D1-AA Teams

D1-AA Teams

Postby historybeast » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:36 pm

I am thinking of creating a fresh from scratch mod for D1-AA teams (the lesser teams like the Ivy League or Big Sky) and I was wondering if this might at all be possible to do a file for this or if it would just end up being a waste of time? I know there was an earlier post about adding teams already to the team.xml file (but the devs said that would not work due to schedule conflicts or something like that) so I am just wondering if I started with a brand new teams.xml file and went from there to make a mod for D1-AA teams and possibly move on to making a scratch file for D2 and D3 as well.
historybeast

Re: D1-AA Teams

Postby Robmeister89 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:59 pm

The only way I can see this working is if you just overwrite the Conferences/Teams with D1-AA Conferences/Teams with the same number in each Conference. That would definitely work. However, if you add teams or take away teams you'll end up breaking the game and you'll have to delete the mod as it won't work.
Robmeister89

Postby historybeast » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:05 pm

Robmeister89 wrote:The only way I can see this working is if you just overwrite the Conferences/Teams with D1-AA Conferences/Teams with the same number in each Conference. That would definitely work. However, if you add teams or take away teams you'll end up breaking the game and you'll have to delete the mod as it won't work.

The three main things that I have an issue with though is temp, play style, and prestige (I have no clue how the devs even figured that out for each team) Plus I guess I would have to make a new folder for the logos as well
historybeast

Postby Robmeister89 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:13 pm

As far as prestige goes you could use ESPN to check their previous years standings and create a formula to determine their prestige on their amount of wins during that time. Just an idea. And yeah, you would have to create a folder with all the logos in it and direct the teams.xml to that folder. Temp and Play Style.. just leave them be?
Robmeister89

Postby historybeast » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:42 pm

Robmeister89 wrote:As far as prestige goes you could use ESPN to check their previous years standings and create a formula to determine their prestige on their amount of wins during that time. Temp and Play Style.. just leave them be?

Of course now the question becomes, what formula? Lol how much algebra will I have to end up using on this? Haha
historybeast

Postby Robmeister89 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:45 pm

Just something simple.. maybe all their wins in the last 5 or so season multiplied by 1.5 or something.. I dunno.. something to get the highest win teams to around 90 and the lowest win teams around 50-60...
Robmeister89

Return to DDS: College Football 2017 Mods