Announcing DDS: Pro Basketball 2017

Re: Announcing DDS: Pro Basketball 2017

Postby Barnsketball » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:02 am

Awesome!
Barnsketball

Postby Cleasby » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:34 pm

Looking forward to it. Registered for the testing - hopefully I can help out with that :D
Cleasby

Postby brutusbrutus » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:40 pm

I will almost assuredly get the game when it comes out. How are the computer generated stats looking so far?
brutusbrutus

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:09 pm

Things are going along well - check out our blog today where we simmed the 2016-17 season!
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby pdandy » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:42 am

To be fair, the out-of-the-box player stats were always pretty good.
It's really those pesky computer generated players that cause issues. Unfortunately I've been out of the country so I didn't get to participate in the beta testing. Hope everything went well! Can't wait to get 2017!
pdandy

Postby cdcool » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:27 pm

In my opinion, it should be 50% off for current customers that own last years game for a large Patch/update and Roster update every year.
cdcool

Postby Gary Gorski » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:42 am

cdcool wrote:In my opinion, it should be 50% off for current customers that own last years game for a large Patch/update and Roster update every year.

I quite strongly disagree that this is a "large patch/update" - the addition of being able to start in any year since 1976 itself is a massive addition which took hundreds of hours of database and coding work in addition to all of the other new features and the many things that have been reworked such as rookie generation and a complete overhaul of AI contract valuation.

I'm sorry you don't feel that getting a 20% discount and a free steam key is enough incentive to pre-order the game but you're always more than welcome to wait and try the demo and see for yourself or wait for the game to go on sale after the season or for any popup sales along the way.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby cdcool » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:59 am

Gary Gorski wrote:
cdcool wrote:In my opinion, it should be 50% off for current customers that own last years game for a large Patch/update and Roster update every year.

I quite strongly disagree that this is a "large patch/update" - the addition of being able to start in any year since 1976 itself is a massive addition which took hundreds of hours of database and coding work in addition to all of the other new features and the many things that have been reworked such as rookie generation and a complete overhaul of AI contract valuation.

I'm sorry you don't feel that getting a 20% discount and a free steam key is enough incentive to pre-order the game but you're always more than welcome to wait and try the demo and see for yourself or wait for the game to go on sale after the season or for any popup sales along the way.

Me personally, I don't care about playing in other years except for the present and moving forward from there. I will take a look at the Demo, Thanks
cdcool

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:41 am

cdcool wrote:Me personally, I don't care about playing in other years except for the present and moving forward from there. I will take a look at the Demo, Thanks

Well luckily there have been plenty of new additions for you to care about - there's new scouting features, new player personality changes, the addition of lineup tracking, a rewrite of the rookie creation code, the ability to edit how often injuries happen, changes in the AI for contracts and free agency...and that's just the stuff we've mentioned so far. If you missed it, check out the blog we did detailing some of these new things.

http://www.wolverinestudios.com/2016/10 ... -features/
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby cdcool » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:56 am

Gary Gorski wrote:
cdcool wrote:Me personally, I don't care about playing in other years except for the present and moving forward from there. I will take a look at the Demo, Thanks

Well luckily there have been plenty of new additions for you to care about - there's new scouting features, new player personality changes, the addition of lineup tracking, a rewrite of the rookie creation code, the ability to edit how often injuries happen, changes in the AI for contracts and free agency...and that's just the stuff we've mentioned so far. If you missed it, check out the blog we did detailing some of these new things.

http://www.wolverinestudios.com/2016/10 ... -features/

Okay, can scouting be assigned to the AI?
cdcool

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2017 General Discussion