Is there "Potential" included in any way ?

Is there "Potential" included in any way ?

Postby Whomario » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:41 pm

Figure it is easier for guys keeping track of questions one at a time rather than in muddied up multi-purpose topics, so i thought i'd open a seperate one from my other inquiry ...

As someone mainly enjoying the squad-building aspect of these sort of game i was kinda weirded out that there does not seem to be any potential rating, is that correct or am i missing something ?
Whomario

Re: Is there "Potential" included in any way ?

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:57 pm

It's the one hidden rating :)

We use it internally to help drive booms/busts as players go through their careers.
brooks_piggott

Postby AKH » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:00 pm

Note that, at the scouting phase, you will get emails from your coaching staff recommending players they think have high potential.
AKH

Postby Whomario » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:12 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:It's the one hidden rating :)

We use it internally to help drive booms/busts as players go through their careers.

AKH wrote:Note that, at the scouting phase, you will get emails from your coaching staff recommending players they think have high potential.

Good to hear, works for me :)

However, i would say that it might be a good idea to have that scout's opinion to be viewable on your own players as well (just a coach's/scout's opinion), not just before signing/drafting a player.
Whomario

Postby Whomario » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:16 pm

Actually, it really isn't enough upon testing it out ... There really needs to be a screen to tell you potential, even if it is just a rough assesment with margin of error (like you get for the attributes). I don't mind the actual rating being hidden (heck, i wouldn't even mind more fog of war for the actual attributes), but there needs to be some sort of guidance with regard to this imo.

The aforementioned email are just a few random prospects, not (as i figured) an email detailing it for every player you decided to scout.
Whomario

Postby francua4 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:53 pm

I think the scouting works just fine. You're getting more then enough information on players you've scouted via the ratings information, including potential as a guide seems to be a bit redundant in my opinion. You also have the projected round of the players to go off of which also lends itself to what the potential of that player may be.
francua4

Postby dave1927p » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:35 pm

AKH wrote:Note that, at the scouting phase, you will get emails from your coaching staff recommending players they think have high potential.

Emails are not ideal because you can't go back to look at them very easy.
dave1927p

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2018 General Discussion