Roster Template Files

Roster Template Files

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:08 pm

You will notice that when starting a new league you have a number of options one of them being using a custom file. We're providing two versions of this file template for you to use, edit and share. One version has you rate the players in each category and one version has you simply enter stats for players and the game will do the work of creating the players from those stats. The two files are different so be sure that if you are editing and sharing them that you do not change the "RosterType" table in them because the game needs that information in order to process the file correctly.

With opening this up to the community not only can you easily mod the files (with a database editing program) for your own liking but it also makes it easier for you when you start a new league. You can mod all the team information in the files as well so that you don't have to do that every time and of course with the community working together everyone can get the ratings and rosters just how they want them.

If you would like to download these templates either to edit or just to use as roster import files they can be found at http://www.wolverinestudios.com/downloa ... mports.zip - just download and place in your DDSPB18/setup/imports folder
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Re: Roster Template Files

Postby markprior22 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:50 pm

I am very confused by these mod files. Which file do I edit so when I start a new game (current year, fictional with NBA setup) the correct team names, arena names, etc load by default. I edited the "teams30" file (ratings import file) and placed it where the directions said. Renamed teams, stadiums, etc. but that doesn't seem to be working.

Edit-I also noticed that after installing DDSPB18, there are several files listed as "Kodi" type. Is that correct? For example, basicres and default under setup folder are listed as "Kodi" files.
markprior22

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:53 am

The two different files do the same thing - the only difference is in how the players are rated. In one you edit the actual ratings and in the other you just gather the stats and the game generates the ratings from them. If you edited Teams30 in the ratingsimport.mdb file then when you go to start a new league you select the "custom" option and you will be prompted to select the database you edited and then you just finish league setup and it should bring in everything.

I also have no idea what a Kodi file is - I'm guessing that somehow your computer has associated the .dat file extension with whatever it is
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby markprior22 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:13 pm

Thanks Gary.
markprior22

Postby Aceshigh24 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:51 pm

So if you don't have microsoft office you won't be able to edit rosters and you will have to use default until someone posts a set to use? Am i correct in assuming this?
Aceshigh24

Postby markprior22 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:02 pm

I'm still having issues. I select the custom option, click on ratingsimport and teams30. Game still defaults to fictional team names, courts, owners (these are all things I updated in the teams30 file). I imported the graphics mod also but, as I said above, it doesn't automatically pick those things up either. I can go in and change the courts, etc but I thought the whole point of the file was to do this automatically.
markprior22

Postby PointGuard » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:58 pm

Aceshigh24 wrote:So if you don't have microsoft office you won't be able to edit rosters and you will have to use default until someone posts a set to use? Am i correct in assuming this?

In the past I used a free database that I downloaded from the web and it worked fine for DDS games. Since I've had Access for quite a while now, I don't recall the name of the free one that I used. But there are quite a few free databases available.

https://blog.capterra.com/free-database-software/ provides info on several free databases.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby mpleague » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:04 pm

I use MDBPlus, it’s free and it works fine. Access is far superior but I don’t want to pay for that, and MDBPlus works fine for what I need to do
mpleague

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:27 pm

markprior22 wrote:I'm still having issues. I select the custom option, click on ratingsimport and teams30. Game still defaults to fictional team names, courts, owners (these are all things I updated in the teams30 file). I imported the graphics mod also but, as I said above, it doesn't automatically pick those things up either. I can go in and change the courts, etc but I thought the whole point of the file was to do this automatically.

I don't understand what you mean by clicking on teams30? Teams30 should not be its own file - it should be part of whatever roster mod file you are using (sounds like ratingsimport.mdb)
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby PointGuard » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:53 pm

mpleague wrote:I use MDBPlus, it’s free and it works fine. Access is far superior but I don’t want to pay for that, and MDBPlus works fine for what I need to do

Yeah! That's the one I used in the past.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2018 Mods