Coaches in sandbox mode

Re: Coaches in sandbox mode

Postby JDB » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:33 pm

But if a coach retires or needs to be re-signed on a human team, what happens than when the team can't even hire the replacement? Sandbox mode has pretty much become unplayable.
JDB

Postby AKH » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:35 pm

teams will autosign if it is missing a coach at the end of the coachsigning stages.
AKH

Postby TalonHIFL » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:00 pm

I haven't gotten that far since I'm still setting things up to cross my game over from 16 to 18, but I play in sandbox and was really looking forward to the coaching aspect, but now I'm wondering, are these CPU auto-assigned coaches going to change the play style of each team in my league? Teams already had identities based on their players, custom playbooks etc, so I was going to hire coaches/staff that fit those needs.

Do the coaches have any effect in sandbox, or are they just there?
TalonHIFL

Postby francua4 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:03 pm

You can still do that, but you will have to assume control of each team in your league at the coach hire/fire stage, otherwise the CPU will make the adjustments it sees fit.
francua4

Postby dave1927p » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:31 pm

can you switch game modes from sandbox to career part way through?
dave1927p

Postby Tigerman » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:06 pm

dave1927p wrote:can you switch game modes from sandbox to career part way through?

Yes you can. You need to go to "Options".
Tigerman

Postby TalonHIFL » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:44 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Again, sandbox mode is for setting up scenarios and for running weeks and seasons at a time for multiple teams. It's not the greatest mode to be hiring, firing, scouting, etc. Those all require an "owner" to get the best experience.

The bad thing about the coaching not being in the sandbox is it basically forces you to use the pre-set coaches playbook or have to customize your own from scratch, I dont have the option of the "Spread" "Power" "default" "balanced" or "Vertical" playbooks anymore either.

Anyway to at least add the generic playbook options back so we in the sandbox modes don't /have/ to use the coaches playbooks, since they don't factor anyway?
TalonHIFL

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:01 am

I may be able to fix it by basically treating sandbox where if you're viewing that team, then that team is the current team and you're "auto" logged into it. I'm still looking into it, and it may not make this upcoming patch, but I'm hoping soon after we have a better story around this.
brooks_piggott

Previous

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2018 General Discussion