Online Leagues and Scouting...

Re: Online Leagues and Scouting...

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:19 am

Right now we have the best of both worlds. All of the leagues and users that have been asking for scouting and draft classes and the fun that goes along with it, well now it's included. For those that don't want it, there are ways around it that they can use to adapt their leagues to their needs. While we are big fans of adding configurations to tweak the game experience, this one has far reaching effects that would cause a lot of regression issues. We'll continue to solicit feedback, but at this point I think we're happy with how it works.
brooks_piggott

Postby Robmeister89 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:30 am

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Right now we have the best of both worlds. All of the leagues and users that have been asking for scouting and draft classes and the fun that goes along with it, well now it's included. For those that don't want it, there are ways around it that they can use to adapt their leagues to their needs. While we are big fans of adding configurations to tweak the game experience, this one has far reaching effects that would cause a lot of regression issues. We'll continue to solicit feedback, but at this point I think we're happy with how it works.

Yeah, I got that based on AKH's response in his "Status" topic.. just responding to Templer because he suggested that I said it didn't work. Which I did not.
Robmeister89

Postby Templer » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:06 am

Robmeister89 wrote:I never said it didn't work. I said it was pointless if the commissioner is distributing the spreadsheet then everyone knows the ratings. So what I want the option to turn off is the fog of war..

Gentleman, I've misinterpreted 'pointless'. This is on me. :o
Any ideas to make `pointless' to 'purposeful'?
I hope I have it right this time.
Follow WWPF Football on WWPF insider: https://twitter.com/WWPFInsider
Templer

Postby Robmeister89 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:13 am

Templer,
It is only pointless for those leagues that reveal the draft class using a spreadsheet. Otherwise it's a great addition to the game adding an additional layer to the draft. Not all leagues reveal players via a spreadsheet. As long as the draft class is not revealed prior to the draft the fog of war is not pointless. They aren't changing anything and that's fine. It seems this is starting to get taken out of context.
Robmeister89

Postby Templer » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:17 am

Ah, it becomes more clear now.
But then, if you reveal players via a spreadsheet, don't you take away a fun factor?
Last edited by Templer on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Follow WWPF Football on WWPF insider: https://twitter.com/WWPFInsider
Templer

Postby Robmeister89 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:17 am

Templer wrote:Ah, it becomes more clear now.
But then, it you reveal players via a spreadsheet, don't you take away a fun factor?

Some would prefer to know the rookies. That doesn't mean it's not fun
Robmeister89

Previous

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2018 General Discussion