigs shooting 3's much in my game yet. Also, I generally dislike the names the game comes up with so I'd rather edit those before they are drafted so on the Draft History page I can still click on the name and go directly to their profile. If you change the name in-game the link is 'broken'.
thirdsaint

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2017 General Discussion