Bloomingtons 2017-18 Real World Coaches Mod

Re: Bloomingtons 2017-18 Real World Coaches Mod

Postby vols410 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:44 pm

Two questions for ya!

1. Several coaches are incorrect, especially in the SEC. Rick Barnes and Cuonzo Martin are on MTSU and Missouri ST, and Avery Johnson, Frank Martin, and several others are simply nonexistent. Is this still a work in progress?

2. Is it possible for this to work for DDSCB16?

Thanks, and fantastic work on this!
vols410

Postby bloomington » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:19 am

vols410 wrote:Two questions for ya!

1. Several coaches are incorrect, especially in the SEC. Rick Barnes and Cuonzo Martin are on MTSU and Missouri ST, and Avery Johnson, Frank Martin, and several others are simply nonexistent. Is this still a work in progress?

2. Is it possible for this to work for DDSCB16?

Thanks, and fantastic work on this!

Thanks for pointing that out..I havent looked at it but will try today...my "guess" is a little lazy coding where I may have had the coach linked to a key word that is found in more than one school so Rick Barnes would look for the key word Tennessee but because Tennessee Martin appears before Tennessee in the spreadsheet it may be placing him there rather than tennesee itself. Im just guessing but that may very well be whats happened. Anyways thanks for pointing it out..ill look at it shortly..and yes I hope to add more data to it as well while I check that out. Thanks for the feedback..helps everyone out.
bloomington
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby bloomington » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:50 am

Updated first post with Version 2.0. Note: the actual userform in the file still says 1.0 but disregard that

the only change I did was changing the code so that it picks up the right schools for the right coaches...as was pointed out, this was not working correctly. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll see what I can do about making updates sooner rather than later.

Thanks
bloomington

Postby Pittsnoggle » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:00 am

PointGuard wrote:If you don't have MS Access, then try using a free database program you can download online...like MDB Viewer Plus

Thanks! I'm trying this now, but I can't paste any data into the table in MDB Viewer Plus. I can double click into a cell and edit the data there, but that would obviously take forever. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Pittsnoggle

Postby vols410 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:53 am

Thanks for the fix Bloom!

Thought I'd let you know, I've been using KenPom's data to build a rating system for the coach database, and the results have been interesting for me at least.

For Offense/Defensive ratings I correlate his adjusted Offensive/Defensive Efficiency to a 20-100 scale, and I also adjust for talent using 247's team talent composite. The same team composite is used to approximate the coach's recruiting ranking.

Let me know if you want to take a look, and I'll get it sent to you.
vols410

Postby vols410 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:00 am

Figured I’d check back in. Worked on the coach ratings a ton over the weekend, and now I’ve factored experience into the quality of roster portion and the ratings are based on coach performance over the past 3 years, including years as an assistant if a new coach (very lightly weighted.)
vols410

Postby grieserulz » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:54 pm

I cannot get this to work for the life of me! I've tried deleting everything then downloading coach file, placing in save folder then starting new association and still wont work
grieserulz

Postby PointGuard » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:57 am

grieserulz wrote:I cannot get this to work for the life of me! I've tried deleting everything then downloading coach file, placing in save folder then starting new association and still wont work

Until Bloomington has an opportunity to update his mod for CB2018, download and install the temporary mod available at:

viewtopic.php?f=273&t=28542
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Seazyceaz » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:50 am

Griese, I was able to get this to work in the 2018 version. It took me a while to figure out but once you do it’s pretty simple, you’re essentially just copy pasting the coaches from a spreadsheet over to the spreadsheet in the game. Just make sure you follow the instructions Bloomington left very very carefully. If that don’t work let me know exactly where you’re getting stuck and I can help you through it
Seazyceaz

Postby grieserulz » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:03 pm

Seazyceaz wrote:Griese, I was able to get this to work in the 2018 version. It took me a while to figure out but once you do it’s pretty simple, you’re essentially just copy pasting the coaches from a spreadsheet over to the spreadsheet in the game. Just make sure you follow the instructions Bloomington left very very carefully. If that don’t work let me know exactly where you’re getting stuck and I can help you through it

So I followed the directions and place file in default saves folder, then started legacy and performed subsequent measures. After opening coach file and selecting school coach position and selecting create universe an error pops up saying that file ddscbb2017 saves no longer exists or has moved.
grieserulz

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2017 Mods