Bloomington's DDSCB2017 Logos and Courts

Re: Bloomington's DDSCB2017 Logos and Courts

Postby bloomington » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:29 pm

cheo25 wrote:These courts are great. I've been playing in demo mode, and I'm pretty close to buying it.

Do you have a template you use for these? I'd be interested in doing some throwback courts and was wondering what you use to create these. Also, do you do jerseys and do you have a template you use for those if you do jerseys?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Hi Cheo,

Thanks for the kind words. First - for the jerseys, I did start making some jerseys (although they are not like the pro game). What I did is I took the squares representing the players and just did my own designs and color schemes. So all you need to do is go to the graphics folder and then the jersey folder and pick out any of the jerseys. I use photoshop and you can easily change things around. Yes its possible to find a jersey shaped image on the internet and use it rather than the blocks Gary has used but I didnt. I have about 50-60 teams that i did if your interested but again, they are the squares and they are for last year. Perhaps I will post if people are interested otherwise I wont bother. Just let me know.

I do have my own template I have used for sometime for the courts. Anyone can make their own template although given how much college courts are changing the template is really just some of the lines and everything else becomes and exercise in creativity and originality. I dont typically give out the template because its something that took sometime to "perfect" if one would call it that, and the courts have ended up in other games whereas I typically do them exclusively for Gary's series but it is possible to manipulate them if you have some knowledge of photoshop so in some ways, the template is there in every court I produce. Thanks.
bloomington
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby bloomington » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:32 pm

HI its been a while since I have posted a court so I thought I could use a bit of a break today and get back in touch with my creativity side and produce a court that has changed dramatically.

Here is Lousiana Lafayette Ragin Cajun's 2017-18 home court (LALAF.jpg) Please place in your school courts folder. If your new to the game or need a refresher, if you installed the game in the default location then you will place this court in the C:\Wolverine Studios\DDSCB2017\graphics\courts folder.

These courts are becoming more showpieces than courts in my opinion, and this is one that is pretty intricate in nature.

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h39ndxqf9o2k4 ... F.jpg?dl=0
bloomington

Postby frankinho » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:25 pm

WOW the work on these courts, absolutely fantastic. Awesome work, and thank you :)
frankinho

Postby PointGuard » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:08 pm

Much appreciated as usual, bloomington!!!!
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby cheo25 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:36 am

bloomington wrote:
cheo25 wrote:These courts are great. I've been playing in demo mode, and I'm pretty close to buying it.

Do you have a template you use for these? I'd be interested in doing some throwback courts and was wondering what you use to create these. Also, do you do jerseys and do you have a template you use for those if you do jerseys?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Hi Cheo,

Thanks for the kind words. First - for the jerseys, I did start making some jerseys (although they are not like the pro game). What I did is I took the squares representing the players and just did my own designs and color schemes. So all you need to do is go to the graphics folder and then the jersey folder and pick out any of the jerseys. I use photoshop and you can easily change things around. Yes its possible to find a jersey shaped image on the internet and use it rather than the blocks Gary has used but I didnt. I have about 50-60 teams that i did if your interested but again, they are the squares and they are for last year. Perhaps I will post if people are interested otherwise I wont bother. Just let me know.

I do have my own template I have used for sometime for the courts. Anyone can make their own template although given how much college courts are changing the template is really just some of the lines and everything else becomes and exercise in creativity and originality. I dont typically give out the template because its something that took sometime to "perfect" if one would call it that, and the courts have ended up in other games whereas I typically do them exclusively for Gary's series but it is possible to manipulate them if you have some knowledge of photoshop so in some ways, the template is there in every court I produce. Thanks.

Thanks for the response, Bloomington. I completely understand about the court template. I'm not the best in the world with Photoshop, which is why I was asking if there was an available template. My biggest concern is lining up and re-coloring things that don't completely wash out the crowd and yet lines up the court to where the game action isn't off.

I took the time to do some of my own jerseys using a program from Justafan from Out of the Park Baseball's boards. They're really more squares than they are jerseys like you've done, but they have wordmarks that sit comfortable above the game numbers for each player, so I'm content with that for now. I did some SEC uniforms, complete with my take on some retro uniforms for Tennessee and Ole Miss (since they both seemed to use similar fonts in the late '70s/early '80s), and Arkansas.

Thanks again for the response, and keep up the great work.
cheo25

Postby bloomington » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:00 pm

Here is the 2017-18 Creighton Blue Jays new home court (OMA.jpg)

Please replace the old with the new or just rename the old one if you dont want to overwrite it for some reason. Lots of small changes along with the "modern" light colour that they covered most of the court in.

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8f7mgvs4c68c77/OMA.jpg?dl=0
bloomington

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2017 Mods