Creating a new team

Creating a new team

Postby retpopspective » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:06 pm

Let's say i wanted to add a new team to the game. How hard would that be? Can I add a new team without eliminating any existing teams? Even if I had to overwrite a team basically where would I start. I am asking because I am considering starting a dynasty blog to introduce people to the game and I am trying to see if its worth the time and effort for me.
retpopspective

Re: Creating a new team

Postby francua4 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:55 pm

You can't add a team to the game, but you can create over an existing one.

You should be able to click on the team you'd like to swap out and find the Team Configuration section. From there you can make adjustments to name, logo, and all that other stuff.
francua4

Postby truebatman » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:36 pm

retpopspective wrote:Let's say i wanted to add a new team to the game. How hard would that be? Can I add a new team without eliminating any existing teams? Even if I had to overwrite a team basically where would I start. I am asking because I am considering starting a dynasty blog to introduce people to the game and I am trying to see if its worth the time and effort for me.

I'm new to playing around with this so I could be totally wrong, but thus far it looks like you can add teams. In the team file is where I was able to do it. I just typed the exact same stuff that is down for each team, but where the team school was I inserted a different school, made sure the ID was one not being used and it showed up after I started a new association. I haven't even tried playing a week yet so I still could get an error I don't know, but so far so good (fingers are crossed)
truebatman

Postby AKH » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:59 am

I would not recommend adding teams in the xml, you will very likely get crashes and/or other problems, for example because of scheduling.
AKH

Postby truebatman » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:52 pm

Ha ha yeah you're right... I haven't had a problem with just the adding one team, simmed a couple weeks no problem but of course that doesn't mean I wouldn't have had issues a little more down the line. But when I try more than one I get an error everytime so oh wellllll, it worth a fun try I guess!
truebatman

Postby JDB » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:36 pm

If you were to create a custom schedule that matches the new league format after adding teams to the xml file and import it using the import schedule feature, would that work?
JDB

Return to DDS: College Football 2017 Mods