General Questions, bugs, issues thread

General Questions, bugs, issues thread

Postby TalonHIFL » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:50 pm

I did not see a thread like this yet, so figured I'd start one.

some of the questions I have is about the new coaching/GM features.

1. Will we be able to create/edit coaches and GMs in a sandbox league?

2. One bug I've found when viewing coaches is that when you switch from "Coach bio" to "Philosophy" is that the star-rating system remains overlaying the text, making it hard to read/see the philosophy of the coach begin viewed.

3. In the Finances section under all teams, I see "Fanbase" "Fan Apporval" and "Bandwagon" Is a higher or lower score better in these categories, and what effects this rating and does it have an effect on the team/gameplay?

I am loving some of the new stats and the interface to interact with them, this is an amazing upgrade/update so far! Thank you guys!
TalonHIFL

Re: General Questions, bugs, issues thread

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:54 pm

1. Yes
2. I'll take a look... we have a bug tracking system that we'll enter it into.
3. Fanbase/Approval/Bandwagon are ratings for how popular your team is, how happy they are, and how they're trending. Higher is better. These ratings will factor in to Free Agency decisions. AKH will have to give more details.
brooks_piggott

Postby TalonHIFL » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:24 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:1. Yes
2. I'll take a look... we have a bug tracking system that we'll enter it into.
3. Fanbase/Approval/Bandwagon are ratings for how popular your team is, how happy they are, and how they're trending. Higher is better. These ratings will factor in to Free Agency decisions. AKH will have to give more details.

AWESOME.

I love anything that adds depth to free agency!
TalonHIFL

Postby Bobble » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:53 pm

If this is the bug thread...

I let the CPU do an initial draft. I have 24 centers on my team and 0 WRs. I can work around this by drafting my own team but GB has 12 fullbacks. St. Louis has 16 tight ends. There needs to be more oversight here.
Bobble

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:01 am

That definitely sounds like a bug. I'll look into it.
brooks_piggott

Postby vgorilla80 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:52 am

I had the same issue during the initial draft, there were probably 5-6 CPU teams that it occurred on.
vgorilla80

Postby TalonHIFL » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:27 pm

So, after moving my PF16 league over to PF18, when I go to the "RECORDS" tab on player bios, past MVP, pro bowl, and all other accolades are not showing up from the past seasons.

Award history is still in the almanac, but it is not showing up on the player cards.

Not a major issue, but it is always nice to be able to grab a guys bio and see how many pro bowls and awards he's piled up.
TalonHIFL

Postby TalonHIFL » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:35 pm

I just discovered that in the formation specific depth charts, I can't put players anywhere I want...

EX: In a nickle, I want to play a Linebacker at DE (he is a 3-4 OLB/pass rusher, so he should play DE vs. LB in such a set) and I can only put DE/DT in the D-line spots. Same goes for other positions, similar to the way it was BEFORE depth charts were unlocked.

Is this something that cna be fixed? This is for the sandbox, as I can see why in multiplayer etc people didn't like the totally unlocked rosters, but I don't like that I am once again restricted in who can play where on the field. If I wanted to put a WR at Corner because of injuries, I should be able to do that, it doesnt have to be very successful, but I should be allowed to make that mistake.

It also once again hinders the ability to have a two-way player.
TalonHIFL

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:10 pm

I'll check with the team. I think with the positional skill ratings it's something we can look at unlocking.
brooks_piggott

Postby TalonHIFL » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:18 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:I'll check with the team. I think with the positional skill ratings it's something we can look at unlocking.

Is there a chance that on the next version of the game (or in the event of another patch) that we get this to happen?
TalonHIFL

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2018 General Discussion