Mods

Mods

Postby JCastelli10 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:19 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am completely new to this series and am really excited about it, but I'm somewhat of a computer game novice. Can someone point me in the right direction as how to get player faces, logos, etc. loaded into the game? I checked the 2016 board, but I didn't see anything that helped me.

Thanks!
JCastelli10

Re: Mods

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:59 pm

Sure - if you find where the game is installed on your computer (probably C:/Wolverine Studios/DDSPB17) you'll see a folder called graphics. Open that up and there will be a whole bunch of folders. You will see one for courts, logos, jerseys etc...the easiest thing to do is just replace those files with the files you want to use (just name your real files the same name and overwrite) - of course if you like our default, fictional graphics you can add the new ones in as new names and then when you start a league go to the Team Info screen for each team and choose the logos, jerseys and court you want to use.

Player faces are a little different - in the graphics folder there is a "players" folder. Directly in the players folder you will want to place the photos with the naming convention Firstname_Lastname.jpg - then the next time you load up your league it will scan that folder and match the players in your league to the names of the files in that folder and will display them.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby JCastelli10 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:05 pm

This is great, thanks so much!
JCastelli10

Postby Rocko » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:01 pm

I prepared updated NBA team logos :)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... kQ4MVlmNEU

I will update my old court files, too.
Rocko

Postby C-Bailey24 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:00 pm

Rocko wrote:I prepared updated NBA team logos :)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... kQ4MVlmNEU

I will update my old court files, too.

Thanks in advance.
C-Bailey24

Postby Double Dribble » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:41 pm

Two questions:

I would like to replace the fictional player pictures with pictures of real nba players. The fictional players are named using numbers so I can just replace the numbered fictional pictures with my nba pictures using the same numbering system and the game will adjust accordingly...so far so good.

My question is: The game skips from 101 to 501 in the naming of fictional pictures. If I put in a picture that has the number 222 for instance, will the game use it? Or will it only use the default numbers in the fictional player folder?

2nd question:

Is it possible to replace the background splash screens for pregame, halftime and post game? I thought it could be fun to try to put in a real world studio splash screen from tnt or something like that.
Double Dribble

Postby Gary Gorski » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:27 pm

No if the numbers are not there the game will not pick them up and no you cannot replace any screen images
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby kentcol » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:04 pm

Will these mods be available in the Steam workshop? If not, can they be used on the Steam version?
kentcol

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:24 pm

We are not supplying any of the mods so I would say no to anything on Steam but they will work the same with the Steam version as this version
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby kentcol » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:39 pm

Okay, thanks Gary.
kentcol

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2017 Mods