Bloomington's 2017-18 Real World Rosters Mod

Bloomington's 2017-18 Real World Rosters Mod

Postby bloomington » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:54 am

Hello,

I have completed the 2017-18 Real World Rosters Mod. So how do you use this in the game? Its really rather easy.

1. Create your dynasty league and as soon as your done creating your dynasty - go to the options wheel at the top and go to the COMMISSIONERS OFFICE.
2. in the Commissioners office - export your DB file which the game will save to your C:\Wolverine Studios\DDSCB2017\saves folder
3. Save and close the game.
4. Open the 2017-18 Real World Rosters .xlsx file I have created.
5. Highlight and copy the first 3 colums which are FIRST NAME, LAST NAME, and POSITION (the players position on the team) - DO NOT COPY the headings OR the team names ( I have shaded them so u know what not to copy).
6. Once you copy that information, minimize your excel window, and go to the C:\Wolverine Studios\DDSCB2017\saves folder and locate the FOLDER with the same name that u used to save your game. Open it
7. You will find the DB folder there, Open it. Inside you will see the DB file you exported from the Commissioners OFfice. Open that file.
8. On the left side, locate the PLAYERS table. Open it.
9. The players table is full of data. You wil locate the 3 headings noted above..first name, last name and position. They are all beside eachother too like the file I created.
10. Highlight from the first playerID all the way down to player ID 5280 which is the last playerid record...DO NOT HIGHLIGHT THE ROW with the 0 PLAYERID. Now that you have highlighted those 3 columns of data, go to the Paste toolbar item and click it. The game will tell you that you are about to past 5280 records and do u want to continue. You click yes, and your player names and positions will be pasted. Save the file.
11. Minimize ur database program and maximize the excel file. Now highlight and copy the remaining data : age, experience,jersey number, height point, height, and weight.
12. Restore the DB file, find those headings and do the same tthing highlight all the records across those 6 columns and down to the last row 5280 and paste like u did before.
13. Save the player table. Close the db file. Close your excel file.
14. Load your saved game in DDS CB 2017, head to the commissioners office and import the DB file. Save your game and your off and running. You may also want to use my real world coach mod to update real coaches too to have a complete real world update.

Some points...first of all I grabbed what I could. This took some bit of coding and it grabs some useful info as noted above. But there will be some oddities. First, I had to fill in missing players because not every real school fills their rosters to 15 players. So I took some lame players from the default file and put them in. I took players at the bottom of the rosters to ensure that the real players get priority over the filler fictional players. Second, you may get some additional oddities, like white players being black and vice versa. There is no photopack, just real names. Lastly, I did not change attributes as that will take some more coding which I may do later on but not before christmas for sure, so you may I suppose have a centre that has good outside shooting skills and so on (I suppose the way the game is going these days thats not so odd but I wanted to let u know). Other than that, I hope you enjoy the work I have done.

Last point - this should be used with the Real World Mod I have created since this is what I tested it with.

If you enjoy my work and feel moved to do so and would like to donate, please PM me for my paypal details. I have now created virtually everything you need for a real world experience to the game including courts, coaches, players, pictures, logos teams etc and these things do take some time - even being able to code things, sometimes the source is not 100% accurate, and there is always cleaning up of data, checking and testing.

Lastly where is this going forward? I would next like to return to focus on the coaches and possibly create along with the head coaches mod, an accompanying file that would have season by season breakdowns for the coaches or creating a tool that will allow you to choose any coach you want in the history of a school so you could for example match up all time great coaches against one another etc - and of course the courts :)

Anyways..here is the REAL WORLD ROSTERS MOD (which you can store anyplace you wish) : https://www.dropbox.com/s/lp77c6rbmvw1t ... .xlsm?dl=0 please have macros enabled!

ENJOY!!

BLOOM
Last edited by bloomington on Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
bloomington
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Bloomington's 2017-18 Real World Rosters Mod

Postby Cheech » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:30 am

Sorry, I can't seem to locate the link for your Dropbox. Can you direct me to its location? I'm sure I am just missing something.
Cheech

Postby bloomington » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:15 pm

Hi Cheech,

I found a small error in the file last night wrt a formula that would cause an error, so I removed the link. I fixed the problem last night but just want to test it a few times tonight before re-posting the link.

Cheers
bloomington

Postby Cheech » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:11 pm

You da Man!
Cheech

Postby bloomington » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:56 pm

1st post updated with real world roster. Sorry for the inconvenience. I should have removed a formula that was in the file that didnt agree with the DB file. Lesson learned for future.
Tested this file a few different ways over a couple of seasons. IF you did download the file I posted on Sundday, I believe just pasting over those values with the data from this file will fix things and allow u to continue without restarting a dynasty. It did for me.

Emjoy!
bloomington

Postby pats87 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:28 pm

No point guards on the rosters? :confused:
pats87

Postby bloomington » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:25 am

pats87 wrote:No point guards on the rosters? :confused:

So unfortunately if you go to the NCAA's site and look up rosters for every D1 school they dont really break positions down like you might find for the NBA. Typically on the site there are guards and forwards. I have since found another site which I will code soon. The benefit of that site is that it has depth charts which would not only break down player positions more precisely, but would also help to arrange skills more appropriately. FYI sport reference adds centers so you have 3 positions and that is what I used. The AI however should set the appropriate players for the appropriate positions for the most part. I know its not perfect, but I wanted to set a basic structure and build it out from there.
bloomington

Postby Jackson » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:10 pm

Do I need a special program to open that DB folder that you export? Because my computer opens it with word by default and what shows up is an unreadable mess.
Jackson

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2017 Mods