A Few Quick Questions ^_^

A Few Quick Questions ^_^

Postby iPrestige » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:48 pm

Hope you guys can clarify some things for me:

1) Does the "Post - Floor Range" calculate the times a player enters or scores/attacks from a post position? (Ex: Ben Simmons is stationed on the left block. He is then set a cross screen by Nerlens Noel. He uses the screen and ends up on the opposite block in "post" position. He then receives the ball from Jerryd Bayless and proceeds to score via right-handed hook.) My first example may very well be a viable example of a shot taken within the "Post - Floor Range," but what about this example: Ben starts at the left block, but instead of receiving a cross screen, he receives a down screen , ending up in the "pinch-post" position(free-throw line elbows; think a quick Kobe Bryant Iso play). He then receives the ball, faces up, jabs right, and takes a jumper. Would that shot that Benny took from the position aforementioned be considered in the "Jumper - Floor Range" or "Post-Floor Range"? More specifically, using the shot chart, which ranges on the floor are considered to be the "Post - Floor Range"? I know the area around the blocks are but does it also encompass the "painted area" (ex: Curry drives to the paint and scores)?

I ask this question because I saw that Curry's "Post -Floor Range" percentage (I think it was like..14% or something) and I just don't see Curry going into "post" position or attacking out of it often or at all off a set play. When he does it's usually around the "pinch-post" area and off the dribble vs a guy like Westbrook who does score out of the "pinch-post" position off the dribble like Curry, but the Thunder run plays that allows Westbrook attack on the catch to out of the "pinch-post".

Maybe I'm just confusing the "Post - Floor Action" and "Post-Up - Ball Action" :D

2) Does the "Pull-Up Jumper - Ball Action" count for 3s (ex: Curry dribbles into a quick pick and pop with Green and takes a 3)?

Hope I didn't confuse anyone! :)
iPrestige

Re: A Few Quick Questions ^_^

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:15 pm

1) Yes "Post - Floor Range" is going to count shots around the basket so Curry's 14% is not from physically posting up but times he's in the paint via drive or cut. The Simmons jumper example would be considered Midrange.

2) Yes the pull up jumper can be 2s or 3s - same as catch and shoot can be
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby iPrestige » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:38 pm

Thanks G!
iPrestige

Postby iPrestige » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:08 pm

3) In the "League Options" under "Randomize Options," can someone specify in detail how exactly the potential of a player will be randomized?
iPrestige

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:44 pm

Its really mainly for anyone using a custom file where they have set the potential ratings but would like them randomized so players don't necessarily always turn out the same
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby iPrestige » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:05 pm

Thanks Gary!
iPrestige

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2017 General Discussion