DDS:PB 2017 - Developer Diary #1 - New In-Season Features

DDS:PB 2017 - Developer Diary #1 - New In-Season Features

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:04 pm

With testing underway and the release closing in its time to start up some developer diaries. Looking forward to your feedback!

http://www.wolverinestudios.com/2016/10 ... -features/
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Re: DDS:PB 2017 - Developer Diary #1 - New In-Season Feature

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:52 pm

Any rough guess as to release date?
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:10 am

Very soon :) Don't want to give a firm date yet but it won't be long
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby oniyura » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:43 pm

The new lineup tracking sounds exciting, but from the photo on the Dev Diary it didn't have a left and right scroll option; my point is, are games, minutes played and points the only stats we get? I feel like more are needed like rebounding for instance, if I have four big men and I want to choose the two best defensive rebounders as my starters, having that stat would make it that much simpler. Steals and assists should also be displayed so that I can build a starting team that plays the type of basketball that I want; turnover rate would also be helpful because its kind of self explanatory that the longer you hold the ball the more chances you have for scoring.
Also if you are importing draft database from college basketball, is there any point to scouting in North America?
Really excited for the game! Starting my fantasy draft this sunday and hopefully this soon after.
oniyura

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:53 pm

Yes the lineup tracking feature shows you the total number of minutes played by that group of five and the NET +/- to see which lineups are most effective overall not necessarily in a single statistical category.

Scouting NA is Canada/Mexico - you need to scout the individual regions of the US for college players
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2017 General Discussion