Understand Defensive impact of a player

Understand Defensive impact of a player

Postby andrei » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:16 am

I've been looking into the demo with the idea to buy the game.

Noticed that there are no defensive metrics that we had in DDS3. Some of the ones I am missing in particular are:

DRVS
DRVF
STP%
TOFC
PTAL
SHFC
PA/SF

What was the rationale for removing them? How do you now understand the defensive impact of a player?

I see there is something about Steals % and Blocks % but not all defensive players are good at stealing or blocking...
andrei

Re: Understand Defensive impact of a player

Postby Rizzo » Wed May 03, 2017 11:38 am

BUMP

Any information on how to determine the value of a player on the defensive side of the ball outside of steals and blocks would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Rizzo

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed May 10, 2017 4:02 pm

I think the most useful stat for this is the new lineup tracking feature - you can see which lineups have the most positive impact in addition to using steals, blocks and the player's DEF rating. I will look at bringing back the other ratings in the future but it would take some redesigning of the screen to do it.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby andrei » Thu May 11, 2017 7:53 am

Gary Gorski wrote:I think the most useful stat for this is the new lineup tracking feature - you can see which lineups have the most positive impact in addition to using steals, blocks and the player's DEF rating. I will look at bringing back the other ratings in the future but it would take some redesigning of the screen to do it.

Thanks Gary the new lineup tracking screen does look interesting. Let us know the progress of adding the defensive metrics back
andrei

Postby Cleasby » Sat May 13, 2017 7:41 am

Sounds good. I would really like to see PA/SF tofc and stp% back in future versions.

It is great to see lineup impacts but I would like to know about individual player defence too. As this helps when trading and setting lineups in the first place.
Cleasby

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed May 17, 2017 8:31 am

Well there is the DEF rating along with the STL and BLK rating that will give you an idea about the defensive ability of the player - the other stats wouldn't be there either when making a lineup or trading in the first place so outside of those ratings I'm not sure what else could be done prior to stats to indicate the defensive ability of a player
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2017 General Discussion