General Questions, bugs, issues thread

Re: General Questions, bugs, issues thread

Postby Don » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:59 pm

Hello All,

I just bought the game and have ran into a number of bugs and issues that I hope can be addressed. I am running Version: 2.0.11

1) When I tried this game as a demo it would lock up at random intervals. The same thing occurs with the registered version. In fact, I can't actually tell a difference between the demo and registered versions. I've learned to save the game after any critical decisions, game play, trades, etc. The more frequent the better. A lock up erases all data previous to the last save. This can be most frustrating. (Machine Dell i5-8400 with 8g ram, Nvidia 1060 3g, 1TB hard drive running Windows 10 Home. I assume from this behavior that game data is held in memory until a save is selected.

2) While not a bug, there are no instructions for Free Agency, Staffing Recruitment, Financials, etc. Basically, there needs to be instructions for game steps post initial setup. In addition, I would suggest some type of instructions/guides for the process at the end of the season on contract extensions, etc.

3) There don't seem to be any restrictions on signing free agents, even during playoff games. The playoff game window is not intuitive at the end of the regular season.

4) There are no instructions on how to obtain and install JSON or CSV files for loading custom player names.

5) The staffing stats never seem to update. I just won a national championship and all my coaches still show 0 championships. That remained the case even after advancing to the next season.

6) Previous Drafts cannot be reviewed. Why?

7) League Media game highlights are blank during a season. When hitting the play button, a highlight plays, but I have no idea for what game.

8) Under Team Info : News - nothing ever appears

9) What are the max values for Fanbase, Fan Approval and Bandwagon under League Finances. Do the salaries caps ever increase for Staffing. If they do or its a manual setting, could it be included in the Help Guide?

10) In almost every window there is a link to the player information (very nice) except in the depth charts. Could they be added there?

11) Would recommend some type of single screen feature or process for setting team and mascot names at the creation of a new league. Very clunky to do it the way its set up currently.

12) I've noticed during playoffs (I've only completed two) that wildcard teams win about 90% of the time. The first playoff, not a single division champion advanced to the next level. The second time, only two advanced with one eventually winning the championship.

13) Question - Do player stats update? How can one tell over a career campaign? I see training updates, but how do they factor into the player skills? What do the various colors mean in the static numbers (not the bar graphs)? This would be an excellent manual addition.

Overall, I really like the game. I mostly manage the team(s) instead of actually playing each game. I also bought the college football game but haven't opened it yet. Keep up the good work. If I covered items already known, my apologies. If I can help troubleshoot, please let me know.

Don
Don

Postby Shu » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:48 pm

I'm thinking of picking up the Pro and College football games, I just wanted to know - if I play through a season of the college game, can I import players into a draft class for the pro game? Or does it work in some other way, or is it not possible at all?

Thanks!
Shu

Postby Bambi » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:04 pm

Is there an external manual on the web somewhere, or is it just the manual inside the game?
Bambi

Postby AKH » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:22 am

check out the guides section in the pinned thread above. Also feelf ree to post any questions you may have.
AKH

Previous

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2018 General Discussion