Bloomington's Real World FULL Mod

Bloomington's Real World FULL Mod

Postby bloomington » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:42 pm

The FULL Mod contains all historical data for schools.

VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure you change the year in the initial setup screen FROM 2017 TO 2016. ALSO name the four post season tournaments 1) NCAA 2) NIT 3) CBI and 4) CIT
- its important to do this so all historical data makes sense and there is no gap in stats. i will change the dating convention next edition of the game to correct this long standing issue.

Like the LIGHT mod, this mod contains all real schools, venues, logos and courts. However this mod is intended for those that want a more authentic NCAA experience. In addition to logos, courts and real schools, this mod has a full historical aspect as well. I have included standings since 2000 for all conferences, historical national award winners, past tournament champions for all conferences and tournaments. In addition, there are real hall of fame retired coaches which you can click on to bring up their season by season records to compare yourself with the greats! Like the out of the box game this includes the historical records for schools (again which are an out of the box feature and fit well with this mod).

I went further this year by making all the pre and midseason tournaments real NCAA tournaments with a full history found in the almanac section BUT to enjoy this feature the end user has to do a little manual work by renaming the tournaments to match the historical data and real courts.

So whats involved? If you go to the top of the screen in the game you will find the "options" button. Click it. When you do you will see Gary has given us more tournaments and even greater flexibility to name those tournaments as well (except for 2 locked courts due to coding restrictions). To integrate the real courts and the history, it only makes sense to name the courts to those tournaments which match the court and historical champions so I have prepared a list of the default tournament names and the real world tournament name you should change it to. All you have to do is change the name of the tournament and click publish. The end result will be that you will then have the name, appropriate court and matching historical info all aligned. Here is the list of the out of the box default tournaments, and the names they should be changed to....

1. Coaches Classic TO 2K Sports Classic
2. Preseason NIT TO (no need to change this one)
3. Hawaiian Shootout TO Maui Invitational
4. MS Midwest TO CBE Hall of Fame Classic (although this is locked you can at least know this is the tournament I used)
5. Alaskan Shootout TO Great Alaska Shootout
6. Sunshine Shootout TO Puerto Rico Tipoff
7. Las Vegas Winter Jam TO Las Vegas Invitational
8. JAG Holiday TO Coaches vs Cancer (also cannot change the name to this one)
9. Tipoff in Paradise TO Battle 4 Atlantis
10. Heroes Memorial TO Diamond Head Classic
11. Palmetto TO Barclays Center Classic
12. Golden State Classic TO Emerald Coast Classic
13. Caribbean Challenge TO Direct TV Wooden Legacy
14. Hoops for Troops TO Charleston Classic

Again just rename and click update for each tournament and the rest is taken care of no need to worry about clicking the logo and placing the court. The logic I used for choosing the tournaments was that they had to have an bracket elimination form of tournament not one of those conference vs conference deals..the game is not set up for that

I have not finished updating all the courts and logos for the tournaments SO i stuck in a placeholder NCAA court for those that need to be done. I will get to them and have completed a couple already which I will post in a separate courts thread.

Now that you have read all of that..here is the link to the download (about 280MBS): https://www.dropbox.com/s/0s91ys589f73g ... d.exe?dl=0

Any issues or problems just post em and I'll fix what I can otherwise enjoy and check the board regularly as I update courts and logos etc.

Enjoy!

If anyone would like to make a small contribution for my efforts, please just PM me otherwise much success in your coaching aspirations!
Last edited by bloomington on Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
bloomington
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Bloomington's Real World FULL Mod

Postby C-Bailey24 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:45 pm

You sir are the G.O.A.T.
C-Bailey24

Postby iPrestige » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:09 pm

Hey Bloom,

You have any authentic logos for the tournaments in this mod? If not, do you plan on creating any?
iPrestige

Postby bloomington » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:36 am

short answer is yes i will be creating them. did not have the time to prior to the release of the game. check the forum regularly though.
bloomington

Postby bloomington » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:35 pm

as of 7:30pm Saturday March 4th, the clean Real World mod is posted and good to go...sorry for the inconvenience.

Because there is a change to the default.dat file, its strongly adviced u restart your dynasties or you do risk getting an error later....
bloomington

Postby jalbaugh » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:19 pm

No William & Mary in the mod? I think I installed everything...correct me if I am wrong on this one.
jalbaugh

Postby bloomington » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:22 pm

jalbaugh wrote:No William & Mary in the mod? I think I installed everything...correct me if I am wrong on this one.

I see them in the CAA.
bloomington

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:24 pm

bloomington wrote:
jalbaugh wrote:No William & Mary in the mod? I think I installed everything...correct me if I am wrong on this one.

I see them in the CAA.

Me too...works fine for me.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby jalbaugh » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:24 pm

OK...didn't see them on the list of coaching jobs I could start my association with...sorry for the mistake.
jalbaugh

Postby bloomington » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:26 pm

jalbaugh wrote:OK...didn't see them on the list of coaching jobs I could start my association with...sorry for the mistake.

no worries
bloomington

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2017 Mods