Using mods with Steam

Using mods with Steam

Postby smartman » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:52 pm

Does anyone know how easy it is to take these existing mods and use them if you buy the game from Steam? I am thinking about buying the game on Steam (have a gift card), but I'm not going to buy it if I can't get the logos and courts to work (really interested in the Light mod). I've gone into the Steamapps section to fiddle with things in other games so if it is going to install the relevant directories and such, I can just copy the files over after they install (have the demo so those default folders already exist). Thanks for the help.

P.S. Someone really needs to hype up the fact that there are mods for all the WS games because a lot of the negative reviews mention not being able to use real team names and logos. You'd probably get more sales if that was more wildly known.
smartman

Re: Using mods with Steam

Postby PointGuard » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:56 pm

Here's what Gary had to say about this:

"The mods will work with Steam but the all in one installer doesn't make it happen. They need to download them on their own and overwrite where Steam installs them.

I would love to do what smartman is suggesting but unfortunately I can't. It would be ok if someone else pointed out on the Steam threads they can be modded to be real NCAA teams but I can't be the one who does it."

Gary Gorski
WS Development
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby smartman » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:55 am

Try something to the effect "The Wolverine Studios website has a vibrant community that is happy to aid you in all things." Thank you.
smartman

Postby PointGuard » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:27 am

I'm not using Stream, but those of you who are using Stream can say that and also explain that mods are available through the Wolverine forum.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby gnv9212 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:47 pm

smartman wrote:Does anyone know how easy it is to take these existing mods and use them if you buy the game from Steam? I am thinking about buying the game on Steam (have a gift card), but I'm not going to buy it if I can't get the logos and courts to work (really interested in the Light mod). I've gone into the Steamapps section to fiddle with things in other games so if it is going to install the relevant directories and such, I can just copy the files over after they install (have the demo so those default folders already exist). Thanks for the help.

P.S. Someone really needs to hype up the fact that there are mods for all the WS games because a lot of the negative reviews mention not being able to use real team names and logos. You'd probably get more sales if that was more wildly known.

I used Steam and installed the Real World and players mods successfully. I cannot use the Coaches mod, however. I just chose the directory and path that leads to the Steam installed version of the game. Unfortunately, with the Coaches mod, you don't have that option. Hope this helps.
gnv9212

Postby bloomington » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:49 pm

Would someone be able to provide a sample "dummy" steam directory? Thanks
bloomington

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2017 Mods