Output Player Attributes Not Updating

Output Player Attributes Not Updating

Postby regenerator » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:07 am

I performed a Mass Update of 8% on all Center's PBL. I go to "Options" in the upper left hand menu, then click "Export CSV/Access" under "Export Data" to create new Output files in the "Output" folder found in the "...\Wolverine Studios\DDSPF 2018\Leagues\<Leaguename\Output". Then combining the newly created "IFC 10 Game_PlayerAttributes" file and the "IFC 10 Game_Players" to gain a complete view of players and their attributes/ratings in one file.

However, their appears to be some cached data or something, as no matter what I've tried (renaming the league, deleting the entire output folder), it does not reflect any global update. Therefore, there is a discrepancy between what is showing as Player Ratings inside the game vs. Output files. I really need the Output files to be accurate, as I use them to create Pivot Tables to compare against compare tables to make sure my Ratings are in the proper range to get realistic statistics.
This is a full stop error so please provide support as soon as you can. These updates are the last I need before I can start my league

This seems like a pretty huge bug, really surprised it's slipped past all this time unless hopefully its just a user error on my part

Btw, looking at the JSON file created by the "Export Button" from the Full Roster page inside the game (which btw the button is hard to get to work, sometimes I have to click it like 20 times before it works), I do see the updates that match Global rating changes, if that helps. This is very frustrating.
regenerator

Re: Output Player Attributes Not Updating

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:05 pm

Are any of the files open when you export? My guess is that the game is bypassing files due to error or locked files and just skips to the next one. You should see the timestamps change when it generates them successfully.

The Export Button issue is probably the same issue... if you have those files open it may not work correctly.
brooks_piggott

Re: Output Player Attributes Not Updating - Output Incorrect

Postby regenerator » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:39 pm

No, it's nothing that obvious. I think the problem lies somewhere in using "Save As" to create a new league.
For instance, I just performed an output via the "Export CSV/Access", and most of the ratings (after combining the "Player" and "Player_Attribute" output CSV files) are just a little off from what's shown in the game. It's as though it's pulling values from some version of this custom league several iterations ago, as I have been tweaking things here and there quite a bit over the past few months, sometimes using "Save As" to create new versions of the league in case I want to go back after a set of ratings updates.

When I was finally able to get "Export Data" to work after repeatedly clicking on it, then importing players into a new league, only THEN can I output and get the exact correct ratings. Also, as I mentioned, the values in the .JSON file are the correct values, reflecting the exact ratings as they appear in-game.

Also, yes, I have checked the filestamps when it creates new output files and they are correct.

Additionally, I am still having problems with "Export Data" - when it works, it almost seems like luck.

My workaround -
1) Exported Data
2) Created New League, using Exported JSON file as player source
3) Created output files using "Export CSV" functionality
4) Now I have csv/excel files with correct ratings

This is obviously a big pain as a workaround - hopefully it can help you figure out what the source of the problem is.
regenerator

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:11 am

My guess is that there are some cached teams/players that are not being re-set when "save as" is used. I would try doing "save as", but then try reloading it, or closing the game and reloading and see if you can export then.

It's also very possible there are some bad object references with the players which cause the files to hit an error and stop generating. The only way to debug that is for you to upload your .bin file and we can run it through on our side and see what the exact error is. If you want to put them up at https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnHBGALZN-MFzUG4RlHmHwksClu8 we can take a look.
brooks_piggott

Postby regenerator » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:20 pm

Hi Brooks,

I've uploaded my BIN file. Thanks
regenerator

Postby regenerator » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:32 pm

Any update on this ? BTW, this is happening across the game. I just started a new team, applied Global Update, then Output via the CSV Output, and the values in Player Attributes did not reflect the Global Update. I would consider this is a very high level bug
regenerator

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:36 pm

I took a look at this and put a workaround in for the issue. It stems from the historical record being captured by the game for that initial training camp never gets updated as training camps or global updates get implemented. The export should re-sync those up now.
brooks_piggott

Postby regenerator » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:22 pm

Do I need to install a new patch, or download my BIN file from your website, what on my side do I need to do to get the fix going?
regenerator

Postby regenerator » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:38 pm

So I went ahead and assumed you wanted me to download the .BIN file from the share you gave earlier. Now, when I generate the output files, I can't retrieve them - then hang for a few seconds and nothing happens. I'll see a spinning icon near my mouse icon indicating ,processing for a few seconds, then nothing happens. I've tried doing this with everything else closed. I've also tried to open the program I use (in this case OpenOffice Calc) to open the new output files from there, but then Calc will do the same thing! It thinks about opening for a few moments, then nothing, Can you recheck what you did so I don't have these issues? Thanks (and again assuming you wanting me to download the BIN from your server to replace mine)

Also remember, this phenomena of records being off is happening in all of my leagues...
Last edited by regenerator on Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
regenerator

Postby regenerator » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:52 pm

No fix - I'm seeing the same historical ratings. Also, I haven't been able to "Export Data" from the Search screen where you can see all the players, which I dunno if that's necessary for your workaround.
1) Can you take another look at this/explain more clearly your workaround and if it does involve "Export Data"?

As I mentioned before, sometimes Export Data simply won't work, other times after about the millionth click it works, and other times it works after the 2nd click There seems to be no rhyme or reason.

EDIT - after more attempts, I was able to export data and open up the output files with no trouble in my CSV/Spreadsheet software. However, It's STILL showing Legacy values. Is there a specific flow I need to follow so that the "Export File" functionality as you seem to suggest will fix the output as you referred to in your original fix response (at least from what I understand? Again, please provide a step-by-step process.
regenerator

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2018 General Discussion