Is weather modeled in the game?
cdcool

Re: Weather?

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:06 pm

Not in this version.
brooks_piggott

Postby cdcool » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:33 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Not in this version.

Okay, sorry to hear that.

So playing in Green Bay in December, is the same as playing in San Fransico in July?
cdcool

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:06 am

Correct... there are too many configurations, cities, dates, league schedules, etc. to put in a complete system at this time.
brooks_piggott

Postby cdcool » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:15 am

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Correct... there are too many configurations, cities, dates, league schedules, etc. to put in a complete system at this time.

That's football :confused:
Weather is a major component of Football, so it's needed. I hope soon.
Thanks
cdcool

Postby TheRivals40 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:14 pm

cdcool wrote:
Brooks_Piggott wrote:Correct... there are too many configurations, cities, dates, league schedules, etc. to put in a complete system at this time.

Thanks

Just so you know. There is another sim football game I play that has weather in it. I don't find myself ever paying attention to weather at all. You can't see the actual players on the field like in madden, so it hardly makes any difference. So there's that.
NOppenheimer
TheRivals40

Postby cdcool » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:20 pm

TheRivals40 wrote:
cdcool wrote:

Thanks

Just so you know. There is another sim football game I play that has weather in it. I don't find myself ever paying attention to weather at all. You can't see the actual players on the field like in madden, so it hardly makes any difference. So there's that.

Really? I play them all too, it's modeled in the games, whether you pay attention to it or not.
How can you not pay attention to the weather in football to some extent? It affects games.
So there was nothing
cdcool

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:17 pm

Weather is on the list and has always been on the list. But we prioritize based on user feedback, implementation complexity, and available resources, and therefore it hasn't made the cut for this version. If we get a lot more feedback that we need it then we can look at it for a patch, or we will tackle it in the next version.
brooks_piggott

Postby cdcool » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:27 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Weather is on the list and has always been on the list. But we prioritize based on user feedback, implementation complexity, and available resources, and therefore it hasn't made the cut for this version. If we get a lot more feedback that we need it then we can look at it for a patch, or we will tackle it in the next version.

I get it, not complaining, just wanted to know and ask the question. It's on the radar, that's positive. Statium type and weather does affect teams performances as does home field advantage to a degree.

Thanks
cdcool

Postby paddyo7715 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:06 am

If in the future you do add weather to the game, could you make sure to make it configurable to turn it off for those of us that don't want weather to be a factor in our games?
paddyo7715

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2018 General Discussion