NFL 2017 Quick Start

NFL 2017 Quick Start

Postby gbmoore » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:12 pm

Francua4 and I created a 2017 NFL Quick Start

EDIT: NOTE....this is an ONLINE league quickstart. You can play watch mode, single player, MP, or as an online league. This setup gives the most flexibility. I am not creating another version in each setup. It's not a simple conversion and requires the same work.

Included
Real Teams
Real Players
Real Logos
Real Endzones

Not Included
Real uniform numbers
Coaches

Notes
We use Madden Launch ratings as base, regressed to DDSPF18 levels, edited players to achieve a more realistic stat level.
This is a quick start as an Online League. You can play in Watch Mode, take over a team or teams, start an online league
PW=1111
JSON of Players to be released at later date (although you can already export from game)
Rosters are Pre-Cut. Some trades have been completed, but roster cuts are not.
Training Camps will look strange in the first year due to the edits we made.

Instructions
Navigate to DDSPF18>Leagues
Create a folder titled "NFL 2017"
Download file - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Y8xL ... sp=sharing (ONLINE Settings)
or https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Y8xL ... sp=sharing (Sandbox Settings)
Place in "NFL 2017" folder
Next time you play choose load saved game
Pw=1111
Last edited by gbmoore on Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
gbmoore

Re: NFL 2017 Quick Start

Postby Tigerman » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:15 pm

People can edit the players to their actual numbers.
Tigerman

Postby gbmoore » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:17 pm

Aboslutely. We just didn't have an easy way to merge them in. We did add colleges, heights, weights and experience. I should also note that contracts are also game generated.
gbmoore

Postby Tigerman » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:19 pm

gbmoore wrote:Aboslutely. We just didn't have an easy way to merge them in. We did add colleges, heights, weights and experience. I should also note that contracts are also game generated.

Alright! The other one you did had many players get minimum wage for one year. Like some of the best. Can't wait to try this one!
Tigerman

Postby gbmoore » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:13 pm

There will be plenty of Free Agents after Training Camps. This is pre-cut. I left Boldin in FA in case anyone wanted him. You are free to retire him if you do not want him making it into the game.
gbmoore

Postby francua4 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:28 pm

Also as a disclaimer as soon as you sim past TC its going to show every player taking a negative hit on their ratings. The reason it shows this is cause because we made the changes prior to this point. Despite what it shows in terms of impacts it doesn't affect the adjustments Gary and I made to the roster.
francua4

Postby Tigerman » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:29 pm

gbmoore wrote:There will be plenty of Free Agents after Training Camps. This is pre-cut. I left Boldin in FA in case anyone wanted him. You are free to retire him if you do not want him making it into the game.

I found Centers and cornerbacks that are the same players and some centers are like 250 and less! There is a center that weighs 178 pounds!
Tigerman

Postby gbmoore » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:40 pm

Yeah, looks like some Centers must have got caught in with CB's in a merge. I may fix it down the road, but they will likely die a short death in FA.
gbmoore

Postby Tigerman » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:41 pm

gbmoore wrote:Yeah, looks like some Centers must have got caught in with CB's in a merge. I may fix it down the road, but they will likely die a short death in FA.

lol no biggie. can't import players from JSON format....
Tigerman

Postby francua4 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:44 pm

Tigerman wrote:
gbmoore wrote:There will be plenty of Free Agents after Training Camps. This is pre-cut. I left Boldin in FA in case anyone wanted him. You are free to retire him if you do not want him making it into the game.

I found Centers and cornerbacks that are the same players and some centers are like 250 and less! There is a center that weighs 178 pounds!

We don't claim its perfect but it serves its purpose. If you find something wrong with the roster feel free to make the adjustments as you see fit and then provide us all with the file so we can use it as well.
francua4

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2018 Mods