The one thing that irks me

The one thing that irks me

Postby FootballAddict » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:22 pm

So,
I've played a season in the demo version now, I did some here, some there, just to try out. And of course...it's a miles better game, than DDS:PF16. MILES..many miles better.
Playcalling is still my favorite thing since DDS:CF17, I like the new draft, and overall just nice additions, that add to the experience.

But...I sometimes just don't want to call plays. I just want to sit back, be the owner, watch the game play out and let the cpu do it's thing, while I stare grim and dark on the screen figuring, if i should fire the coaches or not^^

So...technically that's possible - the just sit back and watch thing - But...I reaaaaallly don't like that small square window, where half of the plays are just skipped, It's there, it's a legacy from the older versions...but please - it irks me - can you show the replay also in the same fashion you present playcalling? And I like also to request a "let coaches call" option in playcalling mode too.

Thank you! :)
FootballAddict

Re: The one thing that irks me

Postby TheRivals40 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:42 pm

a bit of a workaround, but you can do that if you just chose the play the game recommends everytime...if that makes sense
NOppenheimer
TheRivals40

Postby FootballAddict » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:13 pm

yeah, i get that. but if i play multiplayer i'd still have that small ugly screen, no?
FootballAddict

Postby Gatek99 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:14 pm

So we have to call every play every game?
Gatek99

Postby TheRivals40 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:21 pm

Gatek99 wrote:So we have to call every play every game?

No. You can have the CPU play the game for you. You can watch the replay or not. You can call some plays and just choose the CPU suggestion on others. You can sim weeks or seasons at a time. Whatever you want.
NOppenheimer
TheRivals40

Postby FootballAddict » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:21 pm

TheRivals40 wrote:
Gatek99 wrote:Whatever you want.

Not entirely...if you play multiplayer, you have to rely on the replay if you'd want to watch it, and that doesn't feature the white jerseys, the dropped passes (and the interceptions i believe) and has only a small square of the field.
If you want the nice 'playcalling' version and just have the game running in the background, because whatever, also not possible. you'd have to babysitt. And if you just click "call play" on all cpu suggested plays, you can actually call the game yourself anyways.

The workaround might be nice for some...but I'm not a fan.
Like I said...it's pretty much the only thing that irks me. And I hope to get it fixed for single player at least. I think it's harder to do for the replay/multiplayer.

This is how I would solve it, if I were Brooks - for singleplayer:
Add a countdown timer, which the player can adjust/enable/disable.
Once the timer hits 0, the game calls the suggested play for you.

Anyways...it's a luxury problem.
FootballAddict

Postby cdcool » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:32 pm

FootballAddict wrote:So,
I've played a season in the demo version now, I did some here, some there, just to try out. And of course...it's a miles better game, than DDS:PF16. MILES..many miles better.
Playcalling is still my favorite thing since DDS:CF17, I like the new draft, and overall just nice additions, that add to the experience.

But...I sometimes just don't want to call plays. I just want to sit back, be the owner, watch the game play out and let the cpu do it's thing, while I stare grim and dark on the screen figuring, if i should fire the coaches or not^^

So...technically that's possible - the just sit back and watch thing - But...I reaaaaallly don't like that small square window, where half of the plays are just skipped, It's there, it's a legacy from the older versions...but please - it irks me - can you show the replay also in the same fashion you present playcalling? And I like also to request a "let coaches call" option in playcalling mode too.

Thank you! :)

I guess you can sim first, hide the scores ( or don't look) and then watch the game. I have the same issue.
cdcool

Postby TheRivals40 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:23 am

FootballAddict wrote:
TheRivals40 wrote:
Gatek99 wrote:Whatever you want.

Not entirely...if you play multiplayer, you have to rely on the replay if you'd want to watch it, and that doesn't feature the white jerseys, the dropped passes (and the interceptions i believe) and has only a small square of the field.
If you want the nice 'playcalling' version and just have the game running in the background, because whatever, also not possible. you'd have to babysitt. And if you just click "call play" on all cpu suggested plays, you can actually call the game yourself anyways.

The workaround might be nice for some...but I'm not a fan.
Like I said...it's pretty much the only thing that irks me. And I hope to get it fixed for single player at least. I think it's harder to do for the replay/multiplayer.

This is how I would solve it, if I were Brooks - for singleplayer:
Add a countdown timer, which the player can adjust/enable/disable.
Once the timer hits 0, the game calls the suggested play for you.

Anyways...it's a luxury problem.

Yeah I hear you. I was just refering to SP mode.
NOppenheimer
TheRivals40

Postby FootballAddict » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:09 am

cdcool wrote:I guess you can sim first, hide the scores ( or don't look) and then watch the game. I have the same issue.

Well yeah, if you want to have the ugly showing of the match, which is exactly what my complaint is about^^ (small screen, no hangtime, no drops, no white jerseys, no interceptions). I think that's horrible to watch and it was one of the reason I played PF16 for probably two hours at max :(
I hope in one of the next versions - I doubt they make it pretty for this - they find a way to have the 'playcalling mode' being able to also replay the game, or at least have the missing animations in there, if it has to be that weird box.
FootballAddict

Postby cdcool » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:18 am

FootballAddict wrote:
cdcool wrote:I guess you can sim first, hide the scores ( or don't look) and then watch the game. I have the same issue.

Well yeah, if you want to have the ugly showing of the match, which is exactly what my complaint is about^^ (small screen, no hangtime, no drops, no white jerseys, no interceptions). I think that's horrible to watch and it was one of the reason I played PF16 for probably two hours at max :(
I hope in one of the next versions - I doubt they make it pretty for this - they find a way to have the 'playcalling mode' being able to also replay the game, or at least have the missing animations in there, if it has to be that weird box.

I agree
cdcool

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2018 General Discussion