Changing Names and other Fantasy Stuff

Changing Names and other Fantasy Stuff

Postby billyfulton17 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:31 pm

Okay, I tried to go back and figure this out, but I haven't found what I'm looking for yet...

For a few years I've been running a fantasy league via Excel files (fantasy in that everything is made up except players stats, like I have a player with Kevin Durant's stat line currently on the Bucks, but has totally different name, number, contract, etc). I want so badly to move this whole thing into DDS. I've tried getting into the saves database and editing coach names to the coach names I've been using, saved, and booted up the game, and they are the same as they were.

I tried adding the in "nonplayers" on the default database.. no luck.

I've sort of run out of ideas, and I'm very discouraged. Any help would be awesome.
billyfulton17

Re: Changing Names and other Fantasy Stuff

Postby rawr123456787654 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:00 am

"Export/Import" files in commissioner mode. Edit that, import it once you're back in. I don't think you can really "add" players to the excel without error; I'd just look for a generated player by the game that's really weak and use him. Edit his height up, stats, etc, boom, you're set. You can even change the name without going into excel. Hope this helps!
rawr123456787654

Postby billyfulton17 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:31 pm

Thank you, I figure this out, now, is there a was to change histories? Like to go into a coach's profile and change the # of career wins?
billyfulton17

Postby thirdsaint » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:46 pm

billyfulton17 wrote:Thank you, I figure this out, now, is there a was to change histories? Like to go into a coach's profile and change the # of career wins?

I don't believe so for coaches. It's a sacrifice I had to make as well. You can at least change their names and tendencies.
thirdsaint

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2017 General Discussion