Historical Association #3

Re: Historical Association #3

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:08 pm

11/13: 70-67. They simply would not give up! We never trailed but they dominated the 2nd half in a comeback attempt that came very close to succeeding.

They took a three point shot in the final seconds that rolled around the edge of the basket twice before falling out. 20 for Drew Leed. Sand, Mill, and Moss all played very well inside. +23 RBs was the difference. 22 TOs was awful, and believe me, it will be the largest issue in tomorrow’s practice!

#4 seed Houston in the 2nd round. They looked good in their opener.

11/15: 63-61. We were down 12 midway through the 2nd half, when we finally started playing well. This was a defensive struggle- we shot 32.8%, they shot 31.6%. The game came down to one shot. Jay Brax, who had played well at PG, took the shot, a 17 footer. He was well defended, but he managed to make it, and we won by 2. No one really stood out for us, but 7 players had between 6 and 13 (Brax). The statistics were close in all categories. We had 13 TOs, which was definitely an improvement, but not good enough.

It is too early to tinker with the lineup, but if Brax plays this way in our next game, he will start afterward.

#16 seed Virginia Tech has upset both the #1 and the #8 seed. We play them in the semifinal game. On paper this should not be difficult but they are playing very well, we are not. The tournament has been rife with upsets. It is #15 vs. #11 in the other game.

11/17: 71-64. We were down 8 with 11:22 to play. We then turned the game around, primarily by making 9 of 11 shots, and stealing the ball three times. 15, 9 for Mill. 17 for Leed, but he is simply taking lots of shots. He isn’t shooting for a good percentage. 15 TOs, but they had 20. We have yet to play the type of ball I thought I would see.

#11 seed Hawaii for the title. Another game that should be a walkover, but again, they’re playing well, we are not.

11/19: 74-60 in a game that we dominated all the way. We led by as many as 28, and we never trailed. 20 for Leed, 15, 6 for PF Tobe Sand, 13, 5 for Mill.
Best of all- 7 TOs.

11/20: We’re #4 in the country. I think that is a bit optimistic, but it’s wonderful for the program.

All 5 recruits signed! We were worried about 2 of them so this is great news!

Jay Brax has earned the starting position at PG. Asaf Hoff has earned the SF spot, but Pat Moss will get equal minutes. Joon and Hart have dropped out of the picture, at least for now. Sand and Mill are playing very well. While Drew Leed is our most prolific scorer he is shooting only 33.9%, 25% on threes.
That needs to improve. But he is a shooter, and missing does not discourage him. I suspect his % will improve.

4 ranked teams before conf. play begins, but all 4 games are here.

12/4: 7-1, #6, RPI #3. #11 UCLA beat us here, too easily.

Wilson becomes the first President to travel to Europe while in office. He’s there for the beginning of the peace conference. Troops are slowly trickling home, but it will take some time to get all of them back.

12/25: 11-1, #7, RPI #3. +10.8 PPG, +6.5 RBs, +4.5 TOs. Leeds has hit his stride. His PPG is up to 21.3, and his shooting % is up to .393 and climbing. Mill is getting 10 RBs per game, and Sand 8.5.

The peace talks continue. Josephus says they are very important. England and France want to be VERY punitive toward Germany. Josephus thinks that’s a terrible idea. He says the Germans must be allowed to be economically stable or another war will result soon.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:08 pm

1/1/1919: 13-1, 2-0. Great start to conf. play.

I met someone over the holidays. As I’ve said, I am introduced to an eligible young woman at every family function, or neighborhood social gathering. I don’t attend many of either, given my schedule, but our family always get together at the holidays.

Miss Dorothea Lowell was the woman in question on this occasion. I was seated next to her at dinner and she was a wonderful dinner companion. She knew how to speak, to show interest, to interact with me without being either too pushy or too aloof. She is very well read, has a keen understanding of local, national, and world politics. She is a suffragist but not a man hater. And yes, she is very, very attractive.

But she is only 26 years old. She offered that, I know better than to ask. Still, she made it clear that she is interested (subtly), and amazingly enough, so am I.

I truly do not think a 20 year age difference is a good idea, but I seem to be willing to move forward anyway. I am away for a few days, but we made plans to meet for tea on the 5th.

The subject of basketball never arose.

1/15: 16-2, 5-1. #6, RPI #2. We lost at Cincy on a night when we didn’t defend well at all. Tied for 1st with Cincy and UConn; Houston is one back. Leeds is averaging 21.6.

I have seen Dorothea three times. Each time we have really gotten on well. Long courtships do not much exist in this day and age. I want Dorothea to spend some time with the children. If all goes well, we will discuss how she feels about taking on 7 sons, one of whom is less than ten years her junior. At that point it will be time to discuss marriage.

Prohibition is in full force. It is already a mess.

1/29: 20-2, 9-1, #7, RPI #7. +13.8 PPG, +6.6 RBs, +5.5 TOs (11.5). 1 up on Cincy, 2 on UConn and Houston.

Leed is #12 on the Norton list. He is getting 21.1 PPG. Sand is #28.

2/3: I proposed to Dorothea last night- actually asked her father for her hand, but I checked with her first. We will marry in May.

2/12: 23-3, 12-2, tied for 1st with #20 Cincy, 2 or more up on the rest with 4 to play, 3 at home. #7, RPI #6.

Leed falls to #17 on the Norton list.

2/26: We end the regular season at 27-3, 16-2, #7, RPI #6. +14.3 PPG, +7.4 RBs, +4.9 TOs. We win the AA by 2. Leed ends with 20.9 PPG. Mill has 9.5 RBs.

Heading to the post season with high hopes and high expectations.
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:42 am

3/9: #8 seed SMU, 11-17, 5-13, in the quarter finals.

3/10: 71-57. 20, 10 for Sand, 12, 9 for Mill. Great D held them to 30.7%.

#4 seed UConn, 20-8, 12-6, in the semifinals. We won by 24 here, lost by 10 there. We feel we should win this game.

3/11: 75-63. 20, 8 for Sand, 15, 11 for Mill, 21 for Leed. +11 RBs. We played a great 2nd half.

#2 seed, #21 ranked Cincinnati, 22-7, 14-4, for the title. They won by 17 there, then last week we won by 26 here.

3/12: 80-79. What a game! They led by as many as 14. We never led by more than 4. At the end we out scored them 7-1 for the win. We won it outside, 19 for Leed, 16 for sub guard Ed Hays, 10, 2, 10 for Brax, 10 for SF Asaf Hoff, all outside.

30-3, 16-2, regular season and tourney champs. #7, RPI #6. We’ll probably get a #2 but we’re hoping for a #1.

#2 South. We play #15 New Orleans, 18-12. It’s not a bad bracket. Let’s see if we can avoid last year’s disaster!

3/17: 76-64. We led all the way. 14, 12, 6 for Mill. Three players had 13 each. +12 RBs.

This was our 31st win, the most ever for me as a coach!

#7 seed Illinois, 20-10, in the 2nd round. On paper it it’s a walkover, but it isn’t always that simple.

3/19: 89-64. It was a walkover. 25 for Leed. All 5 starters had 10 or more. 7 TOs.

#3 seed, #10 ranked Alabama, 26-7, in the Sweet Sixteen. They are solid inside and good outside. We’ll need to play good ball. We have never gotten past this round.

3/24: 77-63! We led by as many as 22, and led for the last 30 minutes. 26, 8 for Asaf Hoof, his best game as a college player. 23, 9 for Leed, 8, 10 for Mill.

We are in our first ever Elite Eight. We face #1 seed, #3 ranked Duke, 31-2. This will be a huge challenge. They may be the best inside team in the country. But my inside players are very good. I think we have a chance, perhaps not a great chance, but a chance.

Peace negotiations in Paris. It is a real battle between those wanting a reasonable settlement that will allow Germany to rebuild its ruined economy, and those set on punishing Germany and leaving the country destitute. Josephus is very concerned.

3/26: 70-85. We did fine inside. 17 TOs, 33.3% shooting, and bench play did us in. The shooting was caused in large part by Duke’s great defense. 24 for Leed.

Great season. Most wins ever, and first trip to the round of 8!

Now to prepare for a wedding!

4/3: Kansas yet again wins the title. That’s 4 in a row.

4/4: Awards: PF Toby Sand is AA Frosh OY and 1st team. Juniors Drew Leed and Clif Mill join him. I won Conf. COY.

4/9: Michigan, North Carolina, and Wake Forest all call about their Head Coach position. North Carolina is tempting. The program is in terrible shape, but everything is there that would provide the opportunity to turn it around.

4/12: Dorothea and I took the train to Chapel Hill. We loved everything about the campus, thee facilities, the people… But we’re staying here. I feel that we can compete for a national title either next year or the year after.

4/16: Offered my #1 a $40,000 raise. He bolted for a head coach job anyway. It’s FL ST and that’s a good school. I can’t blame him.

I need both a #1 and a #2.

I signed a good #2, but only a decent #1. Oh well, we’re set for a few years.

4/23: I ask for the facilities upgrade I didn’t get last season. Got it. We will go from B- to B+ when the upgrades are completed.

Thinking about moving up to a stronger conference.

33-4, 16-2, Elite Eight. Great recruiting class coming in- #25, 34, 40, 44, 50. Overall, I’m 307-91, .771 for 12 seasons. Not bad!
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:02 pm

5/1: We buy the national gold.

#22 in the first preseason poll.

We’re moving. Negotiating with the SEC and the Big 12.

5/3: We’ve moved to the SEC.

5/4: I’m married. In a small ceremony held here at our home, and with both families here to support us we were wed. My boys all love Dorothea, and they seemed very happy about the whole thing. We will go to our Galilee home for a brief honeymoon.

6/5: Lots of very good looking transfers. We have room for one.

6/12: We get a very good looking SG from UCLA.

6/26: 4 scholarships. We want 3 inside players.

6/28: TheTreaty of Versailles has been signed, officially ending the war and giving terms for surrender. The Germans have no choice but to sign. Here’s what Josephus had to say:

“Mark my words there will be a huge economic downturn, starting in Germany and then going worldwide, and there will be another World War in less than a generation.”

Josephus says things will go up economically before they go down. He will do all that he can to take advantage of that but will pull out before the first sign of trouble and protect our investments in every way possible.

I still try to get him to think about philanthropic measures we can take. We have established “The Grayson Trust,” and it does a great deal to provide college scholarships and living stipends for economically disadvantaged young men. I want to do more, especially more to help the poor.

Married life is beginning well. I am enchanted with Dorothea’s intelligence. Our conversations are always stimulating. She reads a great deal and is very analytical in her reading. She gives me food for thought on a daily basis. She is beautiful, warm, witty, and charming, as well as very, very intelligent. I will always love Flora, but that love does not threaten my love for Dorothea in any way.

8/7: Senior guard Drew Leed is #19 and soph inside player Tobe Sand #50 on the Norton list.

8/21: We offer to a PG, a PF, and 2 Cs. One or two are longshots.

9/18: Got 2, lost 2. Got a PG, #13, and a C, #20.

At the JAG Holiday vs. Nebraska. Good teams won’t play us. I’m amazed. We were only able to schedule one ranked team, and few better than ***.

9/25: Got a C, #35. Lost a PF. One to go.

10/2: Lost another one but we have our eye on a very good looking C from Canada.

1st day of practice. I like what I see, but at least at this point I don’t think we’re quite as good as last year’s team. Time and hard work may change that.

We’re picked 10th. Well, the SEC is a tough conference, but I think we’ll do much better than 10th.

10/9: Got the last one, a C, #39.

There seems to be some question regarding the legitimacy of the recently concluded baseball World Series. Allegations, or at least rumors, are saying the Chicago White Sox may have allowed Cincinnati to win. This would be a terrible thing for all of us who are involved in sports. I hope it will prove to be simply an idle rumor.

I love my new wife more every day. She tells me we will be parents sometime in March.

11/6: 9 man rotations:

Seniors Ed Hays and Drew Leed start at guard, Hays at PG, backing up at SG. Juco junior Cory Rome and frosh Itag Mpeb back up at PG. Bob Bett is hoping for minutes.

Junior Pat Moss is at SF with senior Asaf Hoff supporting.

Soph Tobe Sand and senior Clif Mill are back inside with frosh Ed Howe backing them.

It’s a very solid lineup.

Flora had very easy pregnancies, all of them. Dorothea is having a much harder time. She is clearly suffering. I hate to see it.
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:04 am

11/20: 2-0. PF Tobe Sand and SG Drew Leed were both on fire in both games.

One of our recruits didn’t sign. That means we will lose him. We’re chasing a big man again.

12/4: 4-1. Lost at Memphis. They held our big scorers down and we had 21 TOs, which had not been a problem until that game.

12/22: 7-1. Easy wins.

Off to the JAG Holiday vs. Nebraska.

12/23: 79-62. 25, 6 for Leed, 20, 13 for Mill, 13, 10 for Sand. 7 TOs.

#6 seed Iowa, 4-5, in the semifinals.

12/24: 83-65. Up 20 at the half. 26 for Leed, 17, 13 for Sand.

#1 seed, #11 ranked Arizona, 10-0, for the title. They’re good, but if we can hold their bench in check we have a shot.

12/25: 81-67. We led most of the way, by as many as 19. 17, 10 for Sand, 17, 4, 2, 3 for Leed. 11 TOs.

Going to SEC play at 10-1, #19, RPI #17. +17.6 PPG, +10.2 RBs, +5.9 TOs (10.6). Leed gets 22.5 PPG, Mill gets 10.0 RBs. 16.1, 9.5 for Sand. Hoff is going to start at SF for Moss.

Dorothea is still having a difficult time with the confinement. She gets all swollen at times, and she is uncomfortable all of the time. Less than three months to go but I’m sure it feels like forever. I take as much time from work as I can to be with her, and with the children, but really, there is so little I can do. I hate the helpless feeling.
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:31 am

3/8: VERY tough 1st round matchup against #5 seed, #7 ranked Kentucky, 24-6, 13-5. We did beat them by 18 at our place but that will NOT be easy to repeat. We can win this game but it won’t be easy!

3/9: 74-67. We never trailed, led by 14 at the half, and by as many as 21. I rested my starters and they caught up a bit at the end. 26 for Leed, 14 for Hoff, 8, 13 for Mill. +13 TOs.

#1 seed, #6 Missouri, 26-5, 15-3, in the semifinal game. We won by 20 at home, lost by 28 there. We feel that if we play well we have a good chance.

3/10: 75-64. Even at the half. Then the shots started dropping. 16, 6, 7 for Leed, 11, 14 for Mill, 11, 6 for Asaf, 11, 5, 5 for Hays, 13 for Pat Moss from the bench. +6 TOs.

#3 seed, #15 ranked Florida, 21-8, 13-5, for the title. Their PG is the #2 player in the country. They beat us by 13 at our place; our only home loss.

3/11: 78-71 and the title and a possible #1 seed! Never in my wildest dreams! 18, 12 for Sand, 17, 9 for Mill, 13, 5, 4 for backup guard Itag Mpeb. +20 RBs, only -2 TOs to a very guard oriented team. Great win!

26-6, 13-5, tournament winners. #9, RPI #7, so a #1 may be unrealistic.

3/12: #2 Midwest. We play #15 Lipscomb, 19-11. Not that tough a bracket until and unless we get to the top- #1 Kansas.

3/16: 68-64. We didn’t play very well. They were up by 14 early in the 2nd half before we finally woke up. 19, 7 for Leed16, 8 for Mill. +8 TOs. We won it at the line.

#7 seed Wake Forest, 23-8, in round 2. This shapes up to be a close game.

3/18: 75-64. Up 20 at the half. An easier game than expected. 28, 6 for Leed, 19, 6 for Hoff. +11 RBs. #3 seed, #11 ranked UCLA, 24-10, in the Sweet Sixteen.

Their SG is a 1st team All American. We’ll need to play very well.

3/23: 58-68. They went to the line 4 times, we went 7. -12 RBs. 20 for Leed, 17, 5 for Hoff. They were the better team tonight.

Bubonic plague in India. Frightening.

Dorothea is herself again, full of energy, wit, enthusiasm for life. We mustn’t have any more children. I do not want to risk losing her.

We decide to move forward quickly with The Grayson Trust’s efforts to help youn mothers living in poverty. Dorothea and a friend will head it up. They will hire a staff to find mothers in need and they will help them, financially, but also regarding how to raise their children. Many of them have no idea how to go about it. We are setting aside 10 million dollar4s a year for this project. We consistently earn a good deal more than that.

3/26: We decided to offer to a PF a few weeks ago. Today we got him- #83.

4/3: Kansas again. 5 in a row.

4/4: Awards: Drew Leed, Tobe Sand and Clif Mill made SEC 2nd team. I was named Conf. COY.

4/9: Some really good schools want me. Not going anywhere.

4/23: I ask for a budget increase. Got $16,000.

28-7, 13-5, Sweet Sixteen. Overall, I’m 335-98, .774.
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:04 pm

5/1: We purchase the national gold.

6/5: No one of interest in the transfer pool.

6/26: 3 scholarships. We want 3 guards.

8/7: PF Tobe Sand is #25 and PG Matt Ando is #48 on the Norton list.

We’re making great progress with The Grayson Trust. We expect to begin actually helping people within the month.

8/21: We offer to 3 PGs. One is a long shot.

9/18: Got one, lost one. Got #36, lost #1.

NIT vs. #4 Kentucky. Good teams co9ntinue to avoid us.

The Grayson Trust is fully operational. Dorothea is very excited about her work with the organization.

9/25: We get the other 2 PGs, #37 and #62.

10/2: 1st day of practice. We’re predicted to finish 3rd in conf.

11/6: 7 man rotation:

We’re not settled at guard. Three players will share the time all but equally:

Frosh Matt Ando starts at PG, soph Itag Mpeb starts at SG but plays more at PG, and senior Cory Rome fills in at SG.

The rest of the lineup seems to be settled, we’ll see:

Junior Ara Smat, a transfer from UCLA, is at SF. He looks very good.

Our best player, junior Tobe Sand, starts at PF and plays some C.

Soph Ed Howe is at C.

Redshirt frosh Moe Owen subs at all three inside spots.

Senior guard Bob Bett, who has never lived up to expectations, and senior PF/C Pat Moss are hoping for minutes.

The Grayson Trust is doing very well. Dorothea says many women and children are benefitting greatly here in Massachusetts, and at least as many in the New York City area.

One of the key aspects is corporate fund raising. The Trust will be able to cover a wider area if this is successful. The hope is to go nationwide in time, but
Dorothea says this is a long term goal. She also says she has met with some success in her fundraising efforts. She is a dynamo at this.

We have thus far avoided an unwanted pregnancy. Dorothea’s connection to the suffragist movement has been tremendously helpful in this.
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:15 pm

11/13: We go to the NIT tomorrow to face #4 Kentucky. This will be a challenge but it will tell us how far we have progressed to this point.

Women got the vote nationally and were able to vote in the recent Presidential election. Warren G. Harding won by a landslide. Josephus says Harding is a fool, and is in WAY over his head. He will be manipulated by those around him. Our family continues to be disappointed by the republican party. But it is difficult to severe our ties with them, since we have been with them for so long.

A professional football league, the first ever, has been founded. I’m not much interested in the sport.

And the baseball scandal, now called the “Black Sox scandal, has had a horrible effect on all of sports. Trust was violated. The 8 players involved have all been suspended for life, which was necessary. It is clear that they took money to allow the other team to win.

Prohibition is already a national failure, even a disaster. Illegal alcohol has become very popular with many people, and saloons called “Speakeasies” have popped up everywhere. People are making and selling homemade beer, gin, and other beverages. Alcohol consumption is skyrocketing. Very sadly, some of the homemade alcohol is causing blindness, madness, and even death in those who consume it.

11/14: 78-68! It was close all the way. The biggest lead by either team was 6 until we scored the last 4 points. 18, 10 for Sand, 14, 7 for Pat Moss, who wasn’t expected to play much, but we put him in and he produced, so he played 17 minutes. Ed Howe’s foul trouble was a factor. 42 RBs and only 4 TOs.
Great start!

#11 seed, #22 ranked New Mexico upset #6.

11/16: 65-54. Great D all the way. 15, 6 for Sand, 16, 3, 3 for Ara Smat at SF. 41 RBs, 12 TOs.

#2 seed, #2 ranked Syracuse in the semifinal game- yes, the NIT has both the #1 and #2 ranked teams. The Orange have 4 genuine superstars.

11/18: 66-83. We never quit but they were the better team tonight. 17, 4, 6 for4 Mpeb, 13, 14, for Sand, 11, 12 for Center Ed Howe, 11, 7 for Smat, 40 RBs, 12 TOs, but we couldn’t keep up with them; their SG had 42 and 14! Still, it was a very good tournament for us, and we’ll get better!

11/20: 2-1, #16. I think we deserve that ranking!

All 3 recruits sign.

We have 6 straight home games coming up, and 7 of 8. This makes me think next year’s schedule will involve a great deal of travel.

Speaking of travel, we normally go by train, which has gotten better and better over the years. It is still smoky and dusty, but screens and windows help. In warm weather it is suffocating to close the windows. The screens keep out most of the dust and dirt, but they do not do a thing about the smoke from the engines, of course. Still, we use our own train. The beds are comfortable, and the food is good, and plentiful.

Occasionally, for very long trips, which only happens at tournament time, we fly. None of us like it, and many are uncomfortable with the idea, but it gets us where we are going far more quickly. I suspect that over the years we will fly more and more.

12/4: 6-1. #11. 4 easy wins against 4 fair teams. The good ones won’t play us. Ara Smat leads us in scoring with 16.4. Sand gets 13.3 and 8.6. Mpeb and Ando have emerged at guard and they’ll get most of the time.

12/25: 10-1, #8. RPI #1, which is ridiculous. +13.1 PPG, +9.5 RBs, +3.5 TOs. All 5 starters averaging 10.0 or more.
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:05 pm

1/1/1921: 2-0 start to SEC play. #8. I can see us winning 14, even 15 in conf. this season.

1/15: 15-2, 5-1, #7, RPI #3. Lost to #6 Kentucky, there. Tied with them and #13 Florida for 1st. 4 teams 1 game back. It’s early. Still 5 starters getting between 10.0 and 13.5, and we’re #4 in the nation in TOs, #5 in RBs. Our bench is not hurting us at all.

1/29: 17-4, 7-3. #9, RPi #4. +10.8 PPG, +8.8 RBs, +1.8 TOs. Tough stretch. Alone in 4th, 1 back of 2nd, 2 back of 1st. Favorable schedule the rest of the way.

We could win all, and should win all but one.

Tobe Sand is #27 on the Norton list. Underrated.

2/12: 21-4, 11-3, #9, RPI #2. Alone in 2nd, one back of 1st, 1 up on 4th place FL, #12. 4 to play, 3 at home, but one of those against #4 ranked KY.

2/26: We end the regular season 25-4, 15-3, #9, RPI #2. +12.2 PPG, +8.0 RBs, +2.8 TOs. Alone in 2nd place in the SEC behind Kentucky, who we just beat by 9 here.
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:12 pm

3/7: Playing #7 seed, #21 ranked Florida, 20-10, 10-8, in the quarter finals. They beat us by 4 there, but we think we’re better.

3/8: 69-58. 16 point lead at the half. 5 players had 10 or more. 41 RBs, 12 TOs.

#3 seed, #12 ranked Missouri, 22-7, 13-5, in the semifinals. Their PG is hurt but he’ll play. Beat them by 9 at our place.

3/9: 65-60, but it wasn’t that close. We were up by 12 at the half. 19, 9 for Howe, 15, 7, 3 for Mpeb, 10, 10, 4 for Smat, 8, 11 for Sand. 49 and 12.

#1 seed, #4 ranked Kentucky, 26-3, 16-2, for the title. We’ve beaten 2 of 3 this season, by 10 in the NIT, by 9 here. Lost by 11 there. It won’t be easy to do it again, but it can be done!

3/10: 67-65! We held them to 30% shooting. Most other stats, except fouls were very close. Our Center, Ed Howe fouled out in only 17 minutes. Still, we hit shots when we needed to, including 3 by Tobe Sand in the last minute, including the winner. He had 16 and 11. 13, 11 for Smat. Heck of a game!

Let’s see if we get respected by the selection committee this season. We didn’t last year.

28-4, 15-3, #6, RPI #2.

3/12: #1 South. We play Penn, 18-11. This is a great bracket for us!

3/17: 91-65. Never a game. 23, 9, 4 for Smat, 22, 4, 5 for Howe, 17 for Ando. +12 RBs.

#8 seed Pitt, 18-12, in the 2nd round.

3/19: 69-61. They were pesky. Then we went on a big run and built the lead to 17. They chipped away but there was never any danger. 14, 12 for Sand, 9, 11, 3 for Owen, 13, 6 for Smat. +16 RBs.

#4 seed, #21 ranked North Carolina, 24-10, in the Sweet Sixteen. It will be their backcourt vs. our frontcourt. We think we’re the better team.

3/24: 94-86 in OT. We were down as many as 18. Terrific comeback topped off by Mpeb’s three at the end of regulation. Then we dominated the overtime. 29-10 for Howe, 15, 4, 5 for Mpeb, 13, 5, 3 for Ando. +22 RBs. 18 TOs, but they had 16.

#11 seed Ball ST, 23-10. has defeated #6, #3, #7. We play them for a trip to the Final Four. It would be our first. Very excited. On paper this is a walkover, but they’re hot right now.

3/26: 83-48. It was a walkover. 26, 11 for Smat, 20, 6 for Howe, 12, 13 for Sand. +19 RBs, 8 TOs.

The Final Four. It’s like a dream! We play #4 Kentucky, 30-4, for the fifth time. We’re 3-1 against them. We’re the underdog, by 2.5 points.

4/1: 80-99. Not tonight. Their guards just ate us up.

Great season! And we’re not losing any starters.

4/3: A new champ! Syracuse KILLED KY, 98-61.

4/4: Awards: Ara Smat and Ed Howe made SEC 2nd team. I was named Conf. COY. I appreciate that but I would rather more of my players were honored.

Still, it’s an elite conference.

4/9: Arizona, Louisville, North Carolina, And Oklahoma ST all keep calling about their coaching vacancies. I am honored… and not interested. Our TP is up to
76, and we just made the Final Four. I’m happy here!

4/23: I ask for another budget increase. No.

32-5, 15-3, Final Four. Great season. Overall, I’m 367-103, .781.
Wayne23

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2017 Dynasty Reports