Bloomingtons 2017-18 Real World Coaches Mod

Bloomingtons 2017-18 Real World Coaches Mod

Postby bloomington » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:37 pm

****************** FEBRUARY 4 2018**********************
***********************VERSION 2.0*************************

Only one update here....thanks to Vol4 who pointed out some coaches were wrong I fixed the bug in the code so that the right real world coaches go to the right teams. Unfortunately, due to spending time to fix this I didnt add any planned new updates, but I suppose having the code right gives the foundation moving forward and will allow updating to occur more easily. Just a couple of points to reiterate...place the flle in your game's default save directory and second, when you finish using the coach universe spreadsheet and close it, you will be prompted to save the changes but you should NOT save changes otherwise it throws everything off the next time u wish to use it.

Link is below in the same place as the original so just scroll down to find and enjoy!

BL

I have completed the 2017-18 Real World Coach Mod VERSION 1.0.

This is a tool/spreadsheet I have created to make things hopefully as simple as possible so anyone can use it versus what I have created in the past. Its really very simple. So here are the steps of how to use and put into your games.

Prior to beginning the steps below please download the Excel file, I have put the link below and save it to your C:\Wolverine Studios\DDS CB2017\saves folder. I have hard coded this to work from that file only at this point. You can only use it from that folder. I will in the future make it dynamic so you can place it where u want.

Step 1: Open DDS CB 2017 and create your dynasty like you always do. **If you start as an assistant go to the staff page and see which assistant you are 1, 2 or 3rd assistant and remember it.
2, Upon completing the full set up of your dynasty, go to the options wheel at the top of the screen and click it
3. In the options box you will see the blue button to go to the COMMISSIONERS OFFICE - click it
4. Within the commissioners office, you will see a blue button to EXPORT your DB file - click it. The game will give you a message that it has saved the DB file in your saved folder for the game.
5. Open the COACH UNIVERSE.XLSM file I have created. You will immediately be presented with a box telling you to pick your school as well as a big blue button.
6. Go the "pick your school" box and click the down arrow to be presented with the complete list of schools. Find the school you have chosen to coach at for your dynasty that you just created. The schools are listed in the same order as the default file so thats why they are not in aphabetical order but more or less in alphabetical order by conference. When you find your school, there will be 4 choices. The choice with no number is the head coach position, the choice with a 1 is the 1st assistant, 2 is the 2nd assistant and 3 is the 3rd assistant. PIck the position you have taken at the school
7. Click the box to create your universes.
8. Your universe will be created and you will be presented with a large spreadsheet containing alot of data for all the coaches in the game.
9. Simply COPY the entire region from B2 to BH1508 (so that means you are not copying the school names or the headings at the top). You will end up copying all of the coaches at the schools as well as additional coaches which go into the initial pool of extra coaches in the game.
10. Once you copy this large array, go to the saved games folder for the game at C:\Wolverine Stuidos\DDSCB2017\saves and find the FOLDER with the saved name you gave your dynasty.
11. Open that folder and you will see another folder called "DB". Open that folder.
12. Inside that folder is the saved DB file that you exported. Open it using Access or another database program.
13. Once you open it look to the left side and you will see the names of the tables..choose the COACH table and click it. You will then see all the coaches from your saved game with YOUR coach in the first row.
14. All you want to do here is PASTE that array you coped from Excel. BUT BE CAREFUL - you do NOT want to paste over the first column "COACH ID" so what you need to do is begin in the 2nd column and below the headings, AND YOUR coach.
15. Just click on the first name of the first coach under your coach and then hold the shift key down and press the down arrow and you will highlight all the cells down to the bottom of the table. PLEASE NOTE VERY IMPORTANT...the very last row has a "0" for the coach id you stop highlighting the row above that one. Then while still holding down the shift key hit the right arrow key to highlight all the columns to the end.
16. ********Now that you have everything highlighted (except that very last row) simply go to the clipboard at the top and hit paste. Access will inform you that you are about to paste records into the table..you click ok or yes and it will overwrite all the default coaches with the real world ones, leaving your coach untouched in the top row. Simply save the DB file, close it. Then go back to the Coach Universe file and close it WITHOUT SAVING. If you save the table then the next time you create a new dynasty, it will still have the changes and will throw everything off. Of course in the worst case u can just download it again from my drop box.*********
17 Open DDS CB 2017 , go back to the Commissioiners Office and IMPORT your DB file back into the game ..and enjoy!!

So whats included...

ALL the real coaches for the 2017-18 season. Their career experience (years coaching), total career wins and total career losses. Remember this is version 1.0. I plan on filling more data in such as final four appearances, championships etc etc. I plan on also creating a tool to allow you to pick any coach you wish for any school over its history so you can match up John Wooden vs Bobby Knight for example. This is of course all time dependent. Also impotantly...what is missing in this release are the real world ages for coaches. Many are right, however I used my old spreadsheet and just added a year to their age but coaches have moved etc so some will be wrong. I will update when I have time as well. For now I wanted to get something out for people to use and hopefully (although i have noted it in 17 steps) is really quite simple and is not really 17 steps when you actually do it. Its far easier then what I have done in the past so if you guys used my previous coach mod, this will be a breeze.

WHATS COMING....I am going to before doing a version 2.0 move to creating a REAL WORLD ROSTER for all the schools. So watch out for that coming soon.

BEFORE TRYING THIS IN A SERIOUS GAME..I STRONGLY SUGGEST TRYING IT WITH A DUMMY DYNASTY FIRST JUST TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING GOES WELL AND THE COACHES ARE ALL MATCHED UP WITH CORRECT TEAMS ETC.

Here is the link to the file from my dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8n8v1zkbh71r0 ... .xlsm?dl=0 (please make sure you enable macros for the file to work!)

If you have any questions or issues dont hesitate to ask otherwise please enjoy and if you enjoy the work that I do and feel moved to do so, I do accept donations. Many of you know Im in school and any gift is very much appreciated. I take paypal. Please PM me for my paypal. Thanks to anyone who makes a donation of any size. Its very much appreciated.
Last edited by bloomington on Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 6 times in total.
bloomington
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Real World Coaches Tool/Dashboard

Postby bloomington » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:01 am

1st post updated! Real coach mod has dropped. I will be preparing a real world roster mod next before going back and coding more data into the coach mod for verison 2.0.

Enjoy!
bloomington

Re: Bloomingtons 2017-18 Real World Coaches Mod

Postby rtruesdell » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:03 pm

Bloom, does this mean we should start our league with 2017 instead of 2016 (as originally stated for the Real World mod)?

Also, any chance assistant coaches will be in v 2.0?

THANKS!
rtruesdell

Postby bloomington » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:39 am

rtruesdell wrote:Bloom, does this mean we should start our league with 2017 instead of 2016 (as originally stated for the Real World mod)?

Also, any chance assistant coaches will be in v 2.0?

THANKS!

U raise an interesting question because I have added the head coaches for this year but if you start your dynasty for 2017 to match, I think your going to have a gap in some almanac stats for last season because I know I did not update champions, awards etc . I was not really planning to update those stats at this time because my time is definitely not what it used to be unfortunately. So I have been focusing on automating as much as I can so when the next version does drop, preparing this stuff would be much faster than in the past.

So yes I found a source with all the assistants and that will be in the next version so you would have the complete coaching staff for every school. Hopefully I can have the next version our relatively soon.

Hope that helps.
bloomington

Postby rtruesdell » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:44 pm

Thanks. Yes, that helps. I think I'd rather start in 2016 and just have one season where a few coaches are different (and would then be right the next year).

Looking forward to coaches v. 2.0!
rtruesdell

Postby gnv9212 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:44 pm

Hi - first, let me thank you for all of the hard work to put these together. I have successfully installed the other MODS. I am using Steam and figured out how to route the folders to the Steam folders but I am having trouble with Coaches. When I go to pick my school, I get a runtime error which I assume is because it goes to the default folder. Is there a way to change this so I can choose the Steam folder?
gnv9212

Postby bloomington » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:45 pm

gnv9212 wrote:Hi - first, let me thank you for all of the hard work to put these together. I have successfully installed the other MODS. I am using Steam and figured out how to route the folders to the Steam folders but I am having trouble with Coaches. When I go to pick my school, I get a runtime error which I assume is because it goes to the default folder. Is there a way to change this so I can choose the Steam folder?

Hi gnv,
Your assumption is right because of how i coded it. I have not had a chance to make the folder dynamic in nature so that you can place it anywhere. You would have to have it in the saved folder for it to work at this point. I am planning more updates in the very near future so look for that to hopefully correct the issue.

Thanks
bloomington

Postby eric.somers2 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:27 pm

Hey Bloomington!

I'm following your exact instructions and this doesn't seem to be working. It keeps shifting coaches down a few notches (HC's names as 1st/2nd assistants). Any troubleshooting on how to fix that? Thanks!
eric.somers2

Postby Pittsnoggle » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:24 pm

I only have Excel and not Access. When I open a .mdb file with Excel, it has me choose a table. Obviously I'd choose the coaches one, but once I do choose and copy your data over: how do I get that back into the .mdb to import it into the game? Do I just save the file? Although I'm pretty familiar with Excel, I'm unfamiliar with how it handles .mdbs and I want to make sure I don't murder a game save before I do this.
Pittsnoggle

Postby PointGuard » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:56 pm

If you don't have MS Access, then try using a free database program you can download online...like MDB Viewer Plus
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2017 Mods